ODFL | Meet and turn

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
Does O.D still run many meet and turns ? If you run one is the guy you meet friend or foe ? A friend will be on time,have his loads and his bills right.A foe is late,placards not turned,and when he's gone you'll find that flat tire he left you with.

last summer as a fill in i ran a meet n turn somewhere by winchester va. and every mrt driver that came was on time and paperwork seals equiptment placards ect. was ok.one of the more enjoyable linehauls i have done.

Does O.D still run many meet and turns ? If you run one is the guy you meet friend or foe ? A friend will be on time,have his loads and his bills right.A foe is late,placards not turned,and when he's gone you'll find that flat tire he left you with.

I have been on some that were good and some I had to wait.Seems though to me I know several guys that have them and they are always unhappy and babysitting the other guy.

If you're having a problem with the man you meet how do you solve it or do you just let it go ?

Ha Ha You are talking to the master. It depends on the late fellows reasoning. Of course you can check the manifest to see what time the trailers were finished. It may not be his fault. If not. It depends on his reasoning. Assess his reasoning can be easy to very difficult.
Sometimes you can pick it up the first time like if he just hates the company delaying the freight to retaliate he will get them he will make them pay the freight will not get there on time. Be very aggressive with this one he is not only screwing the company he is screwing you. Get in his face, complain up the ladder most likely he will not know how to take you and will bid off.

Sometimes your late relay driver has a secret. This can be anything from putting in a city run or two before leaving to having something to do on his trip out. He will use all kinds of excuses if you can figure out what it is you can figure out how to deal with the driver. Find out his home economical situation check with other drivers you know who run the same time / route When you find out the secret you may or may not want to approach him with your knowledge.
I could go on and on there is the ಠ▄ಠ, the paranoid skitzo. The safety expert, the blob (he just oozes along) and the guy that just can not get it right. Sometimes it is best to just act like you do not care. Make sure you appear to be sleeping when he arrives communicate to him that he is disturbing your nap and ask him to return at a later time.
Than their is the guy that gets in no hurry to get there but is in a hurry to leave the answer there is of course delay him. Move slow, park at odd places, wait inside the restaurant anything to delay him.
Have fun on your relay make the best of it try to get along with your relay driver but if all else fails figure him out use you head and put plans into effect.

my problem is not the man,getting out latehe does't bring freight and we meet at a terminal and they wont you to set 2hrs. waiting on the terminal to put something togther for you

my problem is not the man,getting out latehe does't bring freight and we meet at a terminal and they wont you to set 2hrs. waiting on the terminal to put something togther for you

as long as you get paid for waiting i sit there with a smile it all add up at the end of the day.road pay plus hourly pay looks good.

Faulty times

Hey Sparky,that looking at the manifest time of closer isn't always accurate.I have seen it first hand when I have been waiting at the dock with my jiff in front of the trailer,waiting for the dock to close it out and when they were finally done and I got hooked,went inside to get dispatched,the time on the mnfst was an hour off to their advantage.So if the load or loads weren't delivered on time to the meet man or terminal then the driver would look bad cause the time on the sheet says the trailer was closed at 23:00 but was actually 24:00.I have seen this practiced a bunch.

Hey Sparky,that looking at the manifest time of closer isn't always accurate.I have seen it first hand when I have been waiting at the dock with my jiff in front of the trailer,waiting for the dock to close it out and when they were finally done and I got hooked,went inside to get dispatched,the time on the mnfst was an hour off to their advantage.So if the load or loads weren't delivered on time to the meet man or terminal then the driver would look bad cause the time on the sheet says the trailer was closed at 23:00 but was actually 24:00.I have seen this practiced a bunch.
Yeah never believe everything you see. I had a relay driver that was late all the time he was doing a little city work before leaving and he just had them close one trailer just before leaving. The driver had big financial problems at home once I figured it out I just lived with it exercised and napped made it work. the guy still did a pretty good job. The best way to find out about your relay driver is from other drivers.
When I first started with OD relayed with NSH out of KCY I was always late because we had a OB sup that wanted to get every little bit of freight on made to effort to meet schedules. That was my defense as I would show the NSH drivers the closing time.

Several e-mails was sent to his terminal manager, he never answered any of them. So if the terminal manager don't care why should the employees.

Several e-mails was sent to his terminal manager, he never answered any of them. So if the terminal manager don't care why should the employees.

Send me a p/m and I'll give you a crash course in the "JIM BOB - How to send an e mail School ". Of course there will be a small fee,but results are guaranteed.

as long as you get paid for waiting i sit there with a smile it all add up at the end of the day.road pay plus hourly pay looks good.

the problem is od don't pay delay pay on meet and turns the driver waiting gets screwed because he is not geting paid unless the wheels are turning:chairshot: