R&L | Milk division

Credits
Has anyone else heard that greenwood/paramount/r&l is buying a milk division. The rumor is that sr. Says that is the cheapest way to keep roby's bottle full.

He has a higher taste than milk,,,,maybe champagne??

And Budwiser is out of contention,,,,maybe something in the TN/KY area.....

Slow the trucks down some more and they can age it while shipping. :hysterical:

HAHA, thats a good one driver. I myself am a team driver that is being pushed out by Paramount, which is Roby's company from what I am being told by the powers up above (wil). This is the truth guys!! I was told that if I stay as a company driver that eventually I would be out of a team job, there were going to eliminate team drivers from my state and go to all o/o's. BUT if I want to go over to Paramount, with a $5,000 sign on bonus I am guaranteed a 6000 mile week at .90 per mile PLUS fuel surcharge, I would get all my benefits, still get to go to all the resorts for free and would basically get what ever run I wanted that any other company team has at this time. I know this is a fact because at my terminal they have already taken away dedicated runs from teams and gave them to Paramount, and the company teams have to take what is left and hope to run 2 to 3 days a week. I know alot of you linehaul drivers think that this doesn't effect you, but you need to pay attention and don't get caught with your pants down, because it's coming your way too!!! I know that in the past R&L has been a stable place to work, but times are changing and the younger generation does things different, when you have basically had things given to you all your life it is hard to appreciate what got it all to start with!!! I'm sure you all know where I'm coming from. I hope everyone has took their blinders off and look out for your own best interest and not for the Roberts. I was told by my supervisor that if I happen to find a another good job that I or anyone else would be a fool not to really look hard at taking it, the company is head in a differnt direction.

It would be a smart idea to start picking up our own fuel from the refinery. I know New Century has their own tanker for picking up fuel.

I met Roby out west about six months ago he gave a driver a second chance that got terminated he heard he had five kids was in trouble, we told him about it the driver was back to work the next day. rumor out west is old pres. started parmount. the family is bringing all flex drivers back into rl as company people. I think untill you meet someone it not good for the company to have a bash fest. he seemed like a normal hard working guy. mater of fact after our meeting he was backing trailer up to the dock ( he did a better job than our yard jockey,by the way we ask to see his cdl he had it in his pocket I'm sure he has alot but he didnt act like it. to me he seemed like he really cared about the drivers and the dock workers. The rl I work at is positive and we want to take the company to the next level some of these comments our poison to our future and serve no purpose maybe true but not the guy we met on our dock out west.

The teams are having a rough time right now. If you've been here awhile you've seen this before,if you haven't just ask someone who has been here for awhile. I personally think that this paramont thing will play itself out. I know that they haven't been pulling out of here as much. It's the outside carriers that are killing us. Once things pick up you won't as many of them around. If they are paying only paying 90 cents per mile the outside carriers will move on when there is better money out there to make. All you have to do is ride it out. If you can't afford to ride it out then you may need to check around for what's out there. I hate to see all this happening,but someone had an idea of how to reinvent the wheel.

:chairshot:as i said in a different post, these com panies are trying different strategies to survivie and cut cost. i too have over the years seem the family do some good things for the employees, but have tried some things that did not work so well.in the case of paramount, i originally thought it was a good idea,have your own o/o, pay yourself, cut out the outside companies. then it was supposed to be truckload only.then they were taking dedicated?,assigned turns away from comoany teams and giving them to paramount.not helping us there. then they git the idea to put lower paid flex drivers on slip single runs. dont seem to be for the employees there either.just hop they stop experimenting before a lot of us are gone.how come we did not try using employees, and askinf[g them to take a reduced work week, or temporary pay cut, etc. i would still rather work here 4 days a week than most anywhere else 5.

:TR10driving03:left lane cruiser, i do understand what you are saying. jan,, and feb., are always tough here.been here a good while and know that, but it still is hard to set at home knowing as you said they are using outside carriers, and paramount trucks. a couple of years ago this slowdown happened, r&l stopped using outside carriers til it picked back up.not so this year.kind of makes you feel a little more threatened, not worth as much to company.

Just wondering has the same feelings as I do, we (my partner and myself) plus other teams at my terminal offered to run only 3 to 4 days aweek to spread the loads out to all the teams, so everybody could work, but was told no! went on vacation came back to a phone call saying stay home tonite check in tommorrow to see if we have anything for you, when I asked about my dedicated run that I had been on for 2 years, now to me that is not in company employees best interest. Not only was my team shut down 2 others and replaced with Paramount! Now I know over the years R&L has been good, but times change and they change and when it comes down to it nobody is more importatnt to them than their family and their lifestyle, so if my job after 11 years with the company 9 of that on team truck is that easy for them to give away then I don't feel very important to the company. I hope all of you that keep defending every move they make one day is in the same position, because then I would like to read your post. Instead of telling us to quit bashing maybe you will understand and have compassion for for your fellow employee.

I met Roby out west about six months ago he gave a driver a second chance that got terminated he heard he had five kids was in trouble, we told him about it the driver was back to work the next day. rumor out west is old pres. started parmount. the family is bringing all flex drivers back into rl as company people. I think untill you meet someone it not good for the company to have a bash fest. he seemed like a normal hard working guy. mater of fact after our meeting he was backing trailer up to the dock ( he did a better job than our yard jockey,by the way we ask to see his cdl he had it in his pocket I'm sure he has alot but he didnt act like it. to me he seemed like he really cared about the drivers and the dock workers. The rl I work at is positive and we want to take the company to the next level some of these comments our poison to our future and serve no purpose maybe true but not the guy we met on our dock out west.

I'm glad you got that impression about him.Id love to give you my impression about him or any other Roberts or any big wig from OH for that matter however they don't visit us,EVER.Not when we opened or any time since.The only joy we get is a visit from sponge bob every once and a while and we aren't too fond of that.

I'm glad you got that impression about him.Id love to give you my impression about him or any other Roberts or any big wig from OH for that matter however they don't visit us,EVER.Not when we opened or any time since.The only joy we get is a visit from sponge bob every once and a while and we aren't too fond of that.

then how can you judge someone you have never met

we've never seen a roberts in scranton either although we did see the vp of operations last year when our terminal was in the worst shape ever. i think the roberts are afraid to visit sponge bobs territory because they would see what his low operating costs did to everybody. i mean, why else would they keep such a a**hole?

I dont how we can put down the family as we do when 2.5 million was given away in xmas bonus all driver out west laid off got a check in mail out of the blue. maybe i see things different but i saw ups with a owner op pulling freight last week. in my mind if they dont cut cost they will not be here at all i see more rl teams than owner ops out west again this talk is poison to all of us if you hate the family why stay there its a big world out.

I dont how we can put down the family as we do when 2.5 million was given away in xmas bonus all driver out west laid off got a check in mail out of the blue. maybe i see things different but i saw ups with a owner op pulling freight last week. in my mind if they dont cut cost they will not be here at all i see more rl teams than owner ops out west again this talk is poison to all of us if you hate the family why stay there its a big world out.

What the heck are you talking about?No one said they hate the family.You have to have some kind of contact with them to draw a conclusion about whether you hate them or not.I have never met any of them.That is all I said.5 yrs and no contact with them is a bit strange,that is all.Try reading the post instead of assuming half way through.

Where did I say anything about judging anyone other than Sponge bob? I have met him too many times.

you said on your post you would love to give your impression of him or any other one of the roberts or any big wig from wil... isn't that judging someone you say you have never met before getting the facts about them.

big wig is a title for a head man in charge.....I am sure he would like to meet another rep from R&L other than Bob H. Due to the size of the company it is extremely difficult for the family to visit every terminal. Any company this size you generally do not see the higher ups at a facility, however the difference with this family they do send money out via drawing and contest....and they match 401k which is huge

big wig is a title for a head man in charge.....I am sure he would like to meet another rep from R&L other than Bob H. Due to the size of the company it is extremely difficult for the family to visit every terminal. Any company this size you generally do not see the higher ups at a facility, however the difference with this family they do send money out via drawing and contest....and they match 401k which is huge
thats funny, i thought the company just started covering the whole country just last year. when i started in 05 r&l only covered roughly half the country. and no matter how big it is, i would still like to occasionally visit properties that i own.

you said on your post you would love to give your impression of him or any other one of the roberts or any big wig from wil... isn't that judging someone you say you have never met before getting the facts about them.

No ,I said I would love to give my impressions of them but I haven't met them therefor I cant.Again,try reading the post completely.