ABF | meeting with attorney.

iam4us

TB Regular
Credits
I along with a fellow worker here at ABF met with a local labor attorney and discussed ABF and the recent contract and the representation and presentation of facts to members. More importantly the facts that have followed that we are seeing with the overuse of purchased transportation, the misuse and misrepresentation of the purchased transportation as we were told it would be used. The facts regarding the presentation of ABF's losses and it actually profiting at the time of the contract. The fact ABF has asked for modification to new hire vacation policy since ratification (but turned down by IBT)! Most importantly the scam of misinforming members/ misleading members,, (conflict of interest) with IBT on the so called purchasing of ABF by YRCW..

Extremely good case of misrepresentation!! Suggests that charges be filed with NLRB.. Very familiar with it all

Thanks for the info, please keep us updated and good luck.

And all the city drivers and the so called ue drivers who hv taken so much work away from road drivers and act like it's no big deal I got news for u your next vote yes yes yes ur time is comming we used to be one but not any more

No work was taken. They were given every opportunity to transfer in. Ue runs are increasing and no road drivers are laid off

Road drivers were given first opportunity for the UE work. Most passed on it if not all because it would have been a pay cut. It then went to city workers.

As a follow up to the original post, we now have negotiators who arranged to have family members gain employment with ABF. We have favors from IBT to local BA's and officers for pushing the contract and including voting Yes at Two man meetings. Also the evidence of conversations and plans to avoid the correct strike vote at correct time.

Rollin62 this topic should be off limits to you, you didn't vote and don't like the union or other teamsters. Being new here, will most likely be the first laid off and want to jump on board as to why a victim.. Just wait it will happen. This happy ABF crashes and burns sooner than later and we all have no protections thanks to this contract.. I know you don't see a big picture, you see a truck, some boxes and a set of keys. Organized labor being shut down isn't a game but you chose to enter this world and it will effect you. I suggest you start caring.

Rollin62 would be best served by lurking, reading, asking questions without the snide know it all comments and learning. He might want to analyze his numbers vs those who see things differently then look at the years of experience we have vs what he has, that alone should tell him something. Otherwise a good option would be for him to go be a mosquito at the Conway forum, where he is much more in his own element.

Rollin62 would be best served by lurking, reading, asking questions without the snide know it all comments and learning. He might want to analyze his numbers vs those who see things differently then look at the years of experience we have vs what he has, that alone should tell him something. Otherwise a good option would be for him to go be a mosquito at the Conway forum, where he is much more in his own element.
I gave you a triple like but it dident show up....lol

You certainly didn't show this attitude toward the YRCW boards; you and ABF guys were all over there, and ignoring input from guys with 40 years in the biz. Just sayin... :LMAO:

You certainly didn't show this attitude toward the YRCW boards; you and ABF guys were all over there, and ignoring input from guys with 40 years in the biz. Just sayin... :LMAO:
As they were over here during out contract talks..... Just sayin.....

As they were over here during out contract talks..... Just sayin.....

I'll not mean to disrupt your forum or your thread. Just commenting on the hilarious hypocrisy of ABFer's post. I understood why you and Papa came to YRC forum- you used to work there. Just hilarious that others from here lecture those not from here to not comment, while they were blowing gaskets on YRC. And telling Me to go to My forum; ironic, since I was with one division or another of Yellow since the 80s, and Yellow itself since 99 until they laid me off.... :LMAO:

I'll back out now, and leave you alone...

I'll not mean to disrupt your forum or your thread. Just commenting on the hilarious hypocrisy of ABFer's post. I understood why you and Papa came to YRC forum- you used to work there. Just hilarious that others from here lecture those not from here to not comment, while they were blowing gaskets on YRC. And telling Me to go to My forum; ironic, since I was with one division or another of Yellow since the 80s, and Yellow itself since 99 until they laid me off.... :LMAO:

Post away, Rollin claims he works for us that's why I said that ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lecturing rollin62. He posts like he knows all about ABF and organized labor all-be-it a Conway man just beginning at ABF and not eligible to vote on our contract. . Its a bit different than lecturing anyone on their current issues.Peoples opinions on YRC are heavy, many feel its ther beginning of downslide in LTL, concessions, givebacks, etc,, Setting a new standard and that attrition needs to take place, God Bless Yrc people for fighting and helping in their minds. As we see at ABF we have been lied to and manipulated on the heels of all this givebacks etc, from day one. ABF cried foul and wanted to kick sand from the sand box and pouted, over the years, IBT softened and invited ABF back to the sandbox.. I don't blame YRC Teamsters, I blame IBT and Hoffa administration. They should have let YRC go under, ABF would have grown and employed their people. We are doing it now!! Hiring their worthy people. Their will be no retirement left when the government gets done with it here pretty soon.

Dear jimmy g,
Rollin62 says that he is a former Conway driver recently hired by ABF and acts like he knows all about the company and the industry. His whole MO indicates that he is as green as can be. His spankings from almost everyone on this forum have not sunk in yet and he continues to get them. As a youngster in the business he would be better off if he listened to what we say, asked questions and dropped his holier than thou attitude.
FYI I don't think anyone here would care who posted here or what their thoughts and opinions are if they just act civilly.

I just took my chill pill so here it goes. Why in the hell are we griping and moaning about a vote that is over? In 4 years you'll get to vote again on new proposal. Seems like a lot of wasted energy going into beating a dead horse. It's over, move on. If they close the doors, who cares. We will drive somewhere else.

They won't be closing the doors but sit back and watch as what used to be a good job erodes before your very eyes. So many things permitted that so many didn't see or didn't want to see or thought ABF would love them and cherish them and harbor them 'til retirement they did part.