Holland | medical insurance?

USF Holland sucks compared to what it used to be! The sad thing is, next to UPS & ABF it's the best thing going! While we no longer have full pension payments, the best equipment, or full pay, the insurance is the only thing "they" left alone - it is good!

UPS brown has a $10 copay for office visits, no deductible(until 2018 which will be $200 for a family), they pay 80% till the $1000 out of pocket is met. First day of hospital visit or ER is covered 100%, prescriptions are $5, xrays etc are covered 100%. This is the new insurance for the new contract. The old one was even better. Not a penny is taken out of your check for insurance.
YRC/Holland does have great health insurance though. This was just in regards to your comment about it being the best in the industry. If you mean all of trucking, it's one of the best, but not the best.

Lets not forget %100 coverage on all dental except for major work covered at 80%....and NO annual maximum benefit! My dentist said that is the absolute best coverage she has ever seen.....she said she had never seen a no annual max dental plan. Also free short and long term disability that actually pays pretty good.....not bragging.....just letting you know there are much better options or "greener grass" out there. Don't use the "at least we still have good insurance" crutch to keep you there.....just sayin'

UPS brown has a $10 copay for office visits, no deductible(until 2018 which will be $200 for a family), they pay 80% till the $1000 out of pocket is met. First day of hospital visit or ER is covered 100%, prescriptions are $5, xrays etc are covered 100%. This is the new insurance for the new contract. The old one was even better. Not a penny is taken out of your check for insurance.
YRC/Holland does have great health insurance though. This was just in regards to your comment about it being the best in the industry. If you mean all of trucking, it's one of the best, but not the best.

What are the guys on the ups board talking about then.I just read a ups freight driver talking about paying 8,000 out of pocket for last year.He also says he pays extra each month to get a 1,500 per person deductible.Go to the ups thread {the joke that is our imaging}. I'm just going by what a Veteran ups freight man is saying.

What are the guys on the ups board talking about then.I just read a ups freight driver talking about paying 8,000 out of pocket for last year.He also says he pays extra each month to get a 1,500 per person deductible.Go to the ups thread {the joke that is our imaging}. I'm just going by what a Veteran ups freight man is saying.

Freight might have different coverage than parcel. I was talking about parcel.

USF Holland sucks compared to what it used to be! The sad thing is, next to UPS & ABF it's the best thing going! While we no longer have full pension payments, the best equipment, or full pay, the insurance is the only thing "they" left alone - it is good!
how true, this is the only reason why i'm still here ( for my wife ) is the insurance.

Lets not forget %100 coverage on all dental except for major work covered at 80%....and NO annual maximum benefit! My dentist said that is the absolute best coverage she has ever seen.....she said she had never seen a no annual max dental plan. Also free short and long term disability that actually pays pretty good.....not bragging.....just letting you know there are much better options or "greener grass" out there. Don't use the "at least we still have good insurance" crutch to keep you there.....just sayin'
Boy have I been getting screwed by my Dentist. My policy pays 1500 dollars on crowns. The root canal was over $2500.

Boy have I been getting screwed by my Dentist. My policy pays 1500 dollars on crowns. The root canal was over $2500.

I would say you did on the root canal, we have a dentist that specializes in root canals and that is his only business and he only charges $1000. I just had a gold crown done by my regular dentist and it was $995.

ABF a good job but,1 week vacation for 8 years is bs...especially in this industry.Starting pay for first three years suck at ups.

ABF a good job but,1 week vacation for 8 years is bs...especially in this industry.Starting pay for first three years suck at ups.

Starting pay at UPS package is pretty bad....you start at about 50% of scale. Its a tough couple of years but well worth it in the end.....you wouldn't believe what some of the drivers at scale are grossing every week.

Believe me... I'm not bashing Holland....I don't have to. Anyone with 15+ years there knows full well how far they have fallen......I'm just saying don't be afraid of change--there's alot better jobs out there now guys and girls. I waited 5-6 years for things to "turn around".....don't think thats gonna happen though. Good luck brothers and sisters.

Starting pay at UPS package is pretty bad....you start at about 50% of scale. Its a tough couple of years but well worth it in the end.....you wouldn't believe what some of the drivers at scale are grossing every week.

Believe me... I'm not bashing Holland....I don't have to. Anyone with 15+ years there knows full well how far they have fallen......I'm just saying don't be afraid of change--there's alot better jobs out there now guys and girls. I waited 5-6 years for things to "turn around".....don't think thats gonna happen though. Good luck brothers and sisters.

With the new contract package starts at 18.75 hr pulling singles 19.06 for doubles.
Dont know about the next raises except 3rd year is 25.00 hr and 4th is like 37.00 hr.

Talked to a package driver Thursday, he knocked down 99k last year.They don't hire full time off the street here or I would have been gone.Even if we were at top pay ups parcel
Is still a much better job.32/ hr is awesome.
What state are you in? Did you start full time?

With the new contract package starts at 18.75 hr pulling singles 19.06 for doubles.
Dont know about the next raises except 3rd year is 25.00 hr and 4th is like 37.00 hr.

I am referring to ups freight.Nothing compares to parcel.I heard a bunch in Ohio got full time feeder jobs,and got put right on their 30 days,that would be awesome but,it doesn't
happen that way in ATL.
Freight starts at 17.25 for a year, 18.25 2nd year, 19.55 3rd year,4th year shoots up to 24 something,after 4th year you go to scale.Their insurance isn't as good as parcels either.If I were younger I would go there for the pension.
A straight truck driver told me Thursday his scale was right at 32 at package.I would jump ship in a heartbeat if offered a full time job.

Freight starts at 17.25 for a year, 18.25 2nd year, 19.55 3rd year,4th year shoots up to 24 something,after 4th year you go to scale.
And by then, (four years from now) the top UPS Freight pay is at about $30.00 per hour. Someone else had posted something similar to these numbers and I told myself that that CAN'T be accurate, since the pay raise after the 4th year would have to be about $9.00 per hour to get them up to top rate. But since then, I've got that confirmed by two different people. The post WAS accurate. The first three year's pay at UPS Freight is weak, but if they keep you for the fourth year, it's a massive pay raise.(around $9.00 per hour)

The two that I talked to said that the b.s. at UPS Freight is just about intolerable, but that kind of money makes it worth putting up with their b.s.

And by then, (four years from now) the top UPS Freight pay is at about $30.00 per hour. Someone else had posted something similar to these numbers and I told myself that that CAN'T be accurate, since the pay raise after the 4th year would have to be about $9.00 per hour to get them up to top rate. But since then, I've got that confirmed by two different people. The post WAS accurate. The first three year's pay at UPS Freight is weak, but if they keep you for the fourth year, it's a massive pay raise.(around $9.00 per hour)

The two that I talked to said that the b.s. at UPS Freight is just about intolerable, but that kind of money makes it worth putting up with their b.s.

Actually,after 36 months year 4 goes to 24 something from right at 19.55.After 48 months it goes to scale.The best part Flash is after 5 years you are vested for a pension,105/year credit.... It's kinda tempting.

I am referring to ups freight.Nothing compares to parcel.I heard a bunch in Ohio got full time feeder jobs,and got put right on their 30 days,that would be awesome but,it doesn't
happen that way in ATL.
Freight starts at 17.25 for a year, 18.25 2nd year, 19.55 3rd year,4th year shoots up to 24 something,after 4th year you go to scale.Their insurance isn't as good as parcels either.If I were younger I would go there for the pension.
A straight truck driver told me Thursday his scale was right at 32 at package.I would jump ship in a heartbeat if offered a full time job.
Most guys from yrc and holland couldn't make it a day at ups freight, much less at parcel! I'm not trying to be an ass , just trying to keep it real.

Also, the reason it seems freight gets such a huge increase at the end of the progression is because in the new contract we don't get any cost of living raises at anytime during the progression. We get all yearly increases with the very last step of the progression, if that makes since. However, once you finish the progression you will then receive the yearly wage increase each year.

Most guys from yrc and holland couldn't make it a day at ups freight, much less at parcel! I'm not trying to be an ass , just trying to keep it real.

You are really full of yourself aren't you.You must have been one of the few elite members of the YRCW team that could hack it at ups.I still do pull ups,push-ups and run two miles in 17 minutes.I see guys at parcel that couldn't run a hundred yards.
Besides from the physical aspect,there is a ton more experience at YRCW and many of the best drivers in the industry.
If you are referring to the work rules anyone can adapt.Trust me,if you can do it they can do it.Im not trying to be an ass,just keeping it real.