XPO | Miami files for Union representation

i will tell you right now at our barn the part timers get more respect and the guys who dont do anything all day long get respect also if you are part of the TEAM you have no need to worry while we bust our ----- oops sorry !!! it get pretty frustrating out here and if you go to the TM he will say he doesnt know what your talking about ________!!!!!!!oops KNOW IM NOT SORRY THIS IS _______!!!!!

If I were still employed by Con-way one of my hopes would be that part of the contract addresses how the freight is handled in the first place. Too often freight is cross-docked every 250 miles or so til it gets to the nearest longbox going that direction and taken out of the network entirely. At NNC we could have loaded to the longest distance FAC and kept it in the network. At least with a contract you could have a say in how much business gets farmed out to purchase instead of as much as possible.

You would also know that union contracts allow way more freight to be given away than Con-Way currently does. You would also know the trend is to reduce sub-service, and that no company would ever let a union dictate how it operates. Not one that wants to survive it this day and age, that is.

You would also know that union contracts allow way more freight to be given away than Con-Way currently does. You would also know the trend is to reduce sub-service, and that no company would ever let a union dictate how it operates. Not one that wants to survive it this day and age, that is.
The percentage is up for discussion correct me but what will teamsters allow to outsource? 20% 10%? I'd say conway is less than 10 which isn't a major issue for the disenchanted , those are small apples in the bunch... History is that conway tried to share a bed with the teamsters with cex , teamsters were late to the party and didn't see the future and I applaude conway to make a bold move ( or should I say papa cf ) and cut there loss.. I've said it before conway expects a lot from employees to turn pennies which is fine, laziness is unacceptable in business today.. We perform and are expected highest in the industry and the movement says PAY ME FOR IT... Ask a ups package guy if he's able to slack in his route? My opinion is the same as 20 years ago, I'll give you my best just take care of me, they're not holding up their end anymore