XPO | Massive amounts of damage freight

You know why. No accountability. When I run to xnw, the fos that runs my sector does very little supervising. To help him, when I see freight on the dock that should have been loaded, I let him know. This doesn't happen every night, maybe once or twice a week. He scans it to see who docked it, finds the culprit and makes them load it. Along the same line, if I see something on the dock that should have been recouped by whoever stripped it, before getting plopped on the dock, I do the same thing. I do confront other drivers/dockworkers, but I like to think I'm "helping the fos lead his team". Petty you may say, but I don't care, plus, it's one less skid for me to load or recoup if (and it isn't always) it's my freight.

Had a guy yell at me last night to recoup the freight. And I just kinda yelled back the whole dock is full of trashed freight and even pointed to several pieces right there near us. And then I go to look for something to recoup it with, because I might be an ass but I ain't that much of an ass, and after some searching I return there to the door and I ask him..... when is the last time you even saw a roll of tape ? What the hell am I even supposed to recoup this with ? We both shrugged and shook our heads. Just let it go, he says. What can you do ?

Had a guy yell at me last night to recoup the freight. And I just kinda yelled back the whole dock is full of trashed freight and even pointed to several pieces right there near us. And then I go to look for something to recoup it with, because I might be an ass but I ain't that much of an ass, and after some searching I return there to the door and I ask him..... when is the last time you even saw a roll of tape ? What the hell am I even supposed to recoup this with ? We both shrugged and shook our heads. Just let it go, he says. What can you do ?
You want tools and supplies to do our jobs? Please!

You know why. No accountability. When I run to xnw, the fos that runs my sector does very little supervising. To help him, when I see freight on the dock that should have been loaded, I let him know. This doesn't happen every night, maybe once or twice a week. He scans it to see who docked it, finds the culprit and makes them load it. Along the same line, if I see something on the dock that should have been recouped by whoever stripped it, before getting plopped on the dock, I do the same thing. I do confront other drivers/dockworkers, but I like to think I'm "helping the fos lead his team". Petty you may say, but I don't care, plus, it's one less skid for me to load or recoup if (and it isn't always) it's my freight.

If you've got to help a FOS lead his team, sounds to me like the FOS needs a coaching session on his job description! Maybe a little more time actually doing it than spending time on the Twitter machine...

If you've got to help a FOS lead his team, sounds to me like the FOS needs a coaching session on his job description! Maybe a little more time actually doing it than spending time on the Twitter machine...
You get what you pay for in fos's. You remember that they are treated like crap. I get a kick out of the fact that HE listens to ME! I don't do it to be an ass, I hope some good rubs off on him.

You want tools and supplies to do our jobs? Please!

I try to remember to get a roll of tape from the office and put it on my motor as I begin my I/b dock work. I also carry tape and two rolls of sw under my driver's seat in my tractor to make my shipments 'show room presentable' before I get to all consignees' stops. Why? cause I care about keeping my customers and when I don't load my peddle...I'm very often in for hidden surprises in my load.

The best thing to do is not tear the frieght up to begin with!
I actually watched the whole Old Dominion commercial the other day very closely and could not help but notice that they have some pretty primo freight.It fit right in there like it was made for a commercial LOL

The best thing to do is not tear the frieght up to begin with!

So many guys just don't care. Have reputations for not caring. Just tear ::shit:: up to have something to talk about on the ride home.... man, did you guys see the way I tore that ::shit:: up ? It never would have flown before. But now it seems anything goes.

My only goal, literally the only thing I want to accomplish at all every single night is not to set that camera off.

My time on the dock I spend trying to stay out of the way. And cleaning up other peoples messes. But I am last nearly everywhere I go, so it's not like I have much for options.