Central Transport | Merging has started. Will be completed soon!

there was a time no that long ago when drivers were united as one, or nearly united as one. Today, drivers are divided and fight each other. I wonder what that uniting factor was that is no long present like it used to be?

I don't think he works for central "proper". by some of the post I'd say he is Vitran, and maybe referring to some of the office staff that has gone over already.

Oh so he DOESN'T work at Central but can talk about how horrible they are and how they will screw you? OK then.

there was a time no that long ago when drivers were united as one, or nearly united as one. Today, drivers are divided and fight each other. I wonder what that uniting factor was that is no long present like it used to be?

personally I think it's a flooding of the "2 week" driving school grads, can't tell you how many of them I've ran into in the last few years that when you ask them if they need a hand or something like that they tell you in no uncertain or polite terms to get back in truck and leave them alone after all they just came out of school and know it all. Nobody flashes lights or blocks traffic while you back in and I won't even go into language on the CB. Heck anymore you can't even get your LTL "brothers" to wave as you pass them.

I hate repeating myself! But.....when was vitran in the upper echelon of trucking??? NEVER!!!! that's when. All this b/s talk,for what? Just quit !!!! All you do is throw dirt on ct! I'm sick of reading your garbage! Go get that fabulous driving job ! And stop posting that negative b/s on this forum.

If you are tired of reading the garbage, move on. This is still the Vitran forum. You are a guest here, and therefore must act as such. No one is forcing you to read and react. Feel free to return to the CT forum and rant all you want about what you read over here.

Oh so he DOESN'T work at Central but can talk about how horrible they are and how they will screw you? OK then.

he could be going by what central drivers tell him on the street, I know in my area you are hard pressed to find any Central driver that has anything good to say. (not saying there aren't any just from what I see they are few and far between)

he could be going by what central drivers tell him on the street, I know in my area you are hard pressed to find any Central driver that has anything good to say. (not saying there aren't any just from what I see they are few and far between)

Fair enough, but look at the Central forum on here, then look at the Vitran forum. Wouldn't you agree 10 VITR drivers complaining to 1 CETR driver? Very few Central posts complaining, crying and whining about this or that, especially prior to the Vitran purchase. Pretty much all you see on Vitrans forum as far back as you look is drivers with horribly negative attitudes.

Most of the negative attitudes come from us vitran drivers that have been with this company for long time. We remember when we were treated fairly before the pay freezes before they hired upper management that that promised to turn things "around". Asked us to go that "extra mile" made false promises . So yea we are a little bitter, an I'm sure you would be too. Like I've said in previous threads all the information I've gotten on Central comes from drivers that work there an have not heard anything good about this company from them. Not to be a smartass but you sound like a dedicated employee, so why not give us some good points about Central, an please not the "hey i get a paycheck an I'm happy with that".

Fair enough, but look at the Central forum on here, then look at the Vitran forum. Wouldn't you agree 10 VITR drivers complaining to 1 CETR driver? Very few Central posts complaining, crying and whining about this or that, especially prior to the Vitran purchase. Pretty much all you see on Vitrans forum as far back as you look is drivers with horribly negative attitudes.
Many do have totally negative attitudes, but many are just venting and are just trying to understand things. I for the most part I'm very positive but if I'm to have any voice on here I must play alot of it off as just truckers being truckers...Lots of bark but very little bite. It would become a little boring if we all came on here being cheerleaders.

Many do have totally negative attitudes, but many are just venting and are just trying to understand things. I for the most part I'm very positive but if I'm to have any voice on here I must play alot of it off as just truckers being truckers...Lots of bark but very little bite. It would become a little boring if we all came on here being cheerleaders.
Just for you H.E.

thanks train, let me know how you like driving that sleeper truck around the dallas streets. lol. is there anything positive about this company lately? please list them in order of most importance....i rest my case. have a good night and keep chasing greatness.

good night elizabeth...good night john boy....good night jim bob.....good night train...lmfao.

Last edited by a moderator:
as they say at least you have a job.....+---- more money by hr.,less ot in check,no direct deposit,less medical coverage( bigger deductibles) more out of pocket.... just remember!!!! LEAST YOU HAVE A JOB!!!!! OH IS THAT POSITIVE FOR YOU!!!!:bananag:

as they say at least you have a job.....+---- more money by hr.,less ot in check,no direct deposit,less medical coverage( bigger deductibles) more out of pocket.... just remember!!!! LEAST YOU HAVE A JOB!!!!! OH IS THAT POSITIVE FOR YOU!!!!:bananag:

No PTO, Less Holidays...

I hate repeating myself! But.....when was vitran in the upper echelon of trucking??? NEVER!!!! that's when. All this b/s talk,for what? Just quit !!!! All you do is throw dirt on ct! I'm sick of reading your garbage! Go get that fabulous driving job ! And stop posting that negative b/s on this forum.
Vitran peaked around 2007. Pay was .54-.58 per mile (depending on terminal) before the two tier wage system went into effect. Overtime after 8 hrs. I was getting $80 per week safety bonus, it topped out at $100 per week, we had company matching 401k, our equipment wasnt falling apart like it is now. We usually did something for Christmas, driver appreciation week and an occasional cook-out after meeting performance goals. At the time Vitran was very close to Fedex and Conway in terms of compensation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know Dean very well but posting something dug up from 17 years ago I don't think is very fair. You must have dug pretty hard to find this , since this happened 4 years before FTW even opened.

nope not hard at all. Just google'd his name. No digging required. Fairness has nothing to do with it. I just though other people might like to read it. I am not judging him just like I said..thought it was interesting.

Just for information, in my state the maximum unemployment per week is $390. If I am a vitran driver making $18/hr, if I worked 55 hours (with ot) I made $1080 gross. If I go to Central I make $18/hr, if I work 55 hours (no ot) I make $990 gross.

To sum it up - I made $1080 at Vitran.
At Central for same hours I make $990.
On unemployment I will make $390.

So I say don't go to Central - take the unemployment and complain to them how ugly their office is, and how their chairs and copiers aren't new enough. That's what a smart driver would do.

take job at central until you get another job, most ltls start at that or more, plus insurance from reputable companies.

Just for information, in my state the maximum unemployment per week is $390. If I am a vitran driver making $18/hr, if I worked 55 hours (with ot) I made $1080 gross. If I go to Central I make $18/hr, if I work 55 hours (no ot) I make $990 gross.

To sum it up - I made $1080 at Vitran.
At Central for same hours I make $990.
On unemployment I will make $390.

So I say don't go to Central - take the unemployment and complain to them how ugly their office is, and how their chairs and copiers aren't new enough. That's what a smart driver would do.

The only problem that I see is that all drivers have been offered a job. By turning their offer down or refusing to accept it, it violates the unemployment agency rules and if CT disputes your claim you will not collect benefits and be out of a job with no money coming in.

Sure I agree, I can also tell you every driver at central (that I have ran into) came from other ltl carriers - Pitt Ohio, fed ex freight, Estes, etc. Central must not be all bad and maybe something are in fact better.

Me personally, been a great change for me, although I came to CT before the Vitran deal. After we get more guys like Jackie boy over here, I may change my mind.

Disclaimer: I do not work for CT or Vitran

If any driver at CT came from Pitt Ohio its more than likely because Pitt fired them. Who would leave new equipment, dedicated runs, yearly raises, OT after 40, full company paid benefits, profit sharing, 401k, free company uniforms, 3 weeks paid vacation, sick/personal days, cook-outs every other Fridays during the summer, and donuts every Monday morning???