TForce | Meeting in Dallas with Local 745 this Sunday @ Embassy Suites

So what you've posted your saying the NMFA will be reduced to mirror the UPS Freight Indy contract?
Is this what you've said here?

Well if this is in fact the case,the Teamsters didn't do their old members any favor by not getting a better deal at Indy on their first go around.

I kind of saw this very issue coming down seeing the NMFA was coming due so near Indys contract completion.
The other remaining Teamster LTL's may feel they won't be able to compete with UPS's Freight division if they are rquierd to pay out more for their overhead in labor costs.

Well then that actually makes a lot of sence.
So the Indy contract is what you see,and all anybody should expect to get.
Take it,or leave it,like it or lump it.
Oh well then its better than nothing.

Yes apo, this is what he said ,and he is correct, BILL Z had mentioned Yellow will be cutting out redundancy through out the system, and have too find 100 million to keep thier head afloat, and he also said the union will have too supply yellow with concessions on the NMFA.

The wages benefits and vacation are way off. It isn't worth signing a card. And we waited for this.

I do not think the wages are way off, they are giving city drivers $26.40 or $26.80 after 6 years how is that junk.

10 cents over 6 years for road drivers.

The sick day's, the INS, are 2 I am not happy with but I still think we need a contract.

Good Luck in getting a union contract.Its hard work and a battle but,trust me its worth it.....Yellow freight driver who used to be non union....9years and going strong together....God Bless...Sincerely,Richard

Thanks. These things happen and no one ever hears another word. I hope that after everyone hears and has their questions answered that they will sign cards, so we can start taking the next step to negotiating. We just have to get the best deal possible. The days of the 60's contracts are over and like it or not we have to understand this, but representation is good. INDY left many flat because they had been hoping so much more, but they have taken the step and I think they did a well as possible. UPS was not going to sign something that would slow their business.

How Much Does Abf And Yrcw Employees Pay For Ins

ACCORDING TO WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD THE INDY CONTRACT SAYS WE PAY 150 MONTH FOR INS.DOES THIS INCLUDE VISION AND DENTAL OR JUST MEDICAL.ISN'T ABF AND YRCW'S INS FREE CAUSE IT IS INCLUDED IN THEIR DUES.IF THAT'S TRUE THEN WE GOT :nutkick:

ACCORDING TO WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD THE INDY CONTRACT SAYS WE PAY 150 MONTH FOR INS.DOES THIS INCLUDE VISION AND DENTAL OR JUST MEDICAL.ISN'T ABF AND YRCW'S INS FREE CAUSE IT IS INCLUDED IN THEIR DUES.IF THAT'S TRUE THEN WE GOT :nutkick:

With the rising health care costs it will be interesting to see what the NMFA has to offer regarding health care. I bet you see more out of pocket costs to the member.

With the rising health care costs it will be interesting to see what the NMFA has to offer regarding health care. I bet you see more out of pocket costs to the member.

Yes with rising health care costs, it will be a battle to get 100% paid I agree, but they can make consessions on other bennies we do not have that will not cost alot in overhead.

For Example.

5 paid sick\descretionary days as opposed to 3 sick, one descretional.

Doubletime on worked holiday's.

These two examples is not huge overhead for a company and they will maintain.

We've all just got to remember any bargaining is always a give,and take deal.
Indy it seems has been established as the foundation of the UPS Freight union contract.

the rest of the terminals will be going for local regions supplements to be added to,or built on the Indy contract.
Now to have any additions added be prepared to have something taking away from the already established Indy contract.
Or the only other option is to except the Indy contract as it presently stands,lock stock,and barrow.

Ups isn't going to throw anymore into other regions,more so then they've agreed on for Indy just because other areas may want a thick juicy steak,rather then excepting the burger Indy agreed to swallow.

The only way UPS is going to give some more is to take something away from the foundation thats been established.
Now this isn't just my opinion,this is the way these contracts are made.
20 years in the Teamsters I did pay attention to some things.

We've all just got to remember any bargaining is always a give,and take deal.
Indy it seems has been established as the foundation of the UPS Freight union contract.

the rest of the terminals will be going for local regions supplements to be added to,or built on the Indy contract.
Now to have any additions added be prepared to have something taking away from the already established Indy contract.
Or the only other option is to except the Indy contract as it presently stands,lock stock,and barrow.

Ups isn't going to throw anymore into other regions,more so then they've agreed on for Indy just because other areas may want a thick juicy steak,rather then excepting the burger Indy agreed to swallow.

The only way UPS is going to give some more is to take something away from the foundation thats been established.
Now this isn't just my opinion,this is the way these contracts are made.
20 years in the Teamsters I did pay attention to some things.

One thing I want to see that we shouldn't have to give up anything for is the contract carries hauling our freight on good long runs while we have short hops we starve on.

Here it is guys/gals...the meeting was packed and extra chairs had to be brought in to seat everyone! B. Taylor-Sec. Tresaure 745 did most of talking with a rep. from the International there taking Q /A about organizing. The IBT is ready to get this thing going across the country but 3 things must happen first before any cards can be signed! Those 3 items are as followed:

1-Big Browns national contract must be ratified by rank and file**votes will be counted on 11/16/07 from a mail in ballot. (this has a lot to do with UPS buying out their end of the the central states fund)

2-Indy contract is ratified but has not yet been officially signed because all insurance and retirment providers has their lawyers read all the fine print for what they will be responsible for to the rank and file and employer! We were told this is normal and should be done in a week or two.

3-The card check language that is built into the Indy contract is great and most all Local's will use this language. For those who do not understand what a card check is let me explain...NO vote is needed all a terminal has to have is 51% of employees to be recognized. The catch is UPS wants all cards verified by a third party arbitrator making sure all cards are legit. This is fine because for those people who do not want the company to know they signed a card this will protect that information. The cards will be counted and a witness from the Union and the Company will watch as they get checked off if you are a current employee. The arbitrator's job is to verifiy, count and tell the Union and the Company the results, plain and simple the Union told us they liked it that way because it keeps everyone squared away! :clap:

I need more room...We were also told a finalized clean copy of the Indy contract is still not available because it is waiting to be signed as I report earlier. The 401-k match that was reported we lost the IBT rep said that is not spelled out in the contract that way and that's why it has not be signed yet because all the providers of insurance and retirment funds has to sign what they will and can provide. So the answer to that was it could still be a match but you have to see the final copy of the contrat and the fine print. This contract only covers local p/d, jockeys, dock workers and road drivers. We were told the Indy contract is a base for your region, if you just love the Indy contract and get your 51% or better you can lock unto it and make no changes and roll from there. But it is written in the contract that you can use the Indy contract as a base which alot of the articles from 1-38 were cut straight from the NMFA and then negotiate with the company for local supplements to make the contract better for you! This includes adding the shop and office employees (which I encourage we go after them) Our local likes that and so do we, we use the card check and use the base Indy contract and then try to add local supplements to make it better. He also said that local supplement bargaining goes both way...the company might come to us and want to take something they do not like out of the contract and then we can decide to swap something or tell them no way! The meeting was very positive and Skeeter it even gave me more hope that this contract is getting better by the minute. For the very 1st contract in UPGF's history we were told it is very good and a great starting point! Local 745 is ready to get their region signed up but must wait for the above 3 items to get done. They are going after Texas with the other Local Union Halls as soon as the above items have cleared and they know they have 51% or more at a terminal.

I need more room...We were also told a finalized clean copy of the Indy contract is still not available because it is waiting to be signed as I report earlier. The 401-k match that was reported we lost the IBT rep said that is not spelled out in the contract that way and that's why it has not be signed yet because all the providers of insurance and retirment funds has to sign what they will and can provide. So the answer to that was it could still be a match but you have to see the final copy of the contrat and the fine print. This contract only covers local p/d, jockeys, dock workers and road drivers. We were told the Indy contract is a base for your region, if you just love the Indy contract and get your 51% or better you can lock unto it and make no changes and roll from there. But it is written in the contract that you can use the Indy contract as a base which alot of the articles from 1-38 were cut straight from the NMFA and then negotiate with the company for local supplements to make the contract better for you! This includes adding the shop and office employees (which I encourage we go after them) Our local likes that and so do we, we use the card check and use the base Indy contract and then try to add local supplements to make it better. He also said that local supplement bargaining goes both way...the company might come to us and want to take something they do not like out of the contract and then we can decide to swap something or tell them no way! The meeting was very positive and Skeeter it even gave me more hope that this contract is getting better by the minute. For the very 1st contract in UPGF's history we were told it is very good and a great starting point! Local 745 is ready to get their region signed up but must wait for the above 3 items to get done. They are going after Texas with the other Local Union Halls as soon as the above items have cleared and they know they have 51% or more at a terminal.

Time will tell. Thanks!
I'll try not to be negative till after our meeting.:1036316054:

Empty, this is exactly what was said up in this neck of the woods!!! :1036316054: We are on our way Brothers and Sisters!!! :funky:

As a Teamster member already for 9years,I believe we have some purty good benefits.In all things nothings perfect but it works for me and my family.I dont know what kind of deals they made for your cohorts in Indy but I will gather to say they arent bad.My dues are 2 hours of my wages a month.Roughly 45dollars.I have dental,health and wellness program that one should take advantage of if you are close to 50.A whole body physical with mri .external as well as internal....good luck and God Bless.Love to see yall vote union.There is strength in numbers

I forgot to tell ya about 20dollar office visit for the doctor.Plus my fee for telling you this...just kidding.Eye exams free free eyeglasses once a year.There are a whole lot of info in Teamster.com website.You can call them and they will gladly tell ya more