McLane Foodservice Milwaukee

Frankie Donuts

TB Lurker
Credits
Good morning guys! I received a phone call from the he guy at McLane on Fri. Does anyone have any info on the Milwaukee center? I currently drive for a foodservice company out of the Chicago suburbs.

No idea on how other DCs work. Things are good here, but hard to find drivers. The vast majority of applicants don't have a clue what the job involves and don't want to work, don't meet the physical requirements, or don't pass a background check. Or they can't drive-I do a lot of road tests.

The $7500 sign on bonus is pretty impressive. I never saw a sign on bonus here until last year. There's good money to be made, but like all food service gigs, you do earn every penny.

I wish I came across this thread sooner. Did you end up going in for an interview?

I have interviewed at McLane in the Milwaukee area and had a job offer there but I ended up taking a linehaul job that's a closer to my house. The people/operation at McLane seemed solid though...

No, I haven't. I don't think I will go in. I feel the pay and schedule don't equal each other. In my opinion, anyone with food experience should start at 100 percent top pay!

I hear ya. From the what I've heard from a few of the drivers there, you can make a lot of money there (their DC's top drivers make over 100k).. but, for the first several years you'll be getting loads with lesser case counts so your earning potential starts out on the lower end of their salary range for years.