TForce | May 01 aftermath

Familyman

TB Veteran
Credits
I find it interesting that all the pre 05/01/2006 hype and talk has disappeared.

Did they make you guys sign a no talk agreement before giving the meetings or what??

Was it as good as was hoped for? Better worse?

Hmmmmmmmm
FM

As far as i can tell the only thing that changed is our name and better uniforms.....I'm glad to see the sky was falling............

Familyman said:
I find it interesting that all the pre 05/01/2006 hype and talk has disappeared.

Did they make you guys sign a no talk agreement before giving the meetings or what??

Was it as good as was hoped for? Better worse?

Hmmmmmmmm
FM

It's going to be a lot better than FedEx all the way around. Pay benefits you name it.:bgroovy:

Post 5/1/06

Freight has picked up. A lot more E-Bills already. A couple FXF drivers said they already put in there apps. More changes start 5/8 with..........sorry, can't talk about it, haven't been to the debriefing meeting!! :biglaugh:

Skeeter said:
It's going to be a lot better than FedEx all the way around. Pay benefits you name it.:bgroovy:

I hope it is way better. Our raise goes into effect 1st Sunday of June. But I bet upsf will not be way better,maybe just a little closer.:smilie_132:

What's brown on top, mint green in the middle and brown on the bottom?

An Andies mint or a upsf driver.:biglaugh:

if WE want it to be better, WE have to do what it takes to make it better.things wont change by its self and nobody will do it for us.YES we have to do it ourselves. i think a lot of people are holding their breaths but from the people i talk to, most cant wate.

wassesname said:
if WE want it to be better, WE have to do what it takes to make it better.things wont change by its self and nobody will do it for us.YES we have to do it ourselves. i think a lot of people are holding their breaths but from the people i talk to, most cant wate.
That's exactly what I think. Every one I talk to wants to wait it out, I guess they believe the vision statement,"over time,will come the best jobs in terms of job security, wages, benefits, and job satisfaction. We'll cut your pay now so that later you'll appreciate what we give you. I was blinded by the UPS brand now I can see the light.

We did not have to sign anything nor were told not to talk. I picked up tons of fedex freight and was told it's going to be a regular pick up. I don't like to see any hard worker loose there job.

steve5 said:
That's exactly what I think. Every one I talk to wants to wait it out, I guess they believe the vision statement,"over time,will come the best jobs in terms of job security, wages, benefits, and job satisfaction. We'll cut your pay now so that later you'll appreciate what we give you. I was blinded by the UPS brand now I can see the light.
Whats all this crap about more money ?? We aren't gonna get anymore money..We just got a raise in Jan. 06 they aren't gonna give us nothing they don't have to give us..So I don't understand why someone is sayin we are getting more money ...Where is ur proof..
Money talks and BS walks.:duh:

skull said:
We did not have to sign anything nor were told not to talk. I picked up tons of fedex freight and was told it's going to be a regular pick up. I don't like to see any hard worker loose there job.
Ya never know, stranger things have happened.

Might be doing some aggressive pricing to get the ball rolling, might be a bad account, might just be because FXF just raised their rates.

Only time will tell.

Still doesn't answer what changes were made to benefit the employees, if there wasn't any that's fine I was just curious after reading all the post about how UPS was going to step up to the plate and take care of the employees, that's all.

FM

Familyman said:
Still doesn't answer what changes were made to benefit the employees, if there wasn't any that's fine I was just curious after reading all the post about how UPS was going to step up to the plate and take care of the employees, that's all.FM
From the near silence regarding the new benefit package, one might construe that it wasn't much of an improvement, if any at all. Otherwise, I'm sure we'd be hearing from the 'Wait and See' crowd.

I have started looking at the new benefits package. We have until June to make choices. I have decided to wait until the hubby comes home tomorrow so he can go over it.

steve5 said:
'with TEAMSTERS REPRESENTATION,you WILL SEE the best jobs in terms of job security,wages,benifits,job satisfaction,overtime,after 8hrs.respect,dignity,pride,and many other wonderful things':tribehasspoken: :cool: :bgroovy: :tribehasspoken:

just-me said:
Whats all this crap about more money ?? We aren't gonna get anymore money..We just got a raise in Jan. 06 they aren't gonna give us nothing they don't have to give us..So I don't understand why someone is sayin we are getting more money ...Where is ur proof..
Money talks and BS walks.:duh:
We just want what they took from us in Feb. Full rate for delay,layover, and paid for all time on duty. Not give an hour here give an hour there. CPM is fine.