XPO | Miami files for Union representation

Interesting....Ever since my post 84 went out every single post after that was pro union ... Except upnorth which happens to be neutral...every single one. Went fishing and hit big.

Interesting....Ever since my post 84 went out every single post after that was pro union ... Except upnorth which happens to be neutral...every single one. Went fishing and hit big.
You don't have to fish ask like I do. In my area I borders 2 Conway terminals both are very pro Union....

Fishing???
LMAO !
Sure slick. I fell into your devious trap. You had me fooled into thinking you were whining. I am so so gullible.

LOL I won't ask if you got any PMs about highspeeds or instigator. Would it be a stretch to say tolerance has been exercised interacting with them? Thought; I wonder if a calmer and more lucid pro corporation concern might want to stick around without being self-destructed by his "business associates". Conclusion; There is no doubt in my mind that an honest, respectful, and articulate poster from any school of thought would and should be treated in like.
the members want information from both sides of the union argument. Outside members come on this forum and saturate threads with pro union rants, and take personal shots at members who don't think the same way. They don't want to post because they will be attacked too.

the members want information from both sides of the union argument. Outside members come on this forum and saturate threads with pro union rants, and take personal shots at members who don't think the same way. They don't want to post because they will be attacked too.
Exactly my point !!!

Sounds like runaway with his anti union rants

Another outsider ... This forum is dominated my outsiders....I'm just one .... This forum is a platform and launching pad for the union...

I respectfully disagree Runawaytrain. For the union movement to get to this point , there has to be some substance to the issues that are mentioned constantly.

I don't think you would have drivers considering a union , a vote , or any kind of organizing whatsoever if there was respect for the drivers intelligence. Most drivers at Con-way started here long enough ago to have a well informed opinion on the direction of the company.

I am pro Con-way.

I am also pro driver.

It seems as though pro Con-way has changed over the years and no longer means pro driver - these 2 ideas conflict with one another now and they didn't in the past.

I am not pro union but I do not have a problem with a union at this point ( thanks to the new Con-way culture ) I am not afraid to post my thoughts one way or another. I don't think it's a big deal that people post on a board and try to get you to agree with them - research , find the truth , make up your own mind.

Heck , I could get on here and tell you the union has failed in Tennessee at the VW plant BUT , that is not the whole truth - Despite roadblocks, UAW finds a new path in the South

Look for the facts - take the time to listen and read. Don't be an idiot.

I respectfully disagree Runawaytrain. For the union movement to get to this point , there has to be some substance to the issues that are mentioned constantly. I don't think you would have drivers considering a union , a vote , or any kind of organizing whatsoever if there was respect for the drivers intelligence. Most drivers at Con-way started here long enough ago to have a well informed opinion on the direction of the company. I am pro Con-way. I am also pro driver. It seems as though pro Con-way has changed over the years and no longer means pro driver - these 2 ideas conflict with one another now and they didn't in the past. I am not pro union but I do not have a problem with a union at this point ( thanks to the new Con-way culture ) I am not afraid to post my thoughts one way or another. I don't think it's a big deal that people post on a board and try to get you to agree with them - research , find the truth , make up your own mind. Heck , I could get on here and tell you the union has failed in Tennessee at the VW plant BUT , that is not the whole truth - Despite roadblocks, UAW finds a new path in the South Look for the facts - take the time to listen and read. Don't be an idiot.
well said.

I respectfully disagree Runawaytrain. For the union movement to get to this point , there has to be some substance to the issues that are mentioned constantly.

I don't think you would have drivers considering a union , a vote , or any kind of organizing whatsoever if there was respect for the drivers intelligence. Most drivers at Con-way started here long enough ago to have a well informed opinion on the direction of the company.

I am pro Con-way.

I am also pro driver.

It seems as though pro Con-way has changed over the years and no longer means pro driver - these 2 ideas conflict with one another now and they didn't in the past.

I am not pro union but I do not have a problem with a union at this point ( thanks to the new Con-way culture ) I am not afraid to post my thoughts one way or another. I don't think it's a big deal that people post on a board and try to get you to agree with them - research , find the truth , make up your own mind.

Heck , I could get on here and tell you the union has failed in Tennessee at the VW plant BUT , that is not the whole truth - Despite roadblocks, UAW finds a new path in the South

I talk to a bunch of my former co-workers on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google...many of them feel this way - nicely put.

This talk coming from management from both Con Way and Fed X are all about scaring you that the company can't compete and you will not be able to feed your families when the company close down is pure propaganda . The union is not going to give you guys a contract to put you out of business . The union wants you to stay in business . What good does a dead company do for the union ? What the company could do is fire all the management and hire smarter managers that know how to work with the union employees . Fact is Con Way and Fed X will do just fine and so will you with a Teamster contract . Fact is they are on an ego trip and they want you to know they are the boss / alpha dog . :1036316054:

Every manager has a little union book they must pull out and follow exact procedures on how to deal with specific union activities - from conversations in the workplace to reps showing up at your door. Then we must alert HR/Legal with a union log...giving specifics to the activity.

Plus it is part of the Con-way culture that is embedded into you from day 1 to believe if a contract is voted in, the company cannot operate with restrictive work rules from the NMFA and would eventually close its doors...you even get to see a video of such an example.

T

I am pro Con-way.

I am also pro driver.

Not everyone is like you...Great post BTW...some are intimidated and won't post because they are largely out numbered by the pro's

Every manager has a little union book they must pull out and follow exact procedures on how to deal with specific union activities - from conversations in the workplace to reps showing up at your door. Then we must alert HR/Legal with a union log...giving specifics to the activity.

Plus it is part of the Con-way culture that is embedded into you from day 1 to believe if a contract is voted in, the company cannot operate with restrictive work rules from the NMFA and would eventually close its doors...you even get to see a video of such an example.
To process the freight the way we do I'd never expect a contract with those rules.. They would bargain hard for their work expectations which is fine... Compensate accordingly

This is real simple. We have had decades of "information" from the corporate side of the tracks. We LIVED it. This info has come in different forms. Systematic reduction of our compensation. Job insecurity. Ambiguous "rules". Inconsistent use of the rules. Anti-union indoctrination. blah blah blah.
What in the world could our corporate lemmings possibly offer in the way of information that we have not personally experienced for decades? So, one might ask. What is new that can be brought to this table??????
Answer; The only viable solution.

Perhaps the union side dominates this board because it dominates the prevailing winds at Conway. Those that want a solution are organizing. But according to my corporate brethren, the "fact' remains - the vast majority are anti-union. I must be wrong.

T Not everyone is like you...Great post BTW...some are intimidated and won't post because they are largely out numbered by the pro's
How is that someone who is pro unions fault that they have no debating skills, seems to me they want to take their ball & go home if they hear something they don't like....

Nice post.
Honest, articulate, and respectful of all.
And I did not detect that you were fearful or that your guard was up in anticipation of attack.

I am pro Con-way.

I am also pro driver.