Holland | Might move south

Charlotte in my opinion would be better to run road out of due their road board hasn't grown as much as Atlanta but due to so much freight they bring in when freight is slow you go out and turn back home be done the rest of the week. Chattanooga would be best terminal in south heavy outbound freight not enough drivers to move it out of their but you don't get home a lot.

That would be good too. I believe they're much heavier with outbound freight than CB.
Our board is stocked piled with new guys their just started getting out on Mondays. Columbia is loaded as well if next winter is like past I would stick to relay terminals.

The traffic in Atlanta will cause most drivers to consider eating a bullet. Traffic is better at night, but only during a small window of time during the night. Early morning and all day long is like walking speed. It can get frustrating.
Been there, done that. Even 10 years ago, it was BAD.

If I was moving somewhere I wouldn't pick a YRC company to work for and I would probably look hard at going non union. I'd do the math, wages vs health insurance. Particularly in the ATL area, where they are in the CSPF, where you will donate to the Fund and get nothing in return.

If I was moving somewhere I wouldn't pick a YRC company to work for and I would probably look hard at going non union. I'd do the math, wages vs health insurance. Particularly in the ATL area, where they are in the CSPF, where you will donate to the Fund and get nothing in return.
I'm not disagreeing with your point of view but it's a sad day that teamsters are recommending non union jobs.

I'm not disagreeing with your point of view but it's a sad day that teamsters are recommending non union jobs.
I know it is, believe me, I know it is. I benefited well from my years as a union worker and without a union setting the bar it costs all workers in a given industry. Unfortunately the teamsters union has really dropped to ball on us and there is no pride in being a teamster anymore. I wish that there was a viable alternative and maybe someday there will be but for now it is what it is and I would be ashamed of myself if I tried to mislead people into believing otherwise.

Sad, but true. YRCW is going down and unfortunately it's taking other good companies with it. Hoffa has done nothing but accelerate the eventual failure of the CSPF by allowing and encouraging the YRCW givebacks and cutting the YRCW required contributions to the CSPF. Without those funds AND without the other 50,000 former participants from UPS, the fund is not going to survive. Hoffa and Hall allowed UPS to exit the fund in 2007 for a one-time cash pmt of $6.1 billion . Thomas Nyhan, Executive Director of CSPF, promptly lost all of that (and a couple billion dollars more) between 2007 and 2009 due to his "expert" investment advise. For this, he pays himself $694,000 annually, including the $34,000 raise he gave himself in 2014. There is no way the fund is going to get the huge number of new participants needed to survive. Hoffa is making sure of that with allowing the UPS exit, the YRC contract "adjustment" cutting fund contributions and now pushing to have Kroger also exit the fund, by starting their own separate pension fund. ABFer is giving solid advice. It's always best to abandon a sinking ship. The only hope for Holland and New Penn is to somehow separate themselves from the bloodsucker YRCW, and that is not likely to happen. Good Luck.

I know it is, believe me, I know it is. I benefited well from my years as a union worker and without a union setting the bar it costs all workers in a given industry. Unfortunately the teamsters union has really dropped to ball on us and there is no pride in being a teamster anymore. I wish that there was a viable alternative and maybe someday there will be but for now it is what it is and I would be ashamed of myself if I tried to mislead people into believing otherwise.
AMEN , brother.

Sad, but true. YRCW is going down and unfortunately it's taking other good companies with it. Hoffa has done nothing but accelerate the eventual failure of the CSPF by allowing and encouraging the YRCW givebacks and cutting the YRCW required contributions to the CSPF. Without those funds AND without the other 50,000 former participants from UPS, the fund is not going to survive. Hoffa and Hall allowed UPS to exit the fund in 2007 for a one-time cash pmt of $6.1 billion . Thomas Nyhan, Executive Director of CSPF, promptly lost all of that (and a couple billion dollars more) between 2007 and 2009 due to his "expert" investment advise. For this, he pays himself $694,000 annually, including the $34,000 raise he gave himself in 2014. There is no way the fund is going to get the huge number of new participants needed to survive. Hoffa is making sure of that with allowing the UPS exit, the YRC contract "adjustment" cutting fund contributions and now pushing to have Kroger also exit the fund, by starting their own separate pension fund. ABFer is giving solid advice. It's always best to abandon a sinking ship. The only hope for Holland and New Penn is to somehow separate themselves from the bloodsucker YRCW, and that is not likely to happen. Good Luck.
Just thinking about all of that makes my stomach turn. :9529: