TForce | Meeting At Indy Hall

I was at a meeting last week and Mr. Gentry made some time to discuss the Union stuff.
Mostly let us know that although talks are ongoing, That ups parcell is starting talks early, so, they come first. They are trying to work them around each other. One of the sticking points is ups pension goes into central state, and it sounds like ups is tired of feeding a losing fund. So, take what you want from this. Union foes will see it one way, non-union foes will see it another. So the debate continues. The "be patient" crowd, well, be patient!
I think, UPS knows how to handle the union, so, Lets see what happens with ups parcel before the indy contract gets done.
Guys u r missing the point here UPS doesn't tell the Teamsters what to do anymore than
the Teamsters tell UPS how it's gonna be. They both agreed to open the contract or it would of NEVER happened. u think about it.
The last think UPS wants a bunch of scared customers. The teamsters know this and that don't want problems. I think in this day and age it's best for both partys to work together for all of us..:1036316054:

So after the contract is voted in by Indy,it will have already been approved by UPS.
After its excepted,then it will be presented to us by our Teamster locals,which will offer cards to be signed.
What about local suppliments we were told would be put into the contract language?

Back to the cards,by signing a card,that will be our vote for excepting the Indy contract,and Teamster representation.

Am I on the right track just-me?

Nice post, Same headline's different dates.

I'm with you apo. I will believe it when I see it. The only interest being served are those of the corporate top cheese, both ups and teamsters!
Will I said it befor ,They both want to brag about what they did for their employes,and their membership..RITE:1036316054: Just remember we have the last SAY with the all mighty,VOTE:1036316054:

when I see something postive happening at UPSF then I will start posting something positive but I would not hold my breath you will all be retired before anything good happens here if ever.
Okay does this mean u will tell US all ur sorry when the contract is done ,,:biglaugh:

Why would the union pic a local in the central states pension fund (ups sore spot) to draw the line in the sand ? Don't you think they would pick a fund that is funded and not so scary a scenario !!
Wait a minute ,,what r u talking about Local 135 has tons of pensions that are rite out of that local that aren't even in the central states,What did ur statement have to do with central states I don't see the connection:hysterical:

Why would the union pic a local in the central states pension fund (ups sore spot) to draw the line in the sand ? Don't you think they would pick a fund that is funded and not so scary a scenario !!
Picking a local that just happens to have NMFA in the central states is not the reason they pick the local they did it was because we had our shi* all ready to go. Get ur facts straight,,get ur ducks in a row before u start talking so u make more sense:biglaugh:

Webidiot, there is good and bad in every job, it seems to me just by reading your posts, and other have and will agree, if you lead your life with a mix of 90% negative response too all ,and 10% positive in response to all, then this is you!!!! Do not for 1 second think I and a few others on this board is going to prescribe too such negative mind controll, some of us believe there is more too life then dwindeling in a mix of 100% negativity. And is not insecure enough too swallow your approach too solve our working conditions.

Just like any other job, there are things not everybody will agree with. Here is my wisdom, if you chosse not too believe ,that is your choice.

Everything you have posted on this board from the time you have started until now is 100% negative, except for 1 post. I for one will not jump because you think this is a cure to the problems, the teamster's are not the cure, but a third party too create more. They will infact promote sometype of justice in a system that needs just that. But will not give us the saving grace.

Alot of other's in this site have nothing more then a positive nature in debate form, in promoting the teamster's and is a bit more acceptable then the aggressive cure all approach you take.

As far as I am concearned if this is the way you portray yourself, you deserve the grief you prescribe too.
Ya u said that:1036316054:

So after the contract is voted in by Indy,it will have already been approved by UPS.
After its excepted,then it will be presented to us by our Teamster locals,which will offer cards to be signed.
What about local suppliments we were told would be put into the contract language?

Back to the cards,by signing a card,that will be our vote for excepting the Indy contract,and Teamster representation.

Am I on the right track just-me?
The card check gives the teamsters the rite to be ur barging unut by law. when u sign ur card u probly can do the vote on the contract also I don't know how it's set up for the local Halls,and yes u will have local cartage supp's u will have to work out that fits ur barn ,because all barn have differant things they will need to fix to work for that barns working cond. Does this help?

I think its of no coincedence they picked central states !!! Something stinks if you ask me !!:hide:
Just Me pretty much answered you but Indy was picked due to the fact that the Indy guys were fed up with getting crapped on and had about 80-85% cards signed. They were the strongest pro-Teamster UPSF terminal and they were a great choice to receive the initial UPSF Contract.....they earned it.

In my mind it was kind of silly to allow only one terminal to sign on,then with draw the cards for the rest?

I sometimes wounder,WHAT ARE THEY THINKING????

How in the world do you organize an entire country wide company with just one terminal?

Its one of the wieder things I've seen since the Teamsters have been after Overnite.
This dating all the way back to 1987.
When they tryed to get one terminal at a time to sign cards.
But even then when some terminals signed on they were still offering cards to everyone?

Its a mighty strange way of organizing if you ask me?

Yes I'm an old gear jammer,thats thought he's saw it all,but this organizing is way beyond my comprehention?
I just don't get it????

Back in the O days, the union knew that as a whole, they could not win, but as a devide and conquer theory, they stood a better chance. I believe that at one time during the union strike against O, that the company made an offer to the union to do a company wide vote, winner take all thing, and the union declined. So, here we are again. Same story different day.

Hi, new to posting, been reading for several weeks now, really the way I see it only Hofa and Gordon Mckenzie actually know anything, until there is actually a contract on the table ready to be signed, I wont believe anything I hear, all I can say for sure is, anything is possible.

I can tell you now Gordon isn't going to sign nothing. He will have to be gone first.

Well sounds good,, but I don't see $ 27.00 hr They maybe will pay us 23.50 or 24.00 But we have to stay in line with the rest of the NMFA or we will be to high to ship with..:1036316054:

Just me,

As a union driver for Roadway, I can give you some insight as it was given to us at our last union meeting.

First off, the UPSF contract will not be part of the Master freight agreement as it stands now. It will be a stand alone deal for UPSF only. It will however mirror the NMFA in many aspects. One question we have asked regards to your contract date. It seems that with 2 different contract dates, if....and this is a BIG IF....the NMFA Teamsters were to go on strike when our contract expires, what would stop UPSF from continuing to work? Conversly, when your first contract expires and UPSF drivers decide to strike, what would stop NMFA drivers from continuing to work? I'm sure there will be some sort of sympathetic clause worked out to handle that possible scenario.

Secondly, I think you are right on the money as far as wages will be concerned (no pun intended). The main thing here is that it has to be attractive enough to be favorable for both the company and the workers. But also as important, it has to be favorable to the existing NMFA members as well. The reason for this is the simple fact that ABF and YRCW are waiting in the wings to see where the chips will fall. If your contract has anything that is substandard compared to ours, when our contract comes up, we will have less leverage for our negotiations. By this I mean ( to use the simplest comparison), hyperthetically, if your negotiations yield a 10 cent/hour increase over our wages, plus 25 cent increases annually, then ABF and YRCW will say..."We want the same thing". Now normally, we get 50 cent raises per year and I'm sure you can see that that kind of deal would be a step backward for the rest of us. Same thing would hold true for pension and welfare contributions. The reason negotiations are taking a long time is because the Teamsters have to look at the big picture for everyone. That means UPS Parcel, UPSF, YRCW, and ABF. It also has to be beneficial in order to make organizing other nonunion comanies more attractive to those drivers in the future as well.

Actually during the three year strike action by the Teamsters against Overnite.
Leo offered a company wide vote twice.
The first week after the Teamsters started picketing our national accounts customers.
And toward the end of the three years.

The first time Mr.Hoffa said no flat out.
The second time Mr.Hoffa wanted to have satellight feeds going to each terminal for up to 90 minute talks debating the company,against union organizing,or something along that line?
Leo said we are trying to run a trucking company,we don't have time for that idea.

Funny with all the unfair labor issues,and unlawful organizing thrown out by the company,and the union toward each other.
The strike action came to a skreeching hault,almost to the day,three years after it was called.
Mr.Hoffa through up his hands,saying he didn't want Overnite in the union.
The heck with you all we don't even want any of you,or something along those lines?

In my mind it was kind of silly to allow only one terminal to sign on,then with draw the cards for the rest?

I sometimes wounder,WHAT ARE THEY THINKING????

How in the world do you organize an entire country wide company with just one terminal?

Its one of the wieder things I've seen since the Teamsters have been after Overnite.
This dating all the way back to 1987.
When they tryed to get one terminal at a time to sign cards.
But even then when some terminals signed on they were still offering cards to everyone?

Its a mighty strange way of organizing if you ask me?

Yes I'm an old gear jammer,thats thought he's saw it all,but this organizing is way beyond my comprehention?
I just don't get it????

I think the union is to weak anyway to get anything done. Like I've said before they are in UPS's back pocket. With only to good size union companies left they don't have the power with all the big nonunion carriers just waiting.
Besides I will fight against being apart of the master freight. Part of UPS yes!!!