Message to NCT local drivers for Teamster Local 107

Is this really about the 5%. Its about treating your employees fairly...not just all of harry's boys--or whats left of them. then again how many are really left ? wow did the new guys clean house !!--whos next ?

It is about that 5% and 5 1/2 years with no cost of living raise,and what 4 1/2 years with no contribution to the 401K,most of the guys that were hired in the first 2 years are Harry's Men and most are still here,I never complain about being treated fairly,I just do the work and they reward you with that.Dont you think NCT is charging more to haul the freight for customers ? They are adding higher fuel surcharges etc. to make up for the higher fuel prices and etc.But we haven't seen a damn nickel !!!,They can keep there lousey 401K with 2% I have my own retirement plan.As far as the new guys 1 year or less your days are numbered by the end of Dec.you'll be gone,I've seen it happen since we moved to Westampton...:438: and the main reason they are hiring them is to up the amount of local drivers because of the Dec.vote.So make sure you vote yes !!!:usa2:

Get your facts straight! That is why a union has no business in a trucking company. 1st fuel is set at the beginning of the week by the DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY, not nct. If prices rise during the week, the carrier looses!!!! and we all know about the fuel costs over the past 8 years. DUMBASS!!!! Also if you knew your facts, prices dropped on your average shipment, otherwise a lot of trucking companies would still be around. I agree vote yes if you want a bunch of DUMBASSES making decisions for you. They will only negotiate for what is best for them, they could care less what you make after a negotiation. Have them put in writing what you will be compensated for after the negotiation. Have them guarantee it and I will change my mind. Truth is they cant guarantee you anything. And yes, even vacation and sick time get negotiated. Don't listen to the false promises. And FYI, I was hired in March before any word of a union came about. try twisting some other situation to your silly cause DUMBASS!!!!! BTW the union is only after your dues. Nothing more.

Ok as I see it, it's brainless against themselves, do you really think the union really cares about the drivers? Well lets get sometging stright, they don't give a sh** about you, the union is for only 1 thing and 1 thing alone and it's money and nothing but the money. Do you really think they care about you, that's why I say you all brainless. I keep hearing you guy keep sayiny to call the union hall, if they could promise you a raise, free health care and a pension for 66.45 a month they should hand that to you in writing, you think that if they gave it to you in writing that 100%of every driver they talked to there wouldn't be a need for a vote. It's because they know that if they put it in writing they would be sued by every driver in the union for false promises, so go ahead call the hall and ask the if you can record the call so you don't miss any promises they give you and see how fast they hang up on you and put you on the black list.

Next X drivers I don't understand you what happened to make you so bitter. If you drove for a union company, why did you leave? and then go to work for a non union company. If as you say you were the perfect driver and you did everything by the book, and are reitred then what stake in this vote, I know it's not for nothing so what do you get.

for the drivers that are still employed, again what privilages do you get? There has to be something the were all missing here so please explain.

Sorry got off track, no one has answered me, what happens if you vote yes and theunion and the company can't come to an agreement, well it's on strike. Then what do you get for you and your family, well lets see no pay check, that means you don't pay your bill, and shortly after you don't have money for food, who suffers, everybody. Now can you look your family in the eyes and tell them this is the best you could do for them?

and last what I read was correct, if the union gets in and you have a 401k loan it does come due in full 60 days after or it becomes income to be taxed, this we have been thru from a prior job. It CANNOT be rolled into a pension, the balance of you 401k might be but no loan can be.

quagmire, when the Union is voted in they will have meetings with us to find out what we want. They are not going to say an amount because they need to hear us first. We as drivers need to figure out what we want. Then they do the negotiations.

And you call yourself a union for life and you don't even know how it works, yes they have a meeting and take your money and sit in a room for the negotiations but they cannot force the copany into any thing because all negotiations start from scratch and not from were you at, brainless you can tell the union you want 26.00 an hour and the copany say no you better come up with a 2nd try and so on but you could also end up with less like vacation, paid holidays, or paid time off, call the hall and ask them to put in writing what you will get and I bet they wont. But make sure you pay you union dues because they have to get paid.

I think you might be one of the most brainless of all, thinkabout what you just said.....from what I read the company doesn't fire many local drivers unless they really screw up, so 1 year driver when old warlock quits because the union didn't get voted in. I don't think you have anything to worry about, and I wonder if he calls himself the old warlock is because he is old and bitter who plays with his bicycle.

Can you sense the panic when CHANGE comes a knocking ? People hate change thats why theres so many people on Welfare. Just think how we as a Country started and where we would be if we didnt stand up for ourselves. just think why labor unions were started and where we would be without them. all the sacrifice...some say Unions are not necessary anymore.. educate yourselves on the history and you'll prepare your self for the future and then Imagine where you would be now without Unions.

How dare You call me brainless.....you're speaking for your husband what's that make him? I know how the union works. By the way, the word company has an "m" in it....brainless? Hmmmm...

Truckerswife? Really ?
Do you really think Pnc bank is going to call your loan mature in 60 days because some employees
At NCT unionized? When you took your loan out and agreed to the terms did they say oh by the
Way if your company unionize your loan becomes mature in 60 days!!!
Get a grip on reality lady !! Such a bunch of crap your feeding people.
Think before you write lies like that on here.
Wow you are dumb

PNC holds the note on that loan, NOT NEW CENTURY. They ( New Century) have no control over the note. Are you really that stupid to actually believe that! It's your money not New Century's.

I am NOT employed by the Teamsters. Just voicing my opinion based on facts and past experience in the craft. Get a grip fellas, when you vote NO and never ever get what you truly deserve you'll have no one to blame but yourselves.

Truckerswife? Really ?
Do you really think Pnc bank is going to call your loan mature in 60 days because some employees
At NCT unionized? When you took your loan out and agreed to the terms did they say oh by the
Way if your company unionize your loan becomes mature in 60 days!!!
Get a grip on reality lady !! Such a bunch of crap your feeding people.
Think before you write lies like that on here.
Wow you are dumb

really dumb you say, call PNC and ask what happens to your 401k once it turns into a union pension, if you have an outstanding loan it does not roll over your vested portation will but not your loan, it is treated like you got a new job and your loan then becomes due in 60 days, and just to inform you that I worked for a union coMpany and that had a strike vote while my other half was in between jobs, not all drivers are luckey to be in a good paying job for 10, 20 years but he will now because of no union, he saw the light without me telling him to do when the union coMpany he worked for put him out on strike and we pretty muck lost everything we had, but you vote for a union and it will probably happen to you too. Just like it's going to happen to the GREAT YRC and what about all those drivers. Ask them what they think!!!!!!!!! Is going to happen. So call your hall or a bank and ask the questions

Oh by the way we talk to each other, I'm not the boss neither is he thats what marriage is about, talking to each out but I guess you don't value in whar your other half's opinion is because you know she will tell how stupid you are, no I'm sorry she must worship the ground you walk on and is not allowed to tell you how stupid you really are. So yes vote yes for stupidity.

Why would "my" account turn into a union pension? Somebody is feeding you seriously bad information!!!
It's you account not new century's not teamsters pension fund!! It's yours And as long as your employeed by NCT your 401k is active.

Excuse me Miss truckerswife101....this is Unionlife's wife and I know everything he posts on here. I am behind him 100%! MY whole family is and was in a Union! My Grandfather, my Father, my brother, my Uncle and my oldest son. Three of the 5 retired...lived and living very well! The other two make a good living and have a good retirement. Never would I call my husband stupid or do I have to talk for him. You'll never change our minds or any of the others that are for it...so stop wasting your time, energy and name calling. NCT is feeding you all lies and you are falling for it.