Holland | Memorandum of Understanding

the5tolls

Wait till 2024....we'll show em!
Credits
Can anyone explain what section one subsection A means to us drivers if anything? I have talked to ten people about it and gotten ten different answers. Thank You! If you need to read it you can find it on YRC or New Penn site, I am not smart enough with these computer boxes to post a copy myself.

Can anyone explain what section one subsection A means to us drivers if anything? I have talked to ten people about it and gotten ten different answers. Thank You! If you need to read it you can find it on YRC or New Penn site, I am not smart enough with these computer boxes to post a copy myself.
Employee Participation. During the period in which this Revised Plan is
effective (as set forth in Section 5), each IBT bargaining unit, full-time employee of the
Employer shall participate in the Revised Plan. For purposes of the Plan, unless expressly
stated to the contrary, the term “employee” means an IBT bargaining unit employee who
is on the seniority list and is scheduled to perform work for the Employer when called,
including a probationary employee, a regular employee on lay off status and casuals, and
including employees who work on a percentage basis less than 40 hours per week.

Is this it?

Employee Participation. During the period in which this Revised Plan is
effective (as set forth in Section 5), each IBT bargaining unit, full-time employee of the
Employer shall participate in the Revised Plan. For purposes of the Plan, unless expressly
stated to the contrary, the term “employee” means an IBT bargaining unit employee who
is on the seniority list and is scheduled to perform work for the Employer when called,
including a probationary employee, a regular employee on lay off status and casuals, and
including employees who work on a percentage basis less than 40 hours per week.

Is this it?
NO..... http://www.tdu.org/ibt_agrees_to_divisive_yrc_pay_deal it can be found by clicking link in this article I believe.

I think your question might not be getting an answer because it's a little confusing. There was the MOU in 2010 then there was an extension to the MOU in 2014 where there were some modifications made . I have posted links to both below if you can find which has what your asking about maybe someone can help answer the question. Hope this helps.

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...ssions_Restructuring_Agreement.pdf?1440102210

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...structuring_Extension_MOU_2014.pdf?1440102213

NO..... http://www.tdu.org/ibt_agrees_to_divisive_yrc_pay_deal it can be found by clicking link in this article I believe.
Can one of you guys help me out, click on the link above and under Ernie's picture there is a link for the Memorandum of Understanding highlighted in blue. If you click on that a picture of the actual memorandum comes up. Could one of you guys do that and post the picture, I know how to do it on a real computer but I am using a small chromebook now and I can not get it to post the picture. Thanks! If the picture pops up I think you will understand what I am talking about it is in connection with that bumping the part time non cdl dock guys to sixteen bucks an hour.

OhsLC34.jpg

abCQvIn.jpg

The way I read and understand that clause is that if you are at any of the mentioned locations and are full time CDL qualified or a mechanic and are in wage progression you will be immediately brought up to full rate and any new hire CDL and mechanic will start at full rate.

The way I read and understand that clause is that if you are at any of the mentioned locations and are full time CDL qualified or a mechanic and are in wage progression you will be immediately brought up to full rate and any new hire CDL and mechanic will start at full rate.

But if your an existing non CDL your exempt from 15% giveback?? New hires have to give back..

I guess the economy has finally bounced back to the point where they are going to have to give some raises to the drivers by 2019. What new hire would want to start out maxxed out with no future raises at the lowest industry rate anyhow??

He was referring to and asking about sub clause A. Sub clause B refers to Non CDL employees
That is correct, Thank You GeorgiaHomeBoy for posting that picture, if one of my children had stopped by to visit I could have gotten it done!
Clause A is what I am referring to, and I agree that they make this stuff as complicated as possible so some Dumb Truck Driver can't figure out what the heck they are referring to! I just don't understand how in a Union you could have different guys at different locations making different amounts without making the contract null and void and opening the whole thing up to be renegotiated? Is that what they are trying to do? I have heard so many different versions of what is going on here from multiple stewards and people that I would think are a lot smarter than me that I am totally confused as to what this all means.....but I am guessing it will not work out to the drivers favor in the long run?

This doesn't mean anything for a guy at top scale currently. This just puts all CDL drivers to top scale that aren't already at top so they can attract new drivers at the higher starting wage.

This doesn't mean anything for a guy at top scale currently. This just puts all CDL drivers to top scale that aren't already at top so they can attract new drivers at the higher starting wage.
If I understand it correctly this only applies at specific terminals and not at others? This does not feel right to me! I would think there would be some sort of actions the drivers that are at a lower scale could take at the other terminals?

I don't think so. Could maybe try to vote the perpetrators out of office...oops, tried and failed at that one.
I know one fella that has filed a grievance already....I don't know if it will go anywhere? When do we get to vote again? Can we tell Canada to get bent next time and stay out of our election? Just kidding......not really!