FedEx Freight | MileMarker CD

Rattlesnake

TB Lurker
Credits
I need to go back and listen to the May MileMarker again, but I think I strongly disagree with the second scenario on the " Preventable or Not" section....Did anybody else get a bad feeling about it.??

Have to listen to it again I guess.
What was it that bothered you Rattlesnake?

The scenario is that a FXF road driver is on a three lane highway and the right line becomes an exit only lane ..He is in the middle lane when a car comes up on his right side at the last minute and jumps into his lane, missing him...As he is distracted by that car, a second car comes up on his right side and attempts to jump in front of him, striking our truck on the front right corner....The Milemarker CD then says that our driver had a preventable accident because he did not see the second car.... I am not sure how that could be possible if the car was that clearly in violation of the law. It did not elaborate on how the driver would have been expected to avoid the wreck even if he saw the car...Perhaps they want our driver to jerk the steering wheel to the left and lock up his brakes?????????????????????????????????????

Let me finish ....
And roll the set into the ditch killing our driver!!!!!!!!!
That is what happens when people that make the rules never drove the trucks ,
like some other things that go on here.

Smokestack said:
Let me finish ....
And roll the set into the ditch killing our driver!!!!!!!!!
That is what happens when people that make the rules never drove the trucks ,
like some other things that go on here.

Its probably cheaper for one of us to die,rather then the motoring public!:nutkick:

What about the one where the city driver pulls the wire down. I thought the smith system teaches us to get the big picture.:chairshot:

According to the American Trucking Association, if you are breathing and are in the truck, any accident is preventable. Whether or not it is chargeable is another matter.