TForce | might want to get some facts!

steve5 said:
Right now NMFA looks real good.
Steve,
The NMFA looks good all the time. The former O guys should look at what had been done to the former MC guys and see the signs of things to come. There should be no satisfaction from seeing the MC guys get screwed in the merger....there should only be solidarity and the desire for all of you guys to make advances as a group. It's all up to you guys.

stldude44 said:
Steve,
The NMFA looks good all the time. The former O guys should look at what had been done to the former MC guys and see the signs of things to come. There should be no satisfaction from seeing the MC guys get screwed in the merger....there should only be solidarity and the desire for all of you guys to make advances as a group. It's all up to you guys.

It is a total "Can't see it from my house" situation. Just wait til they get affected.....

stldude44 said:
Steve,
No one was more positive than me about this whole UPS thing, I left another company to come back here because of it. It was pretty disapointing to find out in the first meeting what was going to happen. Before that the union never crossed my mind. They probably figured that we were a small part of the company so who cares. But like you said this is where it starts, if you don't belive that ask any Estes West employee. GI was a great non-union company, they paid for every thing and they were top on cpm and hourly (non union of course). It all started with the pension and has not stopped since. I've said this before the time is now, we have a great opportunity for a better future, company men included.

steve5 said:
No one was more positive than me about this whole UPS thing, I left another company to come back here because of it. It was pretty disapointing to find out in the first meeting what was going to happen. Before that the union never crossed my mind. They probably figured that we were a small part of the company so who cares. But like you said this is where it starts, if you don't belive that ask any Estes West employee. GI was a great non-union company, they paid for every thing and they were top on cpm and hourly (non union of course). It all started with the pension and has not stopped since. I've said this before the time is now, we have a great opportunity for a better future, company men included.
Boy Steve, am I on the same page as you!!! The promise as of last fall looked great, then this spring they started taking away. The delay is a BIG DEAL. Paychecks are much lower even with the mileage raises. I don't see them giving us back what they just took away. If that were a possibility, then why didn't they just bring the O up to the MC then??

WIGGLEWAGON said:
Boy Steve, am I on the same page as you!!! The promise as of last fall looked great, then this spring they started taking away. The delay is a BIG DEAL. Paychecks are much lower even with the mileage raises. I don't see them giving us back what they just took away. If that were a possibility, then why didn't they just bring the O up to the MC then??
I agree, I'm kind of disappointed with some of the people I talked to about a contract because they said their worried about a strike, you see, the DVD scared them. Well I guess Overnite management knows how to do one thing good and that is hypnotizing and keeping the employee beat down. You Management guys should be proud, your propaganda is working.

The thing to keep, in mind here is that with all of the competition today in LTL and Parcel, neither side wants a strike......neither side! Does UPS really want to be so hardcore against you guys to not recognize the Teamsters when you join and force a strike? The answer is NO! They DO NOT want to give any of the competition a leg up. They bought you O and MC to work you, not to force you to strike. The threats are meaningless. They would not force you to the point of a strike, because they would lose too much money by doing so. Sure, they have alot of money, but they didn't get it by just throwing it away. You guys really have the ball in your court and they know it or you wouldn't be seeing phony videos and hearing threats. UPS will walk all over you at the first sign of weakness.

stldude44 said:
The thing to keep, in mind here is that with all of the competition today in LTL and Parcel, neither side wants a strike......neither side! Does UPS really want to be so hardcore against you guys to not recognize the Teamsters when you join and force a strike? The answer is NO! They DO NOT want to give any of the competition a leg up. They bought you O and MC to work you, not to force you to strike. The threats are meaningless. They would not force you to the point of a strike, because they would lose too much money by doing so. Sure, they have alot of money, but they didn't get it by just throwing it away. You guys really have the ball in your court and they know it or you wouldn't be seeing phony videos and hearing threats. UPS will walk all over you at the first sign of weakness.
I totally agree! But it is hard to convince some of these guys especially if they were on the fence that crummy DVD pushed them over to the company side. Call me a pessimist but I can see it now, on top of the cuts allready, MNGMT: Well, were going to raise the layover time to 15 hrs- Freight is slow so were going to hold the cpm this year- We decided in the best intrest of the company were going to freeze the pension- no layover pay now- your fuel and shop time and terminal delay is now in your cpm- ect... This all can happen because the company I came from it has happened, it is up to us.

steve5 said:
I totally agree! But it is hard to convince some of these guys especially if they were on the fence that crummy DVD pushed them over to the company side. Call me a pessimist but I can see it now, on top of the cuts allready, MNGMT: Well, were going to raise the layover time to 15 hrs- Freight is slow so were going to hold the cpm this year- We decided in the best intrest of the company were going to freeze the pension- no layover pay now- your fuel and shop time and terminal delay is now in your cpm- ect... This all can happen because the company I came from it has happened, it is up to us.
I wouldn't doubt that what you describe might happen with nothing to stop them from doing so. Remember guys, without a collective bargaining agreement, they call all of the shots.......all of them.

Oh, wait....I forgot.....UPS is gonna see the light and make everything ok.....if you just wait until....I think it's next year now!

stldude44 said:
I wouldn't doubt that what you describe might happen with nothing to stop them from doing so. Remember guys, without a collective bargaining agreement, they call all of the shots.......all of them.

Oh, wait....I forgot.....UPS is gonna see the light and make everything ok.....if you just wait until....I think it's next year now!
This is not UPS yet only in ownership, I really would like to know if since Mike E. did not know about the DVD (and if that is even true) if he knows about the cuts and the rest of the "un-UPS-like" conduct by current management. I'm willing to bet they have more in store for us.

steve5 said:
This is not UPS yet only in ownership, I really would like to know if since Mike E. did not know about the DVD (and if that is even true) if he knows about the cuts and the rest of the "un-UPS-like" conduct by current management. I'm willing to bet they have more in store for us.
My guess (having paid attention to how UPS operates for a long time now) is that if you guys, as a group, show that no matter what they do to you you'll just accept it and go on, you, as a group are going to be very unhappy with what they come up with and how they treat you.

stldude44 said:
My guess (having paid attention to how UPS operates for a long time now) is that if you guys, as a group, show that no matter what they do to you you'll just accept it and go on, you, as a group are going to be very unhappy with what they come up with and how they treat you.
All of what is happening is upsetting almost to the point of regret. Well, I know what I need to do, just hope everyone else realizes that the company is for the company, they need no help. Help yourselves out.

Did they not already take away the lay over pay? Or was that just the meal pay.... Was told I will not be paid for standing around doing nothing, but oh yeah I'm 282 miles from home doing nothing......

Trouble is whatever is wrong with our company.Others..

also have their problems.
You'll never find the perfect company to work at.

Although as far as organizing you've got to ask yourself which is worse a company that has its short comings?

Or the Teamsters with their hollow promises of how their going to straighten our company out, to where they will give us respect,better money,and benefits.
Just by signing on the dotted line.

As for me as much as I don't completly trust any business,I trust the Teamsters much less.

Apostolic said:
also have their problems.
You'll never find the perfect company to work at.

Although as far as organizing you've got to ask yourself which is worse a company that has its short comings?

Or the Teamsters with their hollow promises of how their going to straighten our company out, to where they will give us respect,better money,and benefits.
Just by signing on the dotted line.

As for me as much as I don't completly trust any business,I trust the Teamsters much less.
Let me run down just a couple things that need, in my opinion, immediate attention:
Management and HR favoritism (I understand this is a regional problem, maybe not.)
Here I go beating down this poor animal again, pay cut ie: delay time.
Is just me or is anybody else getting shorted on their paychecks, I don't mean what they don't pay for any more, I mean earned or unearned (delay) pay that is still being paid. Every check I have has been short and I have to go back thru pay slips and reprove that I am entitled to the shorted pay.
I am giving it to you straight on this, I am not one of those employees that get what they want and keep wanting more. I we could only get the delay pay back ( and this would benefit the employees company wide) the rest, in my opinion, would fall into place. I think in time the management thing would work itself out. Honestly, is this too much to ask? Right now I seriously doubt this will happen unless the employees force the issue, and I don't mean talking one on one I've already tried that.

How about circulating a pettion,terminal to terminal..

have everyone envolved sign,and write their comments than send it up the line to Leo.

Or would it have to go up highier to the UPS CEO?
I'm not sure about the chain of command any more?

But its always worth a try.
In these modern times of electronics, it would seem to me that something like this could happen.

Or maybe even the trucking boards could help with Jeff's premmision that is.

You could have a private message with each terminals contact to submite the names,and comments too.
Than have one main collection terminal,after everything is there send it on up the line.
I know a road driver that has e-mail address,and phone numbers of very high ranking Overnite/UPS Freight managers.

Well I hope this helps?
Not bad for an old guy what do you think?

Apostolic said:
have everyone envolved sign,and write their comments than send it up the line to Leo.

Or would it have to go up highier to the UPS CEO?
I'm not sure about the chain of command any more?

But its always worth a try.
In these modern times of electronics, it would seem to me that something like this could happen.

Or maybe even the trucking boards could help with Jeff's premmision that is.

You could have a private message with each terminals contact to submite the names,and comments too.
Than have one main collection terminal,after everything is there send it on up the line.
I know a road driver that has e-mail address,and phone numbers of very high ranking Overnite/UPS Freight managers.

Well I hope this helps?
Not bad for an old guy what do you think?

Apsotolic,

Personally, in my own opinion, without a written and signed contract, you and your coworkers would just be spitting into the wind. Gordon and Leo don't give a rat's a$$ how you or any of your coworkers feel. All they care about is the bottom line and how much is going into their pockets. Remember, I used to work for them before they went to Overnite. I find it funny how they travel from company to company as a team. They came to and left from Preston together. They went to Overnite together. When they leave UPSF, trust me, they will leave together. And one other thing, did you notice how in the video, Gordon said, "get it in writing"? Maybe you should have Gordon and Leo put down all their promises to your people in writing as well. (Like that will ever happen:duh: ). They made us promises at Preston also, and they never kept any of them. So, trust who you want, but if it were me, I wouldn't trust Leo or Gordon one bit.

Now you know thats not true..

Just about every news letter,or company magazine has Leo's mission statement in writting.

I'll say one thing for you.
You are a true blue Teamster.
I'm glad its working out for you so far.

As Far as Leo,and Gordon going together.
They must be friends to the end.
Good friends like they are is a very rare thing to find.

Going from company,to company like they've done.
Eash time they bring more knowledge of the business with them.

As far as leaving together,they seem like their up in age,and are still enjoying working with each other.

I'm sure when they leave UPS Freight, it will be in retirement to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Now this just may be my opinion,I'm not speaking for all my co-workers,but I do feel that they are interested in how their workers are doing.

After all have you ever noticed the sign on the back of all our trailers?
(Our people make the difference)

Now I hope I've addressed all of your concerns in my post.

Say hello to J.Hoffa jr. for me.