Middle lane drivers and learn how to merge

FLYINGBY

TB Lurker
Credits
going around St. Louis and is there something wrong with the right lane, why am I always passing trucks while I am in the right lane,,,then some jack ass blows his horn like I would'nt let him in when he was coming off the exit ramp, I moved over for him at the last second, but if he would look ahead he would see he had a 2 mile stretch of exit only lane to gane speed and come out on the highway, to many trucks want to just barrel on to the freeway and just expect you to move over for them, I most alway do if I can, but just see to many Truck Drivers driving like they in a 4 wheeler.. OK

going around St. Louis and is there something wrong with the right lane, why am I always passing trucks while I am in the right lane,,,then some jack ass blows his horn like I would'nt let him in when he was coming off the exit ramp, I moved over for him at the last second, but if he would look ahead he would see he had a 2 mile stretch of exit only lane to gane speed and come out on the highway, to many trucks want to just barrel on to the freeway and just expect you to move over for them, I most alway do if I can, but just see to many Truck Drivers driving like they in a 4 wheeler.. OK

first of all...let the dumb bastoid blow his horn all he wants.

when I AM on the highway, and IF i am in the right lane, i MAY move over to the left lane IF, there is room for me, or IF i feel like being courteous towards another driver.

otherwise, while ANYONE is traveling in the right lane, you have the right of way to continue. it is UP TO the merging traffic to slow down or speed up, to gain access to said highways.

there is NO LAW that i can think of that says YOU MUST move over, to allow traffic to merge.

you, me, and others THAT DO move over, are doing it as a "courtesy" to others, we are NOT required to move over for horn honkers....screw'em now, screw'em forever.....

the only "MOVE OVER" law i do know of, is in the case of ANY emergency vehicle that is on the right shoulder. ( i do believe the left shoulder as well..????)

now, regarding "left lane or middle lane road hogger's", i hate those bastoids as well.

seems to me that they are either afraid that if they ride the right lane, they may fall off the edge of the earth, or just plain stupid to pick up speed, if the truck can.

trucks that cannot ride the highways at highway speeds, ought to stay out of the middle lanes, and let us faster trucks go on our way.

but you cannot fix stupit truckers......

Last edited by a moderator:

I get tired of the lazy truck drivers who "cannot be bothered" by the ramp traffic in the right lane, and languish in the center lane. Something about the "Slower Traffic Keep Right" rule that they just don't get, I guess.

Then those jackwads give me the Stinkeye as I pass their lazy butt on the right.

Go figure.

Then you get the Dipsticks who wait until they get to the end of the ramp to size up the traffic and look for a slot. For some reason they seem to think that I am suppose to park the truck so they can get on.

I got news for them.

Ain't gonna happen.

And if they are fully consumed by their Stoopit Phon and I happen to see it, they will either have to stop as I go by or wind up running down the shoulder.

I have no patience and no tolerance for drivers who cannot seem to get the whole driving thing. If they can't figure it out then they should stay home.

riding the center lane is a safety thing,
the less bullets you got coming your way
the less likely you will be shot down

Many of the 4 wheelers in my town don't know how to merge, and I get the finger on a regular basis. If I'm going any distance, I will be in the middle lane. Don't give me this crap about slower traffic keeping right if I'm doing the speed limit. I don't have to move over for law breakers. If I honk my horn, it's because I'm about to have a collision, or some kids want me to.

It is a new breed out there. ...it's all about me and screw you

And when I think about it, my attitude is just like that sometimes.

Unfortunately the jerks in the world have rubbed off on me a bit. I try not to be an ass, but when so many others show me theirs, I get the feeling that reciprocation is the only solution sometimes.

I am a bad boy.

I will go sit in the corner now.

Problem is that the wheel holders who hog the middle lane are creating a few hazards.

For one, they are likely speeding. Name the city, and I've driven through it numerous times during rush hour from the right lane without a problem. As long as you drive the posted speed limit through metropualitian areas and not your trucks maxed governed speed, you're fine in the right lane.

Next, you're forcing other trucks to pass you to the right, since they legally can't pass you to the left. If vehicles are passing you to the right, you're in the wrong lane.

Next, you're impeding traffic flow by failing to keep right. In the state of Indiana, you can actually get a citation for this.

Next, you're forcing other trucks to pass you to the right.

If they are passing me on the right, they are exceeding the posted speed limit for which they can get a citation.

Explain to me how I am forcing them to do anything? Nobody is forcing them to speed or change lanes or pass or get out of bed and go to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
professionals move to the right to let traffic pass....if you want to be the speed monitor so be it.....I pass a lot of 62 mile an hour trucks in the right lane. they usually complain and then they tried to force me off the road.....it's amazing how the people running the center lane cannot maintain the center lane when they're being passed on the right. no arguments from me run the Center Lane... like I said.. its just the new wave of drivers out here.

Next, you're impeding traffic flow by failing to keep right. In the state of Indiana, you can actually get a citation for this.

Texas State Troopers actively target and cite all drivers for left lane violations. The highways have signs everywhere, "Left Lane For Passing Only". They really like to work the stretch of I-40 from the New Mexico state line to Amarillo. Every time I pass through there a half dozen or so will be running down Left Lane Bandits and writing them tickets.

People don't pay attention to the signage, and wind up providing revenue to the state coffers in Austin.

If they are passing me on the right, they are exceeding the posted speed limit for which they can get a citation.

Explain to me how I am forcing them to do anything? Nobody is forcing them to speed or change lanes or pass or get out of bed and go to work.

Very few people run the speed limit. It is well known that drivers will not be stopped for 5 to 7 over, provided they are otherwise driving legally.

Of course there are the idiots who think that speed limits are for everyone else but them and routinely run 15, 20, even 30 over. You see them weaving in and out, tailgating the slower drivers who refuse to keep right, cutting off other drivers, and generally creating a very dangerous situation for everyone on the road.

Then there are the few who insist on running right on the nut, and in whatever lane they choose, creating a rolling road block. For some reason they feel it is their "duty" to regulate the flow, but all they are doing is causing congestion.

The cops are the ones whose job it is to manage and enforce the traffic laws.

You're not a cop, so stop acting like one. If you aren't passing anyone, you need to be in the right lane. Drive your truck and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.

You're not a cop, so stop acting like one. If you aren't passing anyone, you need to be in the right lane. Drive your truck and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.

Looks like you should take your own advice.

If I'm in the middle lane and driving the speed limit, the only people being "impeded" are people who are breaking speeding laws. If they're not worried about speeding laws, why would they be worried about left lane violations?

With that being said, I generally don't run the middle lane because I prefer not to have traffic on both sides of my truck if I don't have to. That's just doubling your chances of someone doing something stupid and hitting you.

With that being said, I generally don't run the middle lane because I prefer not to have traffic on both sides of my truck if I don't have to. That's just doubling your chances of someone doing something stupid and hitting you.

That is a very good point.

I just wish that the Middle Lane Bandits would think like you!

Personally i hang out in the Rt. lane doing my 61 mph. I dont have a problem backing off for idiots that feel the need to not merge but rather bully their way onto the hiway. I always try to
have a nice clean piece of real estate infront of me so i can sit back and watch the show others put on. LOL i get home eventually.

Aw, Stairbrains, you're still your irreverent self, I was hoping your time away would have helped your single minded views, sadly, such is not the case.
I'm my own cop and regulate myself however I do judge and sentence myself yet I'm free from citing myself.
When I'm not passing any type vehicle sweetie, I'll be in whatever lane I durn well please like when rolling through Knoxville, TN., I'm usually found next to the granny lane ( no silly, not the breakdown lane).
MY TRUCK will cruise anywhere from 45 to 95 yet I prefer 65-72.