FedEx Freight | Merity based pay increase at Fedex...What is top rate going to be?

One of our redshirts claimed this morning that the raise is a "merit" raise, and not automatic to all top of scale employees. If you have a preventable accident or a suspension in the last 12 months, then you don't get it. Enough write ups, and you may get only part. Don't know if he was yankin' my crank or serious.

ST, potentially a victim of crank yankin'.

Last edited by a moderator:
RC, the bride of Frankenstein imforms me that for our anniversary she's going to buy me a GPS system so I don't wander around aimlessly like a redshirt.

ST

One of our redshirts claimed this morning that the raise is a "merit" raise, and not automatic to all top of scale employees. If you have a preventable accident or a suspension, then you don't get it. Enough write ups, and you may get only part. Don't know if he was yankin' my crank or serious.

ST, potentially a victim of crank yankin'.

Im pretty sure he was yanking your crank, everybody gets the same

I'm thinking, I've got it. I need a raise in my pension. I'm too old for crank yanking although my wife goes pull my chain at least once a week. TP

Ask the express folks about that....I fixed the original post to include the last 12 months. Since they get annual reviews to see if they "merit" the full raise. <<<or so I'm told.

Cant tell you a thing about how express works, but in our meeting, they didn't mention anything about a merit raise or anything that resembles one. All they said was everybody gets the same raise!!!

this aint af we dont get the same raise, union citys get big raises, while us other folks get diddly squat, we all do the same job, its a bunch of bull, keep my raise fedex, its not even worth it

Ask the express folks about that....I fixed the original post to include the last 12 months. Since they get annual reviews to see if they "merit" the full raise. <<<or so I'm told.

This is true. Our yearly raise was 100 percent based on "performance"

One of the reasons i left. Raises were not even close to keeping pace with col increase.

Even if you managed a "perfect scoring" review, it was weak. Also, they knocked off points if you called in sick. It was a fvcked system.

Last edited by a moderator:
And whose fault is it that they aren't profitable? Morons in AR trying to reinvent the wheel, fixing what ain't broke. Stepping over dollars to pick up nickles. Let's destroy morale and see how that goes. Maybe having a company full of couldn't care less employees is a new way to increase production. Looks good on a spreadsheet. Cut hours, cut bennies, inflict silly and duplicate procedures, don't notice the good, punish every bad. Then give them a crap raise and call it good.