SEFL | Meeting 11/17

Is everyone having the meeting on Monday, I was told this was systemwide. Wonder whats next.

we also have a meeting on monday, and if it is system wide, it sounds like a major deal. Somehow I don't think this meeting will be about us not getting raises, but much deeper than that............??????

we also have a meeting on monday, and if it is system wide, it sounds like a major deal. Somehow I don't think this meeting will be about us not getting raises, but much deeper than that............??????

Update: talked to a few SEFL leadership associates who all said that the meeting will be a where we are right now, where we want to be at and what we need to do to get to that area and what needs to be done. It has nothing to do with the projected 0.30$ cent raise, it has to do with the over all economic situation the industry is in. For me, if we did not get a raise its all good. So many other people do not even have a job right now! I come to work and feel privileged to be able to wake up each morning and have a job to go to.

SEFL is a strong and good company, I am sure you have nothing to worry over, enjoy your weekend and thank GOD you do not work for that BIG BROKE company.

SEFL is a strong and good company, I am sure you have nothing to worry over, enjoy your weekend and thank GOD you do not work for that BIG BROKE company.

Top Flight, your words of wisdom you posted to me on Sat were followed. i had a great weekend and felt secure in my position with southeastern. And as you stated I did not have anything to worry about concerning today's meeting.As i watched and listened to Tobin Castle explain and describe what WE AS A WHOLE are going through and what we all can do to alleviate some of the financial burden that we are all feeling I, wish I comprehended more acutely, the dire straights that SEFL, is traveling through at this point in time. Yea I heard all the same things from our local leadership months ago that Tobin out lined today that they were doing to make a best situation out of this mess, but did not process this as a system wide issue. Well It is not just company wide, it is industry wide. I see it in person:avert, fedex freight, over nite, Benton, old dimion Saia, all being downsized through attrition of ranks, to stay active. The Castles and leadership thru their actions over the last year have truly showed commitment to the hourly associate's position within the company. I look at a rotation day in a whole new light. And if you don't JUST TELL ANY OF THE 53,478 WORKERS OF CITI BANK THAT JUST GOT LAID OFF TODAY, THAT YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH ROTATION DAY'S 2, 3 TIMES A MONTH. ASK THEM IF YOU ARE BEING SCREWED OR SAVED........

you are right on the money bsmjuem.go to work don't complain,do your best and watch each others back out there no matter which company we work for. i trust the other drivers out there that i talk to than i do the office people.

yes trust your fellow drivers, watch there back, be safe on the roads, and dont say anything to anyone that works in the office, you can not trust them. i could care less about the raise, i'm just glad we all still have a job. i will pray for us all that doesnt change.

Top Flight, your words of wisdom you posted to me on Sat were followed. i had a great weekend and felt secure in my position with southeastern. And as you stated I did not have anything to worry about concerning today's meeting.As i watched and listened to Tobin Castle explain and describe what WE AS A WHOLE are going through and what we all can do to alleviate some of the financial burden that we are all feeling I, wish I comprehended more acutely, the dire straights that SEFL, is traveling through at this point in time. Yea I heard all the same things from our local leadership months ago that Tobin out lined today that they were doing to make a best situation out of this mess, but did not process this as a system wide issue. Well It is not just company wide, it is industry wide. I see it in person:avert, fedex freight, over nite, Benton, old dimion Saia, all being downsized through attrition of ranks, to stay active. The Castles and leadership thru their actions over the last year have truly showed commitment to the hourly associate's position within the company. I look at a rotation day in a whole new light. And if you don't JUST TELL ANY OF THE 53,478 WORKERS OF CITI BANK THAT JUST GOT LAID OFF TODAY, THAT YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH ROTATION DAY'S 2, 3 TIMES A MONTH. ASK THEM IF YOU ARE BEING SCREWED OR SAVED........

Point well taken.....:clap::clap:

you are right on the money bsmjuem.go to work don't complain,do your best and watch each others back out there no matter which company we work for. i trust the other drivers out there that i talk to than i do the office people.

Dmtorl, it's not about who you talk to. it's about what you say to the people that you talk to. Say the right thing even when no one is around to hear what you say, and you will never be forced to defend your statements.

This bsmjuem guy has alot of smarts in his head.

One thing you have to remember in Florida is that you deliver a heck of alot more than you pick up. It all comes in the state and almost nothing leaves. I hauled "AIR" from Tampa to Atlanta 9 out of 10 times back when I drove.

Hang in there folks, the best is yet to come

I think my meeting went very well. When you have other LTL Companies in our area Laying off, some for first time ever, I like what Tobin had to say. After the video Our TM said City Drivers are Averaging over 47 hours hours a week. All in all we could be in Layoff mode. I think we work for a strong Company and will weather this.
That's all I got To Say About That

I think my meeting went very well. When you have other LTL Companies in our area Laying off, some for first time ever, I like what Tobin had to say. After the video Our TM said City Drivers are Averaging over 47 hours hours a week. All in all we could be in Layoff mode. I think we work for a strong Company and will weather this.
That's all I got To Say About That

Not only did i respect what tobin had to say, I respect him for coming to us with all the intentions that SEFL is employing. Alot of other carriers do not communicate to the work force all the inner workings of what they are doing, until you come to work one day and read a letter posted on the entrance stating that you no longer have a job. SEFL gave me the respect to communicate to me what's going on and that goes far with me.

I'm happy to see all the cost cutting measures Tobin is making in our company. The biggest one that suprised me was the QWQ momentos cut, i mean $200,000+ for a bunch of cheap toys is crazy where most guys give them away anyways, the only thing worth keeping are the gloves. There was only one more cost cutting measure I would employ, and that is letting go all our part timers especially the dock associates!!!! Here at my service center, we have lots of drivers whom would like to work the dock in the evening for outbound but we are not allowed too, this is ridiculous especially most of time our closeout time is late!!!!or come in early and help inbound load city loads...
I'm not to surprised we didn't get the raise, and it is about time that it is across the board including all hourly and salary employees!!! I'm just glad we are still working and to all the guys out there struggling, maybe its time to get a part time job or use your off day to find a something better...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Edit/Delete Message