Middle lane drivers and learn how to merge

images

This is the Tennessee State Trooper semi, isn't it?
I don't know....I couldn't say what I wanted to say, when I posted it, I figured I'd leave it up to ya'alls imagination, as to what I was thinking..lol. Anyway, I was just picturing AB delivering mail in his shiny new trooper uni

BTW Shooter, I never saw your encryption.
Speak English, would ya? What you mean by encryption?

Back on topic?

And yes, I'd pull you over for impeding traffic before I pull over the driver going 5 over.

It is well known that drivers will not be stopped for 5 to 7 over, provided they are otherwise driving legally.

You're not saying much Airbrakes.

If you followed my posts on this forum, you'd know I'm in the process of becoming a state trooper (hence my absense).

Did you ever see that movie about Wyatt Earp, the one with Kevin Costner? There was a scene where Wyatt was talking to Matt Basterson, or his brother or something. Wyatt didn't really want him around, because he said he was "affable". Hey, that's me. I like to joke, when a customer wants to return something, I tell them "Sorry, we don't take returns on Wednesdays", or whatever day it is. I did this once, and the poor girl was just staring at me, until I smiled, then she knew I was joking. She told me she was gullible, I told her I was too, she said that if you say the word "orange" real slow, it sounds like you're saying gullible... I almost fell for it. I cannot make the judgements that a law enforcement officer has to make about people's character. If I were a cop, I'd be a joke to the local criminals. They'd be getting one over on me all the time. Hey, let's not mention how tempted I'd be about getting ill gotten gain. I'd have the courage, I think, but I couldn't make the snap decisions that need to be made. I admire our law enforcement officials like I admire Olympic champions, they simply are able to do things that I cannot do, and could never do. I love this country and (most of) our laws, and I'm glad we have people like Airbrakes willing to risk their lives to protect us and enforce the laws, and especially to go after the bad guys. Seeing how I and probably most could not and would not be able to make it in law enforcement, I must admit that it must take some special qualities, a person of particular character to make an excellent law enforcement type dude. Just like it takes a special breed to toss groceries. So where folks may be giving Airbrakes some trouble here, I'm gonna give him props. Thank you Airbrakes, for your future service to our community at large, and may God bless and protect you. You can pull me over anytime buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit that it must take some special qualities, a person of particular character to make an excellent law enforcement type dude.

Yeah.

Like these guys.

SEE IT: Officers assault, threaten to deport Chicago salon manager - NY Daily News

Yep.

Some real fine, upstanding, hard working cops with that "particular character" required to be an officer of the law.

Now I know that not all cops are like this, but it only takes one or two stories like this to hit the news and we suddenly have a very dim view of cops. News like this causes us to view all cops as bad. I'm sure that the majority of men and women who enter into service to uphold the law and keep the peace are good people. But some just can't handle the power that the badge and gun give them.

Now I know that not all cops are like this, but it only takes one or two stories like this to hit the news and we suddenly have a very dim view of cops. News like this causes us to view all cops as bad. I'm sure that the majority of men and women who enter into service to uphold the law and keep the peace are good people. But some just can't handle the power that the badge and gun give them.

Replace cops/service with priests/priesthood and you can time travel back 10 years or so.

I know some of my limitations, I couldn't do that job for sure.

pOSGiPO.png

All I'm saying is you want a rottweiler or a doberman for protection.

Sure some dogs will get confused and babies will be bitten, but you won't get protection from a poodle.

many of that "new breed", need to be shown the ditch....

Now now...I quit bull hauling in the early 80's.

So you buy a car that will go 0 to 90 in three seconds and with alll that ecelleleration you make the trucker switch lanes every time you want on the highway. After twohundred and fifty-three thousand times changing lanes the trucker decides that every time he changes lanes there is a potential accident to be had and just one will make you unhireable...so he gets in the middle lane in hopes that you will GAS IT AND GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY.

But no. You have to linger in the blind spot or decide that yer pickup is a match for a dual with an 80,000 pound murder machine. The interstste highway system was created by Dwight D. Eisenhower for the movement of freight and troops. You are a guest on OUR highway.

Act like it and you'll live longer.

Looks like you should take your own advice.

If I'm in the middle lane and driving the speed limit, the only people being "impeded" are people who are breaking speeding laws. If they're not worried about speeding laws, why would they be worried about left lane violations?

With that being said, I generally don't run the middle lane because I prefer not to have traffic on both sides of my truck if I don't have to. That's just doubling your chances of someone doing something stupid and hitting you.

The right lane is my friend. But slowing down for Clyde so he can merge without missing a text from his girl Trixie the front desk American Idol washout? Gas is and go on with his bad self.

But Clyde is of the opinion he too could have been a star. Oh...they messed up when they sold me this phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder about the newer smart cars, electric cars, and hybrids. I'm going to be in the market for a more fuel efficient vehicle next year, but it has to have enough power to get on the highway. I've been in cars that, well it feels like they can't accelerate fast enough to merge properly in some situations, and I wouldn't want to drive one on a daily basis. I try to be aware that this may be a factor for them when I'm on the highway watching a tiny car try to merge. I had a VW new beetle with a 2.5 liter 5 cylinder which got 28 or 29 mpg even with me gunning it all the time. That thing was surprisingly quick, and I'd have happily sacrificed some of the speed for better fuel efficiency. Then I joined the union and was scared not to buy 'merican.

I've also known a few people that would never floor their vehicle. It scares them when that transmission drops to the lower gear and the engine revs and it starts to take off. They think it's bad for the car, I've tried to explain to them that the car was actually designed to do that, and the engine could take the higher rpm without falling apart. They don't believe me.

And sure enough, when I come up behind someone doing 5 mph under the limit, and I decide to pass them, more often than not they are talking on or staring at their cell phone.