Metro New York

gremel9jan

TB Lurker
Credits
Do any of you guys know if US Foods Perth Amboy will be hiring soon? From what I understand they aren't even at 50% percent capacity in the new warehouse. Also could anyone tell me what the hourly rate is and if they are local 97? Any info you guys might have will be helpful.

Thanks from a Laid off carhauler

Do any of you guys know if US Foods Perth Amboy will be hiring soon? From what I understand they aren't even at 50% percent capacity in the new warehouse. Also could anyone tell me what the hourly rate is and if they are local 97? Any info you guys might have will be helpful.

Thanks from a Laid off carhauler

Don't worry gremel, I'm sure someone will chime in soon with info, I wish I could help but I'm down here in Redneckville Arkansas, metro NYC isn't even on my map, where the heck is that anyway...England, Ireland, *shrug*, never heard of it...LOL, seriously, someone will be along to help soon I'm sure!!

Don't worry gremel, I'm sure someone will chime in soon with info, I wish I could help but I'm down here in Redneckville Arkansas, metro NYC isn't even on my map, where the heck is that anyway...England, Ireland, *shrug*, never heard of it...LOL, seriously, someone will be along to help soon I'm sure!!

It's on my map and it says REAL BIG ON IT:DO NOT MAKE ANY DELIVERIES THERE! DROP THEM AT A CROSS-DOCK IN NJ:biglaugh:

Where is ARKANSAS? I can't find that on my map:biglaugh:

Happy to hear from you guys!
From what I understand so far is that they (US foodservice) is trying to figure out how to divide up the sales territory. Metro NY, Bridgeport, Allentown and Albany!? are all tripping over each other in the north Jersey, NYC and LI market. Once they figure that out they'll start moving more freight out of Perth Amboy. They spent millions on that warehouse. It is complete state of the art. I imagine they'll put it to good use. The question is when?... Guys need the work here too. Things are tough all over, but when you can't get a job in this area it's gotta be real bad.

Happy to hear from you guys!
From what I understand so far is that they (US foodservice) is trying to figure out how to divide up the sales territory. Metro NY, Bridgeport, Allentown and Albany!? are all tripping over each other in the north Jersey, NYC and LI market. Once they figure that out they'll start moving more freight out of Perth Amboy. They spent millions on that warehouse. It is complete state of the art. I imagine they'll put it to good use. The question is when?... Guys need the work here too. Things are tough all over, but when you can't get a job in this area it's gotta be real bad.

US Foods is a good company, I'm sure in your area its union, union or not its a good place to work, if foodservice is what you want US Foodeservice is a company you can't go wrong with, if you like hard labor, but great rewards, then go and apply, if you don't like labor, or your a miserable person, that hates everything, then stay far away, because foodservice will hook you up with all the misery you can stand, its all about attitude in this business, the rewards are many, you get very close with your customers and make great friends, but you will work hard, its all about how you look at life and your job, Double r can back me up on this!

Yup thats why Iam at FedEx now,was work in south jersey,for 6 years at USfoods,the warehouses down there are union,there trying to shut that plant down and move the work up there,but the teamsters is frighting now on this.As of now its an big show down.USfoods is an good Co ::shit::,nope.They wont even let people transfer up there.Thats the low down.

Thanks for the input gents! My first trucking job was a Sysco gig out of the dropyard in Cologne NJ. That was 15 years ago. I am no stranger to the work involved, I just hope my 40 year old body can work as hard as my 7 month old son eats! As far as US Foods being a good company I've heard more good than bad. I have some very good friends who have been in the company for many years.
Anyway, I wouldn't be going the foodservice route except for the fact that Carhaulling died a nasty death.

Thanks for the input gents! My first trucking job was a Sysco gig out of the dropyard in Cologne NJ. That was 15 years ago. I am no stranger to the work involved, I just hope my 40 year old body can work as hard as my 7 month old son eats! As far as US Foods being a good company I've heard more good than bad. I have some very good friends who have been in the company for many years.
Anyway, I wouldn't be going the foodservice route except for the fact that Carhaulling died a nasty death.

Don't worry, I'm getting ready to do 42, I do fine, it hurts but its nothing I can't get past, I just love the job, would I rather be on shuttle? Heck yea, I would love to drive from Rudy Ar to Little Rock Ar every night, but it ain't happening right now, I am really considering Estes, if they hire around here, don't know about that though, right now I love PFG, if the pay was better, I would be tickled pink, I just can't get enough miles, thats how we make our money.

US Foods is a good company, I'm sure in your area its union, union or not its a good place to work, if foodservice is what you want US Foodeservice is a company you can't go wrong with, if you like hard labor, but great rewards, then go and apply, if you don't like labor, or your a miserable person, that hates everything, then stay far away, because foodservice will hook you up with all the misery you can stand, its all about attitude in this business, the rewards are many, you get very close with your customers and make great friends, but you will work hard, its all about how you look at life and your job, Double r can back me up on this!
I second what he said:clap:

Try PFG in Elizabeth,NJ. They were looking for drivers also.

Hey Double R the application is in with AFI in Elizabeth. They have a real nice perk with that job. I'll bet you already know what it is. Yessir you guessed it you get a helper on the truck with you! As long as he knows the difference between a 9 sticker and a 6 sticker.

By the way Grocery Thrower I applied to PFG when I was living in Rock Hill, SC. I didn't have enough recent experience in Food for them so I got kicked to the curb. Wound up coming back to Jersey. A PFG driver down there was telling me about how good they were. His route was four days and he worked the fifth if they needed him. Said he was making around 60 -65 a year. Very good money in the woods of South Carolina. You could live very well on that.

Hey Double R the application is in with AFI in Elizabeth. They have a real nice perk with that job. I'll bet you already know what it is. Yessir you guessed it you get a helper on the truck with you! As long as he knows the difference between a 9 sticker and a 6 sticker.
:biglaugh:(at the bold print)

just hope that you get one that speaks english:biglaugh:

Hey Double R the application is in with AFI in Elizabeth. They have a real nice perk with that job. I'll bet you already know what it is. Yessir you guessed it you get a helper on the truck with you!
As long as he knows the difference between a 9 sticker and a 6 sticker.

HAHAHA!! you aint kidding, confusing the 2 can make for a confusing mess somewhere along the way, I've done it myself but the customer caught it, 01 and 10 still get me sometimes...LOL

Down in Redneckville...gosh I hate repeating myself..:biglaugh:
From NJ, just go south til you get to Crackerboro(GA) and turn right.
After about 8 hours you will see a lot of whores.
That would be West Memphis AR.
Go about another 5 hours til you get to God's country(Ozark Mountains)
Let your window down and sniff around for the odor of corn liquor and cannabis.
GT will be nearby.

they get paid well, they bust their *** but they get the pay to back it up

Not really...the economy has hurt me too, I still bust my butt but with my routes I went from $1000 a week to $800 all because we got a big account and my routes got smaller to accomadate them, that and my customers aren't getting as many groceries.

I also got a divorce so whatever I gross $300 comes out so if its $800 I bring home $500 something, all the while I'm busting my butt, I love my job so I wait and hope things get better.