Central Transport | Method to the Madness

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
Despite the assertion that one's approach seems idiotic, could there actually be structure to it? Could Vitran have a good reason for what they are doing? Could this idiosyncrasy have a purpose? I consider myself a rational man.....Much more intelligent than most would think a truck driver would be. What's going on here almost seems intentional. Do you think there could be some sort of structure and purpose or do you think it is just total incompetence? It's just so hard for me to believe these college educated individualist from FedX are so clueless when it comes to running a trucking company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite the assertion that one's approach seems idiotic, could there actually be structure to it? Could Vitran have a good reason for what they are doing? Could this idiosyncrasy have a purpose? I consider myself a rational man.....Much more intelligent than most would think a truck driver would be. What's going on here almost seems intentional. Do you think there could be some sort of structure and purpose or do you think it is just total incompetence? It's just so hard for me to believe these college educated individualist from FedX are so clueless when it comes to running a trucking company.

Its absolutely intentional !

There are a couple of reasons I think it could be intentional and I will share them if this thread takes off....If it doesn't I will let the thread die peaceful and quickly. Unlike we are dying now. A slow and agonizing death. At least that's what appears they want us to believe.

I have said for over a year now that every thing Mr.CK and his band of idiots have done is completely counter prodoctive to what a company that is trying to survive would do to stay in bussiness.Can not explain my situation but once resolved I will be out of here.

I think CK is trying to build a new trucking company right under an existing one and its like trying to build a house while one is still standing on the same spot. in the end your new house may get finished but it will will not be pretty or easy during construction.

Shrinking it down to make it manageable could be a reason as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
shrink the coverage area, not the amount of bills across the board. they're pissing off customers and made a bad name for themselves already. would you come back after getting the service we provide them? lol.

now we need new equipment not enough equipment for all drivers..... so they keep suspending drivers so the equipment is there. at least it appears to the eye.... but it's not worthy to be on road.....

I think people are giving CK way too much credit.....he is not that smart. I said before and I will say again, he has no idea of how bad it is. He is a numbers guy...and the numbers that people are giving him are false. You can't hide the millions in losses..but you can hide just about everything else. He brought everyone over from FedEx, and I think the last thing those folks want to do is explain to CK that they are not doing a good job..........so they lie.

I think people are giving CK way too much credit.....he is not that smart. I said before and I will say again, he has no idea of how bad it is. He is a numbers guy...and the numbers that people are giving him are false. You can't hide the millions in losses..but you can hide just about everything else. He brought everyone over from FedEx, and I think the last thing those folks want to do is explain to CK that they are not doing a good job..........so they lie.
If he doesn't know how bad it is he's a complete idiot.....it's his job to know....Most often people judge others by what's inside them.....So using that analogy and him being the King of spin.....He should know they are feeding him a line of bull.

Spot on , you speak the truth.

If he doesn't know how bad it is he's a complete idiot.....it's his job to know....Most often people judge others by what's inside them.....So using that analogy and him being the King of spin.....He should know they are feeding him a line of bull.

Daily bill count is now down to just a hair over 12,000. Two years ago it was running 15,800 per day. A year ago it was running 13,500. But a bigger indicator of whether or not this company can make it is the CWT or revenue per hundred weight and it is down as well. We have very little business in the less than 200 mile range, we have become a regional carrier that has no density because of the run off of all the short haul. And why do we no longer have any short haul business. Because we could not give consistent next day service.

Right now we are sitting in the eye of the storm, it has been eerily quiet. But get ready, that is about to change. 2nd Q results and shortly thereafter an announcement that Canada is divorcing themselves from us.

But shouldn't he have enough sense to see through all that....It's his job.

One thing I don't get is why we pickup freight we can't serve in a timely manner.....Things we must interline. Can't they see when we fu** customers on bad service to out of the way interline points. They cut us off to the good direct points we could serve in a timely manner. The good freight we lose because we screw them around on things that we have no business picking up in the first place.

One thing I don't get is why we pickup freight we can't serve in a timely manner.....Things we must interline. Can't they see when we fu** customers on bad service to out of the way interline points. They cut us off to the good direct points we could serve in a timely manner. The good freight we lose because we screw them around on things that we have no business picking up in the first place.

Some Customers just want the cheaper no matter how long it takes. The Shipper would like it delivered ASAP because of cash flow. It not considered billable until the Consignee accepts delivery. (Learned that from my College Accounting classes:biggrin:)

There is a lot of good perspective here.

My view is that CK and company are finding out how difficult it is to get this thing not just working well, but working well as a unit. We all see our own little piece, but it is a part of a much larger web. With one hiccup it can send waves throughout the entire system.

Hey Train--you didn't get all the CK followers from BIG PURPLE-- we still have more than our fare share--we are run like a air freight company (FEDEX EXPRESS) like CK, these guys are clueless and no one has the Ba@@s to stand up to the bossess. Good thing uncle Fred S. has big pockets. Our local guys don't have the time to get to customers for PU's because of poor dispatching, line haul takes freight to hubs in the wrong directions cuz some college kid who has never worked in the industry knows more than guys with 20 yrs experience, or friendly hub planner is trying to keep his friends from one of the old companies employed. We have people leaving also and, no applications on filel for new drivers--they need to con dock workers into being drivers and attending the very informative 2 week FEDEX driving school, the magic hand is passed over them and then taadaa you're a fully certified driver. Its really sad. Soounds like CK has brought all his LTL knowledge over to you guys and is doing the same thing thats is happening over here--best of luck to all you guys,and us!!!.