Message to NCT local drivers for Teamster Local 107

Driveforfree

TB Lurker
Credits
The Employer is stating to the employees that if the Teamsters get voted in Employee loses what they have and all bargaining starts from scratch. This is a common FEAR tactic that employers use to scare employees from voting "YES". As an employee under the Collective Bargaining Agreement one of the most powerful rights you have is your VOICE and your right to vote on YOUR contract. This includes benefits, wages, and working conditions, and through this process the union works for YOU! The employees call the shots. So, if you, as NCT employees do not like what you have negotiated, you express that to the union and the union will not endorse such a contract. Ask yourself, would you vote for a contract that reduces pay, vacation, sick, personal days, seniority and many other benefits you may receive. No. You would not vote for that if it would include concessions! So, it is your choice if you want to go backwards and again, the union works for you and you say what you want. Your conditions at NCT are already very low and the union is here to provide you with the living you deserve as professionals.

Fraternally,
Chris Bushmeier
Teamsters Local Union 107
Collective Bargaining ..... The right to all Americans

I am sorry to say that this is a bunch of bullsh!t. We don't have a voice with the teamsters involved. We are going to start with a blank sheet if paper if this is voted through. And I don't want another party determining my future sorry if you do.

What are the teamsters going to do if they can't deliver on ALL OF these promises ? Strike ?

Then what ? I can't live on 150 a week how about you ? Can you live on that.

YRC is going under fast & the teamsters are just looking to refill their coffers with your hard earned cash to the tune of over 175,000 $& a year. I think the choice is a simple one.

I will be voting no so I can continue to feed my family and not put 1500 other employees at risk.

To quote Spock " The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few"

Do your family right and just vote no.

that was the best thing i have read yet, 100% true, the voice disapperars and we all get put at risk, not just us drivers, but the dock, and everyone else at NC...

i spoke to a few folks internally and they voiced their concern at the meeting this week, NC does NOT want the UNION

YRC is going under fast & the teamsters are just looking to refill their coffers with your hard earned cash to the tune of over 175,000 $& a year. I think the choice is a simple one.

I will be voting no so I can continue to feed my family and not put 1500 other employees at risk.

Do your family right and just vote no.[/QUOTE]

darksky, way to find out the best approach by doing the research yourself,

you exposed alot of UNION false promises

The Union Agenda*

•Forced payments from you—Unions can only survive by getting money from workers they represent. This is why most unions are adamant on insisting on contractual language called a Union (Income) Security Clause. Legal in 28 states, a Union (income) Security Clause requires ALL workers in the bargaining unit pay union dues or agency fees or be fired.

◦Elimination of Right-to-Work States—In 22 states, it is currently illegal for a union to cause an employee to be fired for refusal pay union dues. However, unions have had their politcal puppet politicians in Washington introduce legislation aimed at ending Right-to-Work states. If passed and signed into law by President Obama, it will then be legal in ALL 50 states to fire workers who refuse to pay dues or fees to a union.

•Dues Check Off—Unions have three ways to collect union dues and fees: 1) they can chase you down every pay day, 2) they can ask you to send your dues or fees to the union in the mail, or 3) they can ask the employer to be their collection agency and deduct dues straight from your pay. The deduction of union dues and fees is contractual language called Dues Check-Off.

•Reduced Overtime—If a union can get your employer to agree to less overtime and the work still need to be done, your employer will likely have to hire more people and, although you may earn less, the union gets more members. In fact, one union constitution even states that it is the member's "duty" to discourage the working of overtime of his fellow members.

•Union Access—Like you and your home, employers have private property rights. This means union business agents and other union officials would not be allowed onto an employer's property unless as an invited visitor. As a result, unions will often attempt to negotiate contractual language to allow union bosses to come onto the employer's property when they want.

•Union Bulletin Board—Rather than leafletting the employer's property any time the union has an announcement to make, most unions attempt to get the employer to agree to a seperate bulletin board for the union to use to post announcements.

Special "Perks" for the Union Shop Stewards:
•Super Seniority—As a special "perk" for union stewards, many unions like to negotiate Super Seniority into contracts. If negotiated into a contract, Super Seniority rewards the union's shop steward by giving him (or her) the most seniority in the department or plant. This means that, if there is a lay off, the union shop steward would be the last one to be laid off (more senior employees would be laid off first) and the first to be called back.

•Paid Time Off for Union Business—As another special "perk" for union shop stewards, unions will often try to get the employer to pay the union shop steward while the shop steward is out on "union business." Union business can include, working at the union's hall, going to union conventions, working as a "union mole" at another company in order to unionize it, as well as engaging in political activities.

No no this is the discovery page? Want to tell us you were a former employee turned union lapdog?

How much do they pay you like your buddy teamsterforever

Discovery? Yeah I discovered you don't know what you're talking about...and what your doing to the drivers that think you DO know what your talking about, is a sin! I am an employee of NCT I've been there and I'm a senior driver unlike you. I've been in this line of business for many years...experience is where I am coming from and the Union will only help us and if you boys did your homework, you would know that the teamsters can't put forth false letters and documents! They have Lawyers! How come you're not saying anything about NCT's temporary cut in salary to their management employee's? They even had the right to decide if they wanted it! Poor Poor Management! Greed is what's hurting NCT not the UNION! Did they give us a decision? No way! NO NCT I don't want the 5% paycut...yeah right! NO choice! NO money for 6 yrs and the cost of living has gone up, our medical has gone up....everything has gone up! I am a TRUCKER and I believe we are a necessity in this world...why shouldn't I be paid decently for my hard work and be able to retire without worries? Now...retirement is almost unheard of! How sad is that?

And that's your right as a American to vote no. Right now you have no one to speak for you .so next time you ask when we are getting a raise and they tell you it's not in the near future remember you voted no .

The union can't put out propaganda?? Who are you kidding? And we are an absolute necessity for the future, we all know that.

if u are a driver I would understand u being mad waiting for 6 years to get it back I've only been here a year, but I took the time to really think about things here, NCT knows they have to pay us first

But u didn't answer my question ... How much does the union give you for workin for them on the side?? Or did they promise you to be a shop steward?

Drive$drive only a year? Wow and you know so much?
Let's look at you compared to us senior employees.
Let say your $18. And some change and hour ? Which will never change
8 hours for personal and holidays .. We get 10 hours
40 hours for vacation ... We get 50 hours
$25.00 for phone .... We get $50.00
All of which will never change you will never get to top rate EVER!!!!
You were not here in the good old day when we received raises and bbqs and money
On our Comdata card to take our families out to dinner. The little things that meant something.
They saw you coming for cheap labor!!! If anybody should want help on getting a contract it should be you!!!
Jerry's eating filet mignon .... How's the ramen noodles taste? You can't even afford the sloppy joes!!!

If the union can get us so much more, why is it not in writing? They say it does not start with a blank sheet of paper, but other posts say you are "going" for this and that. I don't think it is fear tactics, I think its the truth and the union will say anything to get our hard earned money.

quagmire, when the Union is voted in they will have meetings with us to find out what we want. They are not going to say an amount because they need to hear us first. We as drivers need to figure out what we want. Then they do the negotiations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Damn,I thought that is what Leonard Hoffstettler told Sheldon Cooper to get Shelton to join the High IQ team,lol..Not making light of the situation you guys have,as I wish NC and their employees the best...Live long and prosper..

If the Union gets voted in why do you think we will start over ? The Union will sit down with the Crying Poor Co. :crybaby: and negotiate a fair deal for us,Do you really think we would agree and vote yes to a contract like that ? As far as YRC goes
they (Roadway) put themselves there by buying in with Yellow.I do know,even though things are not good there all this time since our 5% cut they have been getting cost of living raises and nice Med. coverage !!!:usa2:, What did we get ??? :****:

so explain to me step by step how the union will get more money from a company that says it doesnt have it?

Say they are right, they dont have it, the union already gets in and we are S.O.L. you dont get it,

But i would be posting this crap on here too if i was on the unions payroll!

MOLE MOLE MOLES everywhere

I wouldn't trust the international to represent us under the best of circumstances. Look what they did to ABF.
Seamus20 likes this.

This from the YRC thread would scare the sh!t out of me If I was on the fence !!