Mclane buys MBM

Mclane buys MBM.... Another company gone but there gonna run them serperately

McLane Company to Acquire Meadowbrook Meat Company (MBM) - Yahoo! Finance

Good find Bro, I talked to a friend of mine I used to work at PFG with Thursday, he went to Mclane out of Springfield MO, he lives in NW Arkansas, he does the C-stores, he loves it! He said when you do the C-stores, thats alot different than doing the foodservice end.

Thanks for posting this information, hopefully Mclane and Medowbrook Meat will all be better off for the buy!!

I currently work for a LTL company and I'm interested in a new career as a foodservice driver. Is this a good company to work for? whats the average home time and pay? I know its hard work slinging boxes etc, i'm down with that, just sick of what I currently do!

I dont know much about MBM but I have heard they make good money. 60-70k and up. The longest routes I think they have are 3 day routes. Why you sick of LTL?

Well I work for a company that has the word "Integrity" in their mission statement, but when it comes to the employee and how we are paid and treated they don't have any of it what so ever....I'm bored with runnin linehaul everynight! I'd rather be driving and doing some physical work also rather than just drive...as long as the pay is worth it though

Food and LTL are 2 very different careers, alot of foodservice guys are like LTL guys, once they get into it they find they don't want to, or can't seem to leave it behind, Foodservice is a good place to be, all big companies are demanding, I hear Mclane is one of them, IDK about MBM, Sysco, where I work, can be pretty demanding, of the first two IDK about hometime but you will make good money, better than 65 grand first year, you will be gone, either hotel or sleeper, MBM around here runs sleepers, Mclane has some but have alot of day cabs too.

Sysco, US Foods, for instance are whats called broadline foodservice, typically you will do hospitals, nursing homes, resturants, but not alot of the big chains, most are home every night, or if your shuttle, every day, at sysco ok, we only have one laydown run and thats out of the Woodward OK shuttle yard.

If you have a good route at Sysco you can make 80 grand, we have a guy that makes 120 grand, he is the exception though, some of our guys will make only 60 grand, but they don't throw alot of cases, on shuttle, I'm by the hour, I average 1400 dollars gross per week but I work 55+ hrs to get that.

thanks for the info buddy, I'm just scared to make the change ya know...i have a stable job but i hate it...I'd rather be making more money and be a little happier...i like the idea of the harder you choose to work, the more you make...here its capped basically by management and their "number"

If you dont mind me asking who do you drive for? A linehaul gig is hard to get. I would like to get a linehaul gig someday but it wont be for a while. I turn 26 this month so I can still throw cases for awhile. I might be getting a 3 day route out to ND. Getting a brand new truck to do it to. If the company I work for goes to pulling doubles on night shuttles I'll go and do that but thats in the future.

Foodservice is a good gig most of the time but I have days where I hate it. Which food company you most interested in?

thanks for the info buddy, I'm just scared to make the change ya know...i have a stable job but i hate it...I'd rather be making more money and be a little happier...i like the idea of the harder you choose to work, the more you make...here its capped basically by management and their "number"

I did 7 yrs out of 20 in LTL, I hated it, came right back to food and I'm happy again, your relationship with your customers is a closer one than in LTL, as long as hard physical labor and long hrs don't bother you, getting into food could be very rewarding for you.

I can understand the fear of change, especially if you are up the board a ways, however, we only have this one life, and we gotta work, the way I figure it, a guy may as well be happy at the place he goes to more than his own home!

There are several of us food guys, and even one girl, on here, you can go to the general foodservice section and get more opinions, there is many years of experience between all of us, we are glad to help anyway we can!

I did 7 yrs out of 20 in LTL, I hated it, came right back to food and I'm happy again, your relationship with your customers is a closer one than in LTL, as long as hard physical labor and long hrs don't bother you, getting into food could be very rewarding for you.

I can understand the fear of change, especially if you are up the board a ways, however, we only have this one life, and we gotta work, the way I figure it, a guy may as well be happy at the place he goes to more than his own home!

There are several of us food guys, and even one girl, on here, you can go to the general foodservice section and get more opinions, there is many years of experience between all of us, we are glad to help anyway we can!

hey guys, well its time for me to find a new job, my company of 8 years just terminated me for no justifiable cause looks like the time is here. I've applied to McLane in Atlanta, and USfoods so far. Any other suggestions? I'll be over on the general discussion boards too. Thanks in advance for everything!!

hey guys, well its time for me to find a new job, my company of 8 years just terminated me for no justifiable cause looks like the time is here. I've applied to McLane in Atlanta, and USfoods so far. Any other suggestions? I'll be over on the general discussion boards too. Thanks in advance for everything!!

What'd you find? Check out Martin Brower. It's McDonald's. It's a lot better around here since the HOS rules changed. If you don't mind a seniority-based company, you'll like it, and youll make a boat load of money. My last two checks after taxes was 1299 and 1386, but I have three kids. Just saying.

Also, I was just curious if you made the switch from LTL to food.