R&L | Milk division

By saying "shop" you are giving yourself away as a union man. We don't call a terminal a shop. As far as us going out west,I wish that we never had. There was suposed to be soooo much freight coming out of there that we geared up for it,and nothing. It was a flop for the rest of us,a let down. I understand that they want to be a "National Carrier",but bigger isn't always better. I think expanding out west has put a strain on the whole company. We were doing just fine without the west coast. As far as you grabagear,if you are in management you should not be on here name calling and argueing with people. With more and more of our runs being given to outside carriers we should all be sticking together,worrying about how to keep a job. I really do have alot of respect for Sr.,but I'm seeing more and more long time employees losing their runs. People who have been here 17 or 18 years,people who helped build this company from the ground up in this area. Without them there would not be an R&L to even speak of. It boggles my mind how someone could throw away an employee who has dedicated their life to you,all to save a dollar when things slow down. The company is still making money,and there is no stock to fall. I beleive that it's all about the bonuses,the more they save the bigger the bonus. Why not cut out their bonuses and keep the people you KNOW you can count on. What's going to happen when the economy picks back up and we have freight falling off the dock. Those outside carriers will be able to make more money elsewhere and will move on to do so. R&L will be looking to their drivers to step it up and run hard and there will be no drivers around for them to turn to. I hate to say it ,but R&L is being severly mismanaged right now. If Sr. is back in charge then he has lost his edge--or getting bad advice.

Who said Shop??

Sorry,wrong guy on the shop thing,but you still seem have a bad attitude toward us. We are all just employees here,but most of us do like our jobs and the company.

You know LLC, this is the internet otherwise know as the WORLD WIDE WEB.
So you may see regional terms for things that aren't exactly like you're become accustomed to using yourself.

For example the term I use to describe my terminal is "the yard".

Same here. I guess that it's a regional thing. If you are in an area with alot of union people you probably pick up on their lingo--go read the yellow/roadway blogs to see what I'm talking about.

Wow,I didn't know that the union had a patent on the word shop.Go figure.I have not ever been a union freight driver however there is nothing wrong with being a union freight driver or a non union freight driver.That being said,shop,terminal or yard are all acceptable unless you are very anal and think that it matters a damn.

As far as I'm concerned they are.To say I must be union because of a word I used is silly.All you have to do is look at my profile to see who I am.I actually filled the whole thing in unlike some people.

Sorry,wrong guy on the shop thing,but you still seem have a bad attitude toward us. We are all just employees here,but most of us do like our jobs and the company.

maybe I do at times but when I go to work had here 5/6 guys *****ing about there job all the time I think maybe they should be glad to have one seeing that the tricking industry isn't in the best of shape. I'm venting like the rest of you and it wouldn't be professional of me to do it at work.

I think alot has to do with your age and some of it has to do the region you worked. We had a driver here in Lebanon that would refer to the (yard/terminal/shop) as the plant. He used to drive me nuts sometimes when talking to him until I realized he was talking about the insane asylum...ooops I meant the terminal.

all you R&L guys are sooooo entertaining, I miss my old buddies at the DEN yd, but life here at Fed Ex is very good, and the money soooo much better with the higher top pay and ot and better benefits, but I do enjoy catching up on some of the old bs that the mgmt at RL seems to put out on a daily basis, keep up the entertainment guys so that I can keep having something to to smile about on a nightly basis> Hello to all my former workmates at DEN

all you R&L guys are sooooo entertaining, I miss my old buddies at the DEN yd, but life here at Fed Ex is very good, and the money soooo much better with the higher top pay and ot and better benefits, but I do enjoy catching up on some of the old bs that the mgmt at RL seems to put out on a daily basis, keep up the entertainment guys so that I can keep having something to to smile about on a nightly basis> Hello to all my former workmates at DEN

I'm sure it doesn't compare to the BS that our mgmt at FX puts out an a daily basis:biglaugh:

I'm sure it doesn't compare to the BS that our mgmt at FX puts out an a daily basis:biglaugh:

Well put,And I know.American freightways driver and fed ex freight driver for too long.I liked Amercan but Fed Ex drove me away with the BS and lack of hours.

I know a few drivers from the Pocono fed ex terminal and they don't work ever day and they have been there for a long time so they can't be doing all that good.

I know guys that work for FXF & FXN. They are going through the same thing that all the other companies are going through right now. I do think YRC has a rough road ahead of them. I wish all involved best of luck. That's all we need is thousands more drivers unemployed.