Holland | Might move south

I'm not disagreeing with your point of view but it's a sad day that teamsters are recommending non union jobs.
I was a Teamster since about 1970 until late 2007. In that time period, I always worked Teamster jobs and with the exception of a few months in
Local 710 - (Chicago) and another few months in Denver's Western Conference, I have always been a CSPF contributor/participant - no breaks in service, ever, and every company paid into the fund their FULL amount required and I never participated in any give-back Ponzi scheme dreamed up by company officials, only designed to line their own pockets.
.After over 37 years of a promised secure, guaranteed pension, it has turned into a lie by the Local, the IBT and the CSPF. Hoffa and Thomas Nyhan have done nothing to secure the Fund, and Hoffa has done nothing for the members. Membership is now the lowest since 1950 and dropping. Corruption is still rampant. The Teamsters and the Democrats that have always claimed to be "For The Working Class" have turned their backs on us (especially the Teamster Freight Division). I believed in the Teamsters until Hoffa allowed the UPS exit and effectively sealed the fate of CSPF and over 200,000 retirees and another 200,000 future retirees.

Talking about high jacking a thread. Goes from a fellow teamster asking for info about southern terminals to union corruption and why would you won't to be in this union. Pathetic c
It's like evolution...and the teamsters suck.

Talking about high jacking a thread. Goes from a fellow teamster asking for info about southern terminals to union corruption and why would you won't to be in this union. Pathetic c
NewPenn22 was asking about a better place to go. Do you want an honest opinion or do you just want to hear nice things about YRC?
It's a sad fact that both YRC and the Teamster organization have both turned on their people (members and employees). I hate to see it happening, but it has. Fred Zuckerman said it all lately about the Teamsters under Hoffa. He said the Teamsters under the NMFA once numbered 400,000, but now, under Hoffa, Jr., they are just a shadow of what they once were, They now number only 75,000. Those numbers speak for themselves.The Teamsters as a whole, now have the lowest membership since since 1949 - 50. Something is very wrong, especially in the Freight Division.
As for Yellow - they changed everything about their company except for their management style and their inability to run a company. They changed the name to YRC. They changed the logo. They changed the color of the trucks. They changed their symbol on the stock exchange.
All in an attempt to clean up their image and bad reputation among the public, the customers, their employees and their stockholders. It didn't work. They are still the Cancer of the Industry and teetering on bankruptcy in spite of being one of the lowest paying trucking companies out there.
Those that can leave are leaving. Finding new, qualified people to hire is next to impossible Even the middle managers are leaving.
Those are the ugly facts. ABFer was simply using logic in his opinion to NewPenn22. If a driver is young enough and can do it - why not start fresh somewhere else - even if it IS a non-union company. YRC, the Teamsters and the CSPF certainly don't have much to offer anymore.You can sugarcoat crap, but that does not change the fact that it's still crap on the inside. The IBT and YRCW have created this, not the members or the employees.

Last edited:
NewPenn22 was asking about a better place to go. Do you want an honest opinion or do you just want to hear nice things about YRC?
It's a sad fact that both YRC and the Teamster organization have both turned on their people (members and employees). I hate to see it happening, but it has. Fred Zuckerman said it all lately about the Teamsters under Hoffa. He said the Teamsters under the NMFA once numbered 400,000, but now, under Hoffa, Jr., they are just a shadow of what they once were, They now number only 75,000. Those numbers speak for themselves.The Teamsters as a whole, now have the lowest membership since since 1949 - 50. Something is very wrong, especially in the Freight Division.
As for Yellow - they changed everything about their company except for their management style and their inability to run a company. They changed the name to YRC. They changed the logo. They changed the color of the trucks. They changed their symbol on the stock exchange.
All in an attempt to clean up their image and bad reputation among the public, the customers, their employees and their stockholders. It didn't work. They are still the Cancer of the Industry and teetering on bankruptcy in spite of being one of the lowest paying trucking companies out there.
Those that can leave are leaving. Finding new, qualified people to hire is next to impossible Even the middle managers are leaving.
Those are the ugly facts. ABFer was simply using logic in his opinion to NewPenn22. If a driver is young enough and can do it - why not start fresh somewhere else - even if it IS a non-union company. YRC, the Teamsters and the CSPF certainly don't have much to offer anymore.You can sugarcoat crap, but that does not change the fact that it's still crap on the inside. The IBT and YRCW have created this, not the members or the employees.
:smiliewhs::6788:Good or bad I find it best to face the truth. I find it much better to be armed with the truth than to hide behind ideals and pretend that the truth does not exist.

And many of them act like we're the guilty ones for talking about it, we didn't create the situation, we're just living in it.
well, the teamsters that have voted in previous years ARE at least partly if not fully to blame for the leaders that were elected as well as the broke pension... they even re-elected hoffa again in 2016, theyre still paying those crooks managing the cspf 700k per year! if it were up to hoffa they wouldnt tell us anything except who to vote for in the national elections (democrats), foia would be ignored and we wouldnt be able to vote to elect our union leaders.

If I was moving somewhere I wouldn't pick a YRC company to work for and I would probably look hard at going non union. I'd do the math, wages vs health insurance. Particularly in the ATL area, where they are in the CSPF, where you will donate to the Fund and get nothing in return.
Yep. Unfortunately, your assessment is an exercise in the common sense that many of us have already had to make.

I guess all these guys that talk up the insurance plan must have utilities that accept team care for payment...
Yep.
Bank manager: Sir, you are late on your mortgage again this month, when can I expect to receive your payment?

Teamster Driver: Grab a piece of paper and pen Sir and I will give you my health insurance policy number, that should square us up.
:nono h4h:

I heard holland treats there rd guys good.
I drove for them from Jan '92 til Nov '07. During that time it was the 2nd best company I'd ever worked for.. (All-American / American Freight System was my best 16 1/2 yrs - closed in '88) During my time at Holland it was real good, too. The company actually trusted the line haul drivers. All terminals (inc office areas) were wide open at all terminals otherwise closed during the night with no supervisors on duty. You just did your pick and kick, called in, locked up and left. (Something that was absolutely unheard of during my short stay at Yellow, where drivers were basically treated like dirt and were not allowed inside dark terminals at all - just in lobby or some only had a box on the wall outside to sign in & out - no trust whatsoever). That "good time" at Holland was prior to the Yellow takeover. It may be much different now. I know from talking to some of my friends still there that the morale is way down and it's hard to get good people to even apply due to YRC amd the MOU, but there must still be a lot of good people there that haven't quit or retired yet, It was nice and to work for a company that treated a driver with respect and trust instead of being treated like an untrustworthy low-life like at Yellow.
Hopefully some of the things that made Holland a good company to work for are still there in spite of YRC.

If for nothing more than a contract and work rules alone a union job is still a much better job.This industry needs a union.I'm not saying it's perfect...nothing is.
Yup, you're right provided you are lucky enough to be in a good local and have a BA that's worth his salt. Some are not and are only there to collect a paycheck and get all the percs. Without good representation the contract and work rules are useless.

Yup, you're right provided you are lucky enough to be in a good local and have a BA that's worth his salt. Some are not and are only there to collect a paycheck and get all the percs. Without good representation the contract and work rules are useless.
This also describes some of the Drivers and Dock Employees as well..."........ONLY THERE FOR THE PAY CHECK and TO WHINE !!!!!!!!!

There's also the issue of security. Non unions have no protection from management witch hunts. They fire for any reason anytime. Unions offer some protection from that.