Estes | Meeting on Monday morning?

well it does seem minimal. it really sucks for all involved but with the rate war going on something had to give. as a company they did hold out to the last minute. they tried . God bless

hey beerboy,with all the suits out in kc these past days,how did your terminal survive ?
did they cut runs,lay off drivers ? sounds like they where working on that by-pass stuff and kc and dallas had a lot to gain or loose

ya it seems all is quite ?? just guys here and there. we really don't have excess employees layin around. pretty nip and tuck. max, bill, scott and joe do a good job. I can't say anything bad at all about kc. hope the higher ups see the same. maybe it is a new version of tetris for the computer everyone needed "trained" on. or a special at Authur Bryants BBQ

Well I think everyone by this time knows the same, but for those that had no meeting, here's how it shakes out.
For year 2010 no personal days paid, u can still take them tho
No matching 401 k as of nov. something this year
No fri thansgiving and christmas holiday pay
health ins.will go up a few bucks a week,cuz they expect a increase of 9 million in dues which estes will absorb much of it.
rob says that freight is down 5 percent since jan. while industry standard is 15 percent
Rob bought 40 YRC terminals, of which 26 were leased back to them,gaining us income to weather the storm.
while this info is no consolation to those that got laid off,[good luck guys, my hearts with u and will say a prayer that things work for u ] but overall think this is minamal damage
I'f I'm not mistaken,I believe the pay raise went out the window too and BB nothing was said about the Christmas gift we choose every year, so you can re-gift again:biglaugh:Personaly I 'm hoping this meeting wasn't foreplay for more cuts in the works!:ranting2:

Christmas gift program has been suspended. Don't know whether he was talking about this and next or just next year..Did anyone hear him say we were not getting our safety bonus?

Fed ex and gang must enjoy watching Cindy Lou Hoo and many just like her go to an empty Christmas tree this year with these chicken ::shit:: hauling freight for nothing games they want to play. It is just hurting the working man. It's a shame companies like yrc has to stoop to their leveto remain competitive. If fdx falls on their face when this is over they did it to theirselves

.....your right.... I should've took this to the "how to screw the working man forum." or "throat slasher 101."

Safety bonus are still in for this year bout nobody said anything about next!

After taxes, the safety bonus is hardly worth the wait. As a city driver, I;d rather hit people who deserve it in the course of a year.:clap:

Yes this year Christmas gifts suspended. You guys have the memory of a mouse

They said that we are running 10 to 15 percent slower then last year! So does that mean that were over staff in management 10 to 45 percent? Has anybody heard about any mangers getting there walking papers?