Miami facility losing equipment

JLKKLJ777

TB Lurker
Credits
Apparently the head honchos have decided to move some of the trucks out of Miami. I suppose this means they do not have the freight volume needed to bring back some of the laid off drivers down there.

The only reason I know of this is due to my regular run to Miami twice per week (running team). So far 2 trucks have been moved out and there are 2 more scheduled to be moved out in the next few weeks.

I wonder if Miami is going to be closed down altogether in the not too distant future due to lack of business.

Certainly hope not, theres a hot account exec..nicole there.....wowzie..if so ...she'll have no prob finding a job elsewhere...i know nemf is in a cost cutting mode and will be consolidating and closing more terminals to reduce overhead in the near future and since 3/4 of the terminals are losing money it dont surprise me..

closing terminals

Mike made a big mistake bringing in Conway people and letting them expand out west. at least he was smart enough to reralize his mistake and booted most of them out.

I'm confused on what that has to due with miami..a terminal in a state all by itself...that makes least sense....as for the conway experiment..it was mike with the idea to become a billion dollar company..i thought the expansion was a great idea....but at the wrong time...and they used all conway people in those facilities..i'll never forget the looks on eveeryone's faces .."oh no their making us conway"...we'll have to work harder....omg...

we have a few steady accounts that i deliver coming from miami...the industry sucks all around no matter where or which state...sales needs to pick up the pace... or shall we move the one thing that comes out of florida..produce lol..or do we need to look at others and see what they bring out

it may be cheaper to use our partner, but i have heard too many complaints from our partener that moves the freight in the south...damages beyond belief..until more things are made at home instead of sending all our money and resources to be made elsewhere,down south will continue to hurt as will the rest of the country..the united states people are our own worst enemies.....greed took away made in the u.s.a....

it may be cheaper to use our partner, but i have heard too many complaints from our partener that moves the freight in the south...damages beyond belief..until more things are made at home instead of sending all our money and resources to be made elsewhere,down south will continue to hurt as will the rest of the country..the united states people are our own worst enemies.....greed took away made in the u.s.a....

I think our partner in the south also runs a tree service, cuz they load their trucks with a wood chipper.

Just got back from Florida with 1 more day cab. 81011 was actually in pretty good shape compared to the last 1 we brought back north. Thankfully, no battery issues with this 1.

I had to "borrow" a fuse from 81013 to get the marker/id lights working, and had to call for road service to come to the terminal and repair a flat tire before we got going.

Someone broke the am/fm radio so I had to hook up my laptop with exterior speakers to get some tunes going. I simply cannot stand driving a truck without some tunes. BORING!!!

Other than that the city horn wasn't working (probably a fuse). Considering how old these trucks are I was surprised I did not find more wrong with it.

The cruise control worked, the a/c worked, and the dash lights even worked! Too bad the dash cluster has some kinda glitch in it. Go over a big bump and all the gauges drop to zeros. Hit another bump and voila! everything back to normal. Oh well I ran into the same issue with the last truck I brought north so apparently it is an inherent problem with these older trucks.

We should be bringing back another one next weekend. As far as I know that will be the last. I hope for the sake of the workers in Miami it is the last truck we have to pull.

Will keep you all posted.

Those trucks aren't that old. I think they are 2001's or 02's, but like all the trucks here, sat for a year or two before they went into service. They probably seem old from being double duty trucks.

Those trucks aren't that old. I think they are 2001's or 02's, but like all the trucks here, sat for a year or two before they went into service. They probably seem old from being double duty trucks.

I had 81019 in 1998, so if they sat for a year or two, that makes them around a 1996! Someone check the door tag.....

I am a p&d, with a '94 Mack CH, It has been refurbished recently, ac, amfm, and cruise still work, it runs great and I am very comfortable in it, I have been driving it now for 3 years and do not want another (newer) vehicle. I understand what you line haul guys need to run those miles but as a p&d'er I like my old MACK.

I am a p&d, with a '94 Mack CH, It has been refurbished recently, ac, amfm, and cruise still work, it runs great and I am very comfortable in it, I have been driving it now for 3 years and do not want another (newer) vehicle. I understand what you line haul guys need to run those miles but as a p&d'er I like my old MACK.

You have the right idea. If I were a p&d driver that's just what I would want, you know that that truck isn't going to be taken by someone that breaks down and you can keep it the way you want it.

thats why i like my international for the tight spots i get to go in and the turning radius is so much tighter than a mack...plus they bounce when you drive so linehaul wouldnt want it...but for the second time they sent it out when a l/h driver broke down..he must have hated the long bouncy bumpy ride...

Just got back from Miami

Kim and I just got back from Miami with the last (I hope) of 4 trucks. We recovered 3 of the 4 trucks slated to move.

The latest one was unit 81005. The truck has some issues which have been written up and turned into the Camp Hill shop. A missing step on the passenger side, no climate control (heat or a/c), no city horn, and a major air leak under the hood some where. Made it pretty tough to maintain any kind of speed on the hills.

The last 3 trucks were dropped at the Richmond Va terminal. This last one was routed to Camp Hill.

For the sake of the Miami drivers I do hope there are no more plans to downsize the fleet further.

heard there are alot of changes going on real soon..put your seat belt on tight..your goona be pullin lots of equipt.from different areas.