Central Transport | merger

gearraker

TB Regular
Credits
has anyone heard how the merger is going,my terminal manger seems to think its not going well.was just curious if any of you vitran guys have heard anything.

has anyone heard how the merger is going,my terminal manger seems to think its not going well.was just curious if any of you vitran guys have heard anything.

What "merger"? Vitran bought PJAX and now PJAX is Vitran, correct? I have heard that PJAX equipment would keep it's name because some customers don't like Vitran, I don't know that for sure though.

why do people think vitran is so bad? i used to work for them in milwaukee,now employed by fed ex freight, but anyways just because the door says pjax does'nt make the company pjax, there paying vitran to haul there freight i'm sure the bill of lading is going to say vitran does that mean they wont sign it?

i work for pjax,i dont know why vitran gets a bad rap.we have large accounts tell us if they see one vitran trailer in there dock there dropping us.thats whats scares me.what is the deal are they hard to do business with?

i dont know what the deal is gearraker. i know when i was there they lost a few accounts due to damage,but what company hasn't. i think there prices are with in reason, i guess the accounts they lost were popular and word just got around that they were not a good carrier.

Hey Guys
First of all Merry Christmas to you and yours.
The word I'm gettin around Lexington is that begininning the "first of the year" We ( Vitran)
will be hauling the freight in this area that P-Jax has been hauling, and that P-Jax will be closing their Lou. terminal and moving to the Jeffersonvillle In facility. Again this is just what I'm hearing and is pure rumor at this point
Take Care
Ron

ron,merry christmas to u guys over there at vitran.how big is your terminal in lou.?how far is jeffersonville in from lou.

i dont know what the deal is gearraker. i know when i was there they lost a few accounts due to damage,but what company hasn't. i think there prices are with in reason, i guess the accounts they lost were popular and word just got around that they were not a good carrier.
WRIGLEY; a few accounts??? when I worked for the company they damaged more freight then they delivered clear, well maybe not that much, but alot....

daddy'ooo' yeah i say alot is a good way to put it, i remember breaking trailers on the inbound and 15 bills of the 20 were damaged,but there were some good loaded trailers, (when floored out)

it is pretty bad.wrigley from what i have seen its still the same its like they open the roof and dump the freight in.

thats to bad freightmover,when i was there the company seem to have potential, but by the 2nd year i was there i said to myself i don't think i'll be able to retire from this company, i'm glade i made the move to fedex freight, i must say i miss working with the people over there,but that won't keep the company in bussiness. hopefully other people will realize that people come and go, its the customers you want to keep

It might be from when they were Overland and busted the union. that goes some years back, but I know some of the accounts still hold a grudge.
Was there.