Mass Shooting in Vegas

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bubba74, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

If the Democrats think that they have all of the answers to this gun issue, why is it that when they were in power, they DIDN'T pass any of these gun grabbing laws and/or regulations? They've had their chances over the years, but have done no such thing.
    They are frauds.

Grappy, Bubba74 and Keepingon like this.
  2. Northern Flash

These shootings are not stoppable, regardless of any new legislation getting passed.

If criminal acts are eliminated by putting it on paper, I guess that we need to put it in writing that drive-by shootings and killing innocent civilians in Chicago is illegal.
    Or how about speeding on the interstates? I think that it's illegal, and a piece of paper doesn't stop it.
    How about texting while driving? In most states, it's illegal to text and drive. Does that law stop it from happening? I think that we all know the answer.

Restricting law abiding citizen's gun rights cures nothing, since the criminals don't care what the laws are anyway.

jimmy g likes this.
  3. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

Hmmm, maybe you have a point.

Since the criminals don't follow the laws, why bother having them? It would be a whole lot easier to just do away with the Criminal Justice System. Like you said drive by's, speeders, and texter's while driving are unstoppable, no matter what legislation is passed.

Magoo and pilot87 like this.
  4. falconfan

falconfan Well-Known Member

CNN) — At least 77 people were killed Thursday night when a large truck plowed through a crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, France, President Francois Hollande said.

The maniacs will find a way if they are hell bent on it.
    The Vegas shooter might just be a homicidal maniac, but somehow I am suspicious of his girlfriend and Islamic ties.
    None the less, Outlawing Islam in the world would eliminate most massacres like these. Ask the Europeans.

Northern Flash likes this.
  5. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Answer: Gun Lobby and NRA

6. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

so they have more power than the president with a compliant house and senate?

they could have passed any law they wanted

the real issue (and sadly the same with the GOP and BarryCare) better to ignore it and campaign on it bashing the other side and raising money, than to actually put together what you would consider a fix and take that issue away.

Plus, the Dems know if they did something like that they would never win another election in the heartland

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  7. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I normally am not a Steve Bannon fan. He's right tho, on saying that Trump will lose more voters if he mentions gun control than he would granting full amnesty to illegals.

As my wife asked: how does does banning, siezing, her self protection weapon stop a raving maniac from killing people?

The guy had bomb materials in his car. He had 50 lbs of explosive in his hotel room. He reportedly tried first to fire into and explode airline fuel tanks. He wasnt just intent on shooting people. His mission was to kill in anyway he could.

8. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

I can only think of two reasons for this guy to go off like he did:

1) Islam
    2) Recently diagnosed with a terminal disease

9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Traditionally, Islamists don't shoot themselves. He might have blown up the room with the explosives he had if he was traditionally Islamic. And it appears he actually had an escape plan. If the fuel tanks had exploded, he could have just walked away in the confusion. So that opposes the terminal illness thing. Somethings up, and we don't know.

10. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

11. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Lets allow silencers on our guns to save our hearing.:couch:

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Its not about a collective allowing things. Freedoms are individual Rights that Government can't restrict. Youre a grown man. If you want one on yours, put one on.

Bart and buffalobill like this.
  13. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Something is missing in this entire thing
    Listened to a former CIA agent on the radio (all speculation) but aid if he was one of theirs there would be a false social media account to provide some info, there is nothing there that the people have been made aware of

it is starting to come out that he did have an escape plan probably didn't account for all the smoke or the people in the surrounding rooms calling security

(ps Hilly, he didn't use a silencer because he wanted to cause death and confusion- but I'm sure you knew that being the smartest woman ever and all)

14. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

It is obvious that gun laws like Chicago has don't work. Since Rahn Emanuel has been mayor there have been over 4000 homicides & before him under Mayor Daley the body count was 14,563. With the one of the most restrictive gun laws in the country that city should look for real solutions. I have relatives in the Chicago metroplex. Illinois doesn't recognize the reciprocal concealed carry permit of my home state so when I visit I am not allowed the right to defend myself or my family.
    One gun law I agree with is felons should not be allowed to carry firearms. Obviously there are many felons with firearms in Chicago. A suggestion for this city would be to enforce the laws that exist instead of denying law abiding citizens their rights.

Northern Flash likes this.
  15. Northern Flash

That's silly. But as I've said before, the only people that follow the laws are those who feel like following them, and criminals don't.

The Criminal Justice System has to be there for the enforcement end of criminal activity.
    If there was no punishment, the crime rates would be quadrupled.

The point is real simple. A piece of paper (legislation) doesn't stop the criminals from committing criminal acts. It never has and never will.

16. Northern Flash

And yesterday there was some clown from Britain flapping his gums about what we need to do over here to get things changed.
    This asshat should worry about his own country, since Britain can barely go a month without another massive attack.

17. Northern Flash

So let me get this straight. The Democrats held power at several different points in the recent past, but the "Gun Lobby and NRA" stopped them from passing gun laws?
    That's a real stretch of the imagination.
    I call that b.s. and a cop-out.
    The Democrats are (once again) using this gun grabbing agenda for political purposes, when in reality, they changed nothing when they had the opportunities.

jimmy g likes this.
  18. Northern Flash

I can only think of one. You could be right, but the disease part shouldn't have made him hate on other citizens like he did. What he did is pure evil, and there is only one other thing that makes sense, and you have it listed.

I am very curious as to what his motivation was. (But, I'm going to suspect your #1 reason until proven otherwise.)

19. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Antifa's already hate on us that bad, being on death row would give him a reason to take action. I expect this to happen over pension cuts.

20. Northern Flash

Would these silencers (whether used in this case or not) have saved or hurt another single person?
    Totally irrelevant.