XPO | Massive amounts of damage freight

You made great points about the empty trailers not being used with the focus on cube. Someone threatening you with a write-up because you used common sense doesn't surprise me. Make the FOS write you up. Call their bluff. There has to be a shred of decency in this FOS - I can't that the wheels have fell off this place that bad in management.

It's easier to understand what you are trying to say when you throw some periods in.
Yep. Write you up. Then call the hotline. Trailers are loaded by revenue now, not cube.

You made great points about the empty trailers not being used with the focus on cube. Someone threatening you with a write-up because you used common sense doesn't surprise me. Make the FOS write you up. Call their bluff. There has to be a shred of decency in this FOS - I can't that the wheels have fell off this place that bad in management.

It's easier to understand what you are trying to say when you throw some periods in.

Write-ups :lmao:

I always ask if they need to use my pen or do they have their own. Don't make idle threats now go put your big boy pants on and put pen to paper.

Yep. Write you up. Then call the hotline. Trailers are loaded by revenue now, not cube.
I wonder how much of the revenue XPO keeps when you subtract money paid for issues like damages ( even if it's not damaged if it needs recouped - that takes time ), labor ( it takes longer to work a crammed and jammed trailer ) - you get the point.

A lot of these issues can be avoided if we didn't have the FOS's and FOM's on a completely different page than the drivers. The good drivers are focused on what makes sense. The management is and should be focused on what makes money. If management would just take a moment and realise : You can make money with ideas that make sense! - This would make life at XPO sooooooooooooo much easier.

Just curious you guys. But if a driver, or dock man makes a suggestion to management, and they respond, that is a great idea. Do they ever institute that suggestion into the operation? Have made same to management here, and it stays a good idea, but that is it. Sound familiar?

Just curious you guys. But if a driver, or dock man makes a suggestion to management, and they respond, that is a great idea. Do they ever institute that suggestion into the operation? Have made same to management here, and it stays a good idea, but that is it. Sound familiar?

Yup, Con-way's MO when I was there was "if we want your opinion we'll give it to you..." Looks like nothing has changed.

Am I the only one who is seeing damaged freight? I have been here a few years and am amazed at the amounts of damaged freight that is being loaded and unloaded on the trailers.It seems like overnight nobody cares anymore?
They have lied to so many people as well as the broken promises and people just don't care anymore they have took everything away that a lot of people counted on and worked for so hard and after so much it's not fun anymore I really feel for all of you

Am I the only one who is seeing damaged freight? I have been here a few years and am amazed at the amounts of damaged freight that is being loaded and unloaded on the trailers.It seems like overnight nobody cares anymore?

The OS&D section on our dock is plum full of wrecked and refused freight. Nothing but a sea of red cones. I had a shipment that was totally wrecked right out of an I/b stripper. I asked the os&d clerk for a red cone. And she said..."that's ,it, there ain't no more".

The OS&D section on our dock is plum full of wrecked and refused freight. Nothing but a sea of red cones. I had a shipment that was totally wrecked right out of an I/b stripper. I asked the os&d clerk for a red cone. And she said..."that's ,it, there ain't no more".
I saw a couple shipments that I loaded (and were already damaged) at a fac in our os&d a couple days later. Our csr was on the dock and I mentioned it to her. She said they were both involved in a rollover accident but we had to attempt delivery anyway!

Yep.

I saw a couple shipments that I loaded (and were already damaged) at a fac in our os&d a couple days later. Our csr was on the dock and I mentioned it to her. She said they were both involved in a rollover accident but we had to attempt delivery anyway!
Yes. Legally it's still the shippers freight. They have to refuse it for the claim.

You're kidding me Dalesr...right? Did XPO offer that customer a 15% discount on their next shipment w/ us..or come to their shop w/ pizza? Surly everything would be all good if that happened.

You're kidding me Dalesr...right? Did XPO offer that customer a 15% discount on their next shipment w/ us..or come to their shop w/ pizza? Surly everything would be all good if that happened.
I doubt it, but I did load the replacement a week later, ugly long crate, and it actually made it in perfect condition.

When a driver is too lazy to drop the bars and build the decks and the entire trailer is floor loaded ( and it's all waist high freight or shorter ) how is the driver not suspended immediately or let go if there are damages?

When a driver is too lazy to drop the bars and build the decks and the entire trailer is floor loaded ( and it's all waist high freight or shorter ) how is the driver not suspended immediately or let go if there are damages?
You know why. No accountability. When I run to xnw, the fos that runs my sector does very little supervising. To help him, when I see freight on the dock that should have been loaded, I let him know. This doesn't happen every night, maybe once or twice a week. He scans it to see who docked it, finds the culprit and makes them load it. Along the same line, if I see something on the dock that should have been recouped by whoever stripped it, before getting plopped on the dock, I do the same thing. I do confront other drivers/dockworkers, but I like to think I'm "helping the fos lead his team". Petty you may say, but I don't care, plus, it's one less skid for me to load or recoup if (and it isn't always) it's my freight.

You know why. No accountability. When I run to xnw, the fos that runs my sector does very little supervising. To help him, when I see freight on the dock that should have been loaded, I let him know. This doesn't happen every night, maybe once or twice a week. He scans it to see who docked it, finds the culprit and makes them load it. Along the same line, if I see something on the dock that should have been recouped by whoever stripped it, before getting plopped on the dock, I do the same thing. I do confront other drivers/dockworkers, but I like to think I'm "helping the fos lead his team". Petty you may say, but I don't care, plus, it's one less skid for me to load or recoup if (and it isn't always) it's my freight.
It's the PC thing don't want to offend or hurt someone's feelings or afraid they call HR or the FOS just don't have the balls to speak up.