McCain Condemns ‘Half-Baked, Spurious Nationalism’ in Speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Oct 17, 2017.

1. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Glad you're back, Ras!!! I missed you!!!!!

Rastus likes this.
  2. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/rastus-pm-me.82298/
    Good to see you back.
    You made the headlines.LOL.

Rastus likes this.
  3. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Rastus making his Ali like return to the ring

Rastus and jimmy g like this.
  4. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Well I'll be...look at what the cats dragged in last night.
    Welcome back, you were missed, Supercourse wants you to PM him.

Rastus likes this.
  5. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are.

6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I didn't think it was funny. Mags makes up stuff, and puts his words in other's mouths....

7. mud

mud Wonderin'

I have always admired John McCain. Read the book Faith of my Fathers. But it's time for Senator John McCain to retire. Imo.

Keepingon likes this.
  8. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Thats nothing, Trumps giving us all the Donald daily.
    Some people like it.
    I prefer the black guy we had last
    How about you?

9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

You know my answer. I want nothing to do with Marxists.

Northern Flash likes this.
  10. slavenomore

NEOCON means "New" " Conservative"....I don't find them very 'conservative" for a number of reasons....plus they use the military as an excuse for milking the budget.....very childish...Nobody else has an excfuse to abuse the budget and keep us in debt and Empire building surely should be viewd as treason not "partiriotism..when the debt is at $20 trillion..............It never should have been allowed to increase past $1000...$1000 was the cutoff between misdemeanor theft and felony.
    And the righties on your team, Mr. g are not traditional Republicans either...they are Cordel Hull Progressives....He replaced tariffs with Income tax and started the UN.....worldly Empire building is what the right has been doing for decades...and misusing the military to do it....It is called the department of "defense" not offense.....but there's a lot of welfare tax dollars to be had by following it.....from the top don to the guy going into basic training..........$20 trillion in deb means we should have gotten out of foreign affairs the first year we had debt instead of surplus......and that was a long time ago.....when you have no money for here....you sure as hell have no money for 'there'.....the world.
    http://edition.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/04/15/ip.interview/

WOODRUFF: What do you say -- what do you argue in this book that should be done to make things better for these people?
    BUCHANAN: Stop exporting American jobs. Stop exporting American factories, and stop exporting American sovereignty and independence to global institutions like the World Trade Organization. That basically is the argument, and I have a program on how to do it.

WOODRUFF: Now, you talk in here, among other things, a 15 percent tariff. Some people would say a Republican arguing for tariffs?

BUCHANAN: Judy, tariffs, protectionism was written into every Republican platform from 1880 to 1944, all the way from Lincoln to Theodore Roosevelt to the late 1940s. The Republican Party was a party of economic nationalism.

That's the party that built America into the greatest industrial empire that we've ever seen. Now, we got 53 percent imported manufacturers are equal to 53 percent of production in America. You can keep that up for a while. We are selling off the family estate, and we're having a high old time doing it.

WOODRUFF: I found some in getting ready for this interview, some very critical reviews of your book from some prominent conservatives. "The Weekly Standard," "The National Review." Bob Bartly (ph), who's the editorial page editor for "The Wall Street Journal," writes "before conservatives follow Pat Buchanan in jettisoning the free market they should look carefully at the others who are marching behind his banner." And he mentions John Sweeney of the AFL-CIO.

BUCHANAN: Well, there's nothing wrong with working people wanting to keep their jobs in the United States, Sweeney is right on there. Mr. Bartly is a bogus conservative. The folks at "National Review" and the folks at "The Weekly Standard" march under a conservative banner. Their passports are forged, Judy. They have embraced a free trade ideology that goes back to FDR, and Cordell Hull, and Woodrow Wilson to 19th century folks whom Spiro Agnew would have called radical liberals.

The American tradition of Washington, and Hamilton, and Madison, and Lincoln, and TR, and Pat Buchanan is of economic nationalism -- making America an independent, self-sufficient, sovereign forever country that's able to stand on its own feet. We are following the British example of global free trade and these fellas are in the vanguard.

Here's a title from Buchanan...."A Republic...Not An Empire(Mr. G you and most of the people following the GOP have NOT followed that ideology for a very very long time...even if you voted for him in the primaries.....it's all abvout abusing America with misuse of taxes and American use for military...and about following economic ideologies of people who do not think like traditional Republicans like Buchanan.:
    https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-...mericas-destiny-patrick-j-buchanan/1107973628

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  11. Northern Flash

I see McCain woke up again this morning.
    :order:

slavenomore likes this.
  12. slavenomore

Now you're making me laugh.

13. Northern Flash

We do need to lighten the mood on occasion.:1036316054:

slavenomore likes this.
  14. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Nope
    the guy we had last did more damage to this country and now you are all blaming Trump for fixing the crap the last guy screwed up
    A day of reckoning comes in everyones life
    We kicked the can down the road for 60 years on N Korea- time to stop
    We kicked the can down the road on Iran for 40 years- time to stop
    We kicked the can on the debt, healthcare, etc...- time to stop

jimmy g and Northern Flash like this.
  15. Northern Flash

The Democrats will never become concerned about the debt because that's how they buy votes for their party. Their pork projects that cost the American tax payers more money and debt is what buys them votes. The worst part is that the current Republican leadership is heading down that same irresponsible path.

16. Northern Flash

I think that McCain needs to go from Washington DC, back to Arizona.
    So I called Uber and made arrangements for him to be picked up tomorrow morning.
    I hope that he doesn't hold up my driver and run the bill up on me.
    Because of his Military service, I went first class........

[​IMG]

17. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Seriously why doesn't that guy go enjoy what little time he has left with his family.
    Kind of pathetic

18. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Kick the can or send your kids off to war
    what will it be?

And we really have no right to tell some other country they can't have what we and many others have.

Oh but we need nukes as leverage to keep others from attacking us.
    Exactly why others want them

19. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

No one 'sends their kids to war.'

The soldiers that your and my butts are adults, and proudly volunteer to defend our nation.

If you had ever raised children, or been around any military personnel, you'd know that.

20. slavenomore

Some might think this a distasteful question...but I think it is a question which should be asked and I wonder if the truth would really ever be known...but.....
    Is it REALLY the desire to defend nation that is the main reason?
    Or is it something else?
    Such as.........this is their only way to move on after high school to move on and out of mom and dad's house.....due to not many local jobs.....or no real desire to join the workforce into some " boring, go nowhere job?
    Is it the opportunity for free tuition or other educations and training they receive there or receive after?
    Is it the chance to travel the nation and world free of charge that drives some to join?

I'd like to see all that broken down into percentages as to why.....but I doubt I'd see an honest answer...........political economics should want answers to those questions to.
    I know a lot of people believe things as they are layed out on regular basis.....but I've never been a big flag waver....or huge supporter of our military because it has not been used for 'defense' since I've been born.......only offense....and it costs a whole lot of money, contributes to our debt......and our debt is out of this world.
    my stance would be to reduce every branch of the military but the coast guard and national guard(those I would build).....then it would be honest to call it the Department of Defense..........not offense.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017