Central Transport | Merging has started. Will be completed soon!

ltlguy2013

TB Lurker
Credits
Greenville, SC started last week. Completed and moved all into one terminal this weekend.
Augusta, GA and Savannah, GA moving to one terminal starting Monday Morning.
Chatanooga, TN among others will be Nov 11th.
All terminals to be completed by Dec 15th.

Dallas has sent 5 linehaul drivers over to CT and they can't return but no P&D as of yet.....Half the dock workers going too and will be forced to work split shift if they want their jobs....Now that sucks. No date set for full move.

Well, CT did change a lot to bring on the dock workers. Until now, LH drivers worked the dock.
At the breaks and on the I/B side at there DOM terminal.
That alone surprised me. Atleast it allows them to have a job until they find something else if they don't like
it. Could be worse

Well, CT did change a lot to bring on the dock workers. Until now, LH drivers worked the dock.
At the breaks and on the I/B side at there DOM terminal.
That alone surprised me. Atleast it allows them to have a job until they find something else if they don't like
it. Could be worse
Always could be worse brother.....ALWAYS.

i seen the paperwork on some of the flat rate pay for c.t. linehaul runs, it looks like they need to work the dock to make any money.

Our terminal started sending drivers over to ride with ct guys so we can start learning there handheld system. Still no info on pay rate. Guess there saving that for last.:chairshot:

Our terminal started sending drivers over to ride with ct guys so we can start learning there handheld system. Still no info on pay rate. Guess there saving that for last.:chairshot:

they learned from their mistakes, on top of all of the differences on benefits and ect, we also have a smaller coverage area.

When I heard the merger would happen by the end of Jan I was surprised it was not the end of Dec. You know...new year new quarter etc. I hope it is all in place by the end of Dec. I really want to know what it will look like.

If vitran employees get dovetailed in, the only reason i can see why they would do that is to make sure vitran employees stay, and the whole buy-out was to get all ct barns fully staffed. So now maybe, just maybe they can start taking the ct "now hiring with sign on bonus "cardboard signs away from in front of all other ltl outfits front lawns. I doubt it thou, i do got a feeling that once they get you in the door at ct and say you vitran guys are dovetailing, but you guys will be at CTII scale that alot will venture on to other driving jobs. I may be wrong but i got a feeling im right on the buyout to get people to actually want to work at ct for more then a month. Good luck, and i sure do hope you guys do dovetail, for what vitran has done to you guys for the last five yrs plus, you should at least get a bone thrown your way.

When I heard the merger would happen by the end of Jan I was surprised it was not the end of Dec. You know...new year new quarter etc. I hope it is all in place by the end of Dec. I really want to know what it will look like.

Why? The second we go over to Central, we lose all our overtime pay. That translates to $6,000.00 a year for me. Makes the decision to leave soooo easy for me.

I'm not trying to be a smart _ _ _. I truly mean it. I believe Central is looking for guys who don't mind just barely getting by. I simply have a bit more expectation of myself and my employer. I work dang hard and expect my pay to be commensurate.

Congratulations... you're just the kind of driver Central is looking for.

it will pay the bills, keep us fed and showered. the end.

I'm not trying to be a smart _ _ _. I truly mean it. I believe Central is looking for guys who don't mind just barely getting by. I simply have a bit more expectation of myself and my employer. I work dang hard and expect my pay to be commensurate.

what i meant is this job will only do these things and that's about it. if central wants to be a player and run with the big dogs they're going to have to pay like them.

what i meant is this job will only do these things and that's about it. if central wants to be a player and run with the big dogs they're going to have to pay like them.

Oooohhhh.... I see how how you meant that. I misunderstood what you were saying. My apologies. Yes- that is exactly correct, Had Enough. Roof, shower, meal. I guess they think that is all we "working class" folks deserve. I can't wait for the moment I prove them wrong.

Now, a for a few guys, that may be commensurate with their effort... but there is no way in H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS that I intend to give the same effort I gave last year for $6,000.00 less and the loss of five paid days.
(To put it in perspective, think of it this way: this next year you get to work through the middle of November for yourself and your family. Then, from the middle of November through the end
f the year you still get to work- but Matty gets to keep every penny you make to keep him and his poor starving family warm, showered, and fed. *dripping sarcasm *)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? The second we go over to Central, we lose all our overtime pay. That translates to $6,000.00 a year for me. Makes the decision to leave soooo easy for me.

I wish no harm on anyone.

My take on this is like taking off a bandaide. As a Vitran employee I have had enough of not knowing what is going on. For me personally I do not care what the result is I just want to see it so I can decided what I am going to do. Will I stay while looking for something better or just take some trucking job I find on Craigslist?

Enough screwing around in my opinion. Just get on with it.

That is just me though.

Central is betting on drivers looking at the short term rather than the long term. If you look at the long term (benefits and where you'll top out), you'll never stay. They are bottom of the barrel. If you only look short term, you might stay awhile. THAT is what Central is counting on. It will give them enough time to replace drivers without losing accounts.
Personally, I don't care either way. I've already decided to leave. I have a great MVR. and CSA. I'll find something good. They won't replace quality drivers with what they're paying.

Central is betting on drivers looking at the short term rather than the long term. If you look at the long term (benefits and where you'll top out), you'll never stay. They are bottom of the barrel. If you only look short term, you might stay awhile. THAT is what Central is counting on. It will give them enough time to replace drivers without losing accounts.
Personally, I don't care either way. I've already decided to leave. I have a great MVR. and CSA. I'll find something good. They won't replace quality drivers with what they're paying.

One of my concerns is if I stay at CT too long I will not have a great csa score. When the scale master say, "pull it around back and bring in all your paper work" it is too late to quit. I may be better off taking less pay to run better equipement while still looking.