ABF | meeting with attorney.

ABFer,, What we have found, and I am a 12 year Teamster and I have another 18 year Teamster doing this with me, We have to follow a protocol within the union, we do fully expect it to be a kangaroo court issue, just like our contract!! LOL.. But We were unaware that if you don't follow a protocol within the guidelines of the IBT you can be brought up on charges and stripped of membership,(kicked out).. So we do have to be cautious. Our charges will be brought on numerous fronts, first and foremost against every member of the negotiating committee and James Hoffa, It will be brought against at the very least the 2 man committee from our local and possibly all that agreed to it at 2 man meetings. I am not sure on that but we do have evidence of what our B.A.'s activity and "orders" were! They do however have closer ties to Tyson Johnson and Gordon Sweeton and Greg Alden. Bear in mind we do have a couple of good men that voted No at 2 man meetings.

FYI: We also know that locals and negotiators were told to spread the word that negotiaions were not going well, one side walked out on the other, one side told the other to stick it in their rear, etc.. This is 100% false and quite the opposite. They were buddy buddy the entire time, laughing, joking, dinners, meals together, just spread out to drag out negotiations, even press releases were put out to make us think no progress was being made.. This is false and is evidence..

See when ABF decides to manipulate early on it rubs people the wrong way that may have been deeply involved... I can promise you, Purchased transportation is not being reported properly and that the number is likely 20%! Something as simple as making PT drivers sign in and out couldn't be put in a contract? Hmm funny, its in there that our own drivers have to!!!! All this to track our runs!!! Tyson Johnson is the worst National Freight Director imaginable, these old timers are not smarter than what ABF can pay for to out smart them!!! The Teamsters are ruined and need desperately new young leadership with fight in them.. Hoffa is a thief.... More men need to stand up.. We are being stolen from by our Union..

ABFer,, What we have found, and I am a 12 year Teamster and I have another 18 year Teamster doing this with me, We have to follow a protocol within the union, we do fully expect it to be a kangaroo court issue, just like our contract!! LOL.. But We were unaware that if you don't follow a protocol within the guidelines of the IBT you can be brought up on charges and stripped of membership,(kicked out).. So we do have to be cautious. Our charges will be brought on numerous fronts, first and foremost against every member of the negotiating committee and James Hoffa, It will be brought against at the very least the 2 man committee from our local and possibly all that agreed to it at 2 man meetings. I am not sure on that but we do have evidence of what our B.A.'s activity and "orders" were! They do however have closer ties to Tyson Johnson and Gordon Sweeton and Greg Alden. Bear in mind we do have a couple of good men that voted No at 2 man meetings.

FYI: We also know that locals and negotiators were told to spread the word that negotiaions were not going well, one side walked out on the other, one side told the other to stick it in their rear, etc.. This is 100% false and quite the opposite. They were buddy buddy the entire time, laughing, joking, dinners, meals together, just spread out to drag out negotiations, even press releases were put out to make us think no progress was being made.. This is false and is evidence..

See when ABF decides to manipulate early on it rubs people the wrong way that may have been deeply involved... I can promise you, Purchased transportation is not being reported properly and that the number is likely 20%! Something as simple as making PT drivers sign in and out couldn't be put in a contract? Hmm funny, its in there that our own drivers have to!!!! All this to track our runs!!! Tyson Johnson is the worst National Freight Director imaginable, these old timers are not smarter than what ABF can pay for to out smart them!!! The Teamsters are ruined and need desperately new young leadership with fight in them.. Hoffa is a thief.... More men need to stand up.. We are being stolen from by our Union..
Again- none of my Biz, and Good Luck - But you might want to keep this type info in private messages. Putting it out on the open forum where it can be read not only gives a heads up, but shows you in writing making slander against the leadership. Not wise, my friend.... your taking on deep pocketed DC attorneys. Don't give em ammo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again- none of my Biz, and Good Luck - But you might want to keep this type info in private messages. Putting it out on the open forum where it can be read not only gives a heads up, but shows you in writing making slander against the leadership. Not wise, my friend.... your taking on deep pocketed DC attorneys. Don't give em ammo.

No I think he is doing the right thing .I applaud any working man that is in a union to hold his or her union representative (s) accountable for their actions or inactions.We pay these people good money to represent us.We don't expect anything less and to always keep our members number 1.I think these brothers that are filing with their lawyers are courageous.I myself try to hold the Teamsters in high regards.As with ABF and as well as YRCW I believe all members of both companies have been wronged to some degree.We are all on our knees and that shouldn't be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

No I think he is doing the right thing .I applaud any working man that is in a union to hold his or her union representative (s) accountable for their actions or inactions.We pay these people good money to represent us.We don't expect anything less and to always keep our members number 1.I think these brothers that are filing with their lawyers are courageous.I myself try to hold the Teamsters in high regards.As with ABF and as well as YRCW I believe all members of both companies have been wronged to some degree.We are all on our knees and that shouldn't be.

put it in advance warning on a public forum can come back to bite you. That's all I said...

put it in advance warning on a public forum can come back to bite you. That's all I said...

I understand.I like many other members really don't know where the truth ends and the lies begin.We take it on the chin and always keep that played out saying "thank God you got a job" motto....rah rah

I understand.I like many other members really don't know where the truth ends and the lies begin.We take it on the chin and always keep that played out saying "thank God you got a job" motto....rah rah

I'm not a lawyer. We all banter and jab. But you guys are talking legal action against DC attorneys. Filed in DC. If there's a trial- in DC. A simple 'update' like I responded to can be subpeanoed. And used by those attornies to sue the said poster as slander. Just posting a simple update instead of sending a private message could lose said member his union card, or even his house as the result of a lawsuit. All I said was be smart about it. Use private messenger or text or a phone call or a letter.... we banter- they don't play. They'll come after every fiber you'll ever own. If you set out to kill the King- you'd better Kill the King!

I think it needs to be done and I applaud those who are taking action. But take the advice of your attorney and be careful. Being thrown out of the union is really no big deal the other scourns are more to be concerned about. Technically they cannot retaliate against you for taking action against them, DOL says so. And those *******s do know how to drag their feet.

I appreciate all of the concerns. We are fine on the forum, as elected officials IBT officials are subject to scrutiny in public just like Obama, Biden, Clinton, Romney, etc. We are protected with the Constitution and freedom of speech with the exception of making threats of violence, etc.. I am only saying what I "believe to be true" and "have heard" and have never slandered anyone through my posts.. This suit will not be brought in Washington D.C. when it reaches that point, non of the negotiations nor the signing of the agreement was done there, Washington D.C. has zero to do with this case, The only relevance is that it is the headquarters of the IBT.. I do not live there and it is not a requirement that it be filed there. One main reason for having this out there on a public forum besides information to you all, To Gain Information in the form of Private Messages, etc... And we have gotten them!!!

Also nothing said in this thread is near as bad or as concerning as has been reported on the TDU site. Also I have read far more slanderous accusations and demeaning things on the oldschool teamsters website about people.

You are correct, Brother iam4us,....in that you can have a derogatory opinion of an elected official,......an insulting opinion,...because "insults" are qualitive,...if you wish. You can parody someone,...if it's obviously a parody......no matter how insulting the parody is. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing! Membership in a Union is "Freedom of speech". It's also "Freedom of association". Shame they don't teach any of this, anymore. IN MY OPINION,....our elected "leaders" defense will boil down to......"incompetency". "They didn't realize the ramifications of negotiating such a rotten contract." "They were badly outwitted by the companies' negotiating team." Incompetency isn't illegal,....even if the results are morally criminal. "Incompetency" covers a wide range of missteps and gaffes. What you have to do is find the "smoking gun" proving that the missteps, gaffes, and incompetency were deliberate and calculated to cover the tracks of the so-called "incompetent". If you can find people willing to testify they were instructed by the "leadership" to deliberately mislead the rank-and-file, and mis-inform them,.....you have your "smoking gun", as it were. AND......if it's true,........Impeachment and lawsuits should be the order of the day. The only "stock in trade" a Union has,...is morals. We negotiate contracts based on the moral high ground that the workers are making the profit for the owners, and should share equally in the wealth. (....in spite of what the owners think....). If a Union official violates the moral high ground by collaborating with a company owner to deceive their employees,......that Union official has violated every basic Union principle there is,.....and should be drummed out of the Union, and barred from ever holding Union membership again. We expect immoral, devious, and deceptive tactics from the business owners,.....that's why Unions were created, in the first place. When our elected officials adopt the same tactics,.....for whatever reason, including their own profit,.....they have sold their soul to Mammon, and have no business in a moral organization. Every Union meeting in America starts with the Pledge of Allegience. There are no corporate boardroom meetings that starts with the Pledge of Allegience, because company attorneys have advised business leaders against even making a verbal pledge to the ideals of this country. It would be a "deceptive tactic" to say: " Gee,....I was outclassed and outwitted by those darned slick company lawyers! They are SOOO much smarter than our negotiating team.........We lost every point we tried to make!" Hopefully,......we didn't elect so-called "leaders" like that.......

Keep us informed. It is my belief, that the IBT negotiated what was best for the IBT as a whole, and not us. The lawsuit was dropped, and that was going to be a headache for all parties involved. IBT got some raises for H&W, and lets not forget the most important part, they made it to the convention on time. They have their priorities, and we were not one of them.