ABF | Military Training

Sumting Wong

TB Lurker
Credits
Are any of the drivers coming out of the Military Training program staying? A foreign terminal that I drive to had one quit after 6 months and that is the longest that I know of. Most are quitting within 3 months.

Are any of the drivers coming out of the Military Training program staying? A foreign terminal that I drive to had one quit after 6 months and that is the longest that I know of. Most are quitting within 3 months.

Hah! I said so! Schneider tried the same thing a number of years ago,......and their military-hiring program failed...........Military people are used to being treated with a certain amount of respect,.........and,.....this is trucking,......where the corporate model is to take advantage of inexperience,....and use and abuse every new-hire they can.

ABF's program,.....like Schneider's,...is probably a very good and noble idea,............Put separating Vets in a good, family-sustaining job.......

Problem is good, family-sustaining jobs in trucking don't start until you've made it to the middle of the seniority list.