ODFL | Merge,sell,or keep on trucking ?

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
What's your opinion ? O.D. is always expanding.Will they merge,sell,or keep on trucking ? Is there a big step coming ?

Jim Bob,

I am new to OD and to trucking as well. But for what it's worth here is my opinion....

From the little bit I see there is no plans to sell out but with UPS and Fed Ex being the biggest kids on the block OD will need to merge or buy into another company to keep up. Maybe a strategic partnership with DHL?

The reason UPS didn't buy us is that Earl wanted to to keep the termanals and lease them to them.As unorganized as DHL is I sure hope they don't buy us.Just ride the boat till she sinks!

The reason UPS didn't buy us is that Earl wanted to to keep the termanals and lease them to them.As unorganized as DHL is I sure hope they don't buy us.Just ride the boat till she sinks!
I'm with you Moose. DHL is a nickle and dime company so far. Jeez probably glad UPS did not buy OD them old Big O guys do not seem very happy to me.

I'm with you Moose. DHL is a nickle and dime company so far. Jeez probably glad UPS did not buy OD them old Big O guys do not seem very happy to me.
:smilie_132:

Don’t know about that my brother works there and is very happy there. He worked at CF prior, so yes he has LTL experience.

Company will be re-named Old Mexican and repowered with a Mexican driving force within 6 months. 4 years down the road DHL will buy Old Mexican, R&L, Estes and Saia to become the greatest super power in LTL.

Look at there threads,most of them look a little unhappy to me.

I do read most all of the threads, for all the companies. Just about all of them are complaining so what is your point? All that I was saying is that he likes and enjoys working there, there will always be a disgruntle worker somewhere, we have a couple at our barn. That doesn’t make it a bad place to work. I like where I work, it isn’t as friendly as the last job, but I do not dread going to work. Must be the winter blues, it will get better when the weather warms up and the short skirts start appearing.
Have a good weekend, Stimpy :smilie_132:

Good advice. I just hope this boat dont sink till I can get past one year experience. It will make it easier to get a better driving job somewhere else if the boat goes down.

I do read most all of the threads, for all the companies. Just about all of them are complaining so what is your point? All that I was saying is that he likes and enjoys working there, there will always be a disgruntle worker somewhere, we have a couple at our barn. That doesn’t make it a bad place to work. I like where I work, it isn’t as friendly as the last job, but I do not dread going to work. Must be the winter blues, it will get better when the weather warms up and the short skirts start appearing.
Have a good weekend, Stimpy :smilie_132:
Don't get worked up man.We are all in this together.I consider you guys as coworkers no matter who you work for.:chat:

i've been with the company for six years and my dad has been with them 15 years. They have baught three companies since ive been here and earl ain't going to sell any time soon he will keep buying and we will keep growing! The companies were carter&sons , wskt,and uw

i've been with the company for six years and my dad has been with them 15 years. They have baught three companies since ive been here and earl ain't going to sell any time soon he will keep buying and we will keep growing! The companies were carter&sons , wskt,and uw

Earle has an expiration date and the rest love money.