TForce | might want to get some facts!

Apostolic said:
I'm sure when they leave UPS Freight, it will be in retirement to enjoy the fruits of their labor..

Of course they will . They made their money .... And we get fed to the sharks !!!

I'm a little more worried about MY retirement than theirs .

Apostolic said:
Just about every news letter,or company magazine has Leo's mission statement in writting.

I'll say one thing for you.
You are a true blue Teamster.
I'm glad its working out for you so far.

As Far as Leo,and Gordon going together.
They must be friends to the end.
Good friends like they are is a very rare thing to find.

Going from company,to company like they've done.
Eash time they bring more knowledge of the business with them.

As far as leaving together,they seem like their up in age,and are still enjoying working with each other.

I'm sure when they leave UPS Freight, it will be in retirement to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Now this just may be my opinion,I'm not speaking for all my co-workers,but I do feel that they are interested in how their workers are doing.

After all have you ever noticed the sign on the back of all our trailers?
(Our people make the difference)

Now I hope I've addressed all of your concerns in my post.

Say hello to J.Hoffa jr. for me.
Well said!

Apostolic said:
Just about every news letter,or company magazine has Leo's mission statement in writting.

True blue is correct. And having worked both union and nonunion, I couldn't be happier.

If memory serves me correctly, before going to Preston, Leo and Gordon had been top executives at Yellow. At the time Yellow had been on a downward spiral and the purchase of Preston, Smalley, and Saia was a way for them to attain market share. Then low and behold, they come to Preston and continue taking Preston on their downward spiral at the expense of the employees in the way of a giveback. And we all iknow what eventually happened to Preston. Then on to Overnite where they continued to deprive their employees of what they rightly deserve. The only thing they ever took with them from one company to another was a multimillion dollar severence package for themselves. If it wasn't for UPS, who knows how far they would have taken you and your company down.
As far as leaving together,they seem like their up in age,and are still enjoying working with each other.

I'm sure when they leave UPS Freight, it will be in retirement to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
Just like every other company, they will leave after negotiating the best possible severence package they can muster.

Now this just may be my opinion,I'm not speaking for all my co-workers,but I do feel that they are interested in how their workers are doing.

Wow....a sign on the back of the trailers....how nice.
Let's see.....where have I seen that saying before?
Oh yeah, I remember...this is where......
df16_sml.jpg

Gee I wonder if UPS will keep that saying once all the rebranding is complete?

Hello Jimmy:smilie_132:

Apostolic said:

I think the "our people make the difference" meant they were suckers in managements view.

bunypnutdad said:
Befor we start jumping on the union band wagon,lets get so facts. Goto www.unionfacts.com this site is ran by union members read up on it. It NOT anti-union. Look at what the members don't like then ask yourself if you want to put you dog in that race?

http://www.unionfacts.com

The Center for Union Facts is a non-profit organization supported by foundations, businesses, union members, and the general public. We are dedicated to showing Americans the truth about today's union leadership......

Do not be fooled by this BS....it is sponsed by the Right To Work Foundation, and is VERY anti-union!............KK

serta said:
lol, well suckers is a strong word, naive?
Ask all the Phoenix,Az San Diego, Rialto and LA Line Drivers if the're suckers now that the new bids have come out. Dip sh$t Leo's gonna ride it all the way to the bottom !!!! We'll talk again on the 17th