Million Dollar Bail

IMAGES: Tractor-Trailer Crash Scene - Photos - WGAL Lancaster
Heres another report on this accident.
The driver is only 36 years old,he will have a long time to look back and think of how he could of prevented this.

All it takes is a split second to take you mind off what your doing,and a life time to regret the mistake you made.
So to all of my fellow drivers,keep focused on what your doing at all times,and be safe out there.

let me start by saying my sympathies go out to the family of the man killed but a 1,000,000 bail? seems a little stiff for an accident. people don't get that for delibertly killing someone. wonder if there's more to the story than what's in the article? nemf driver kills 8 a few months back and there were no charges filed. go figure.

It kind of makes you wonder about what the police found during their investigation. You have to keep in mind that the police and the prosecutors don't levy these kind of charges with little or no reason. I suspect that they found something rather incriminating during their investigation that compelled them to file these charges against the driver. It is truy sad that it has come to this. But as always the driver and the state of Pennsylvania will have their day in court and hopefully justice will be served.

Bail is not a form of punishment in our legal system, although I wonder some times.

Definition of bail: Security, usually a sum of money, exchanged for the release of an arrested person as a guarantee of that person's appearance for trial.

I believe also that he would only have to come up with about 10% of that which would be 100,000.00 which is still a formidble amount and very difficult to scrape together for the average working joe. I wonder if the defendants occupation would have anything to do with it. since he wasn't from Pennsylvania. I guess they wanted to make sure he would be there for his court date.

Most bail amounts are based on ther severity of the crime and risk of flight in this case he's from out of state and judging by his name may or may not be a citizen

Most bail amounts are based on ther severity of the crime and risk of flight in this case he's from out of state and judging by his name may or may not be a citizen

Wait till the mexican trucks get here. Habla, log book senor? Safe truck? I don need show you no safe truck. We don need no stinkin safe trucks.

That 81/83 split goes around a bend on a overpass and should have more flashing lights and arrows to warn drivers. It is a very old and outdated design to curve around like that into a split with another road merging into 1. Anyway rule of thumb to all super truckers, Any off ramps, go 5 miles an hour under the posted speed limit .....You see this all the time(Stupid car less Practice) I ran this off ramp everyday and I Would have many over the road (I can faster than You Big, bad, hammer down lifetime truckers,) Go around me at 55-60 miles an hour. Remember, any load can shift at any time in all weather and road conditions. If There Is A Ramp Or Split, Gear Down,Apply Engine Breaks when Permitted. And Yes I Am A ***** and not out to prove to truck drivers like you and drivers I work with that i can go faster around off ramps than me....Go for it. I'll have a CDL until I retire and you will be 6 feet under, in Jail, On Disability, Or back in the warehouse at Best. SLOW DOWN SUPER TRUCKERS. THE SAME GUYS ARE THE ONES THAT DRIVE LIKE THIS IN THE SNOW TOO.....

let me start by saying my sympathies go out to the family of the man killed but a 1,000,000 bail? seems a little stiff for an accident. people don't get that for delibertly killing someone. wonder if there's more to the story than what's in the article? nemf driver kills 8 a few months back and there were no charges filed. go figure.

He wasnt charged because he was plugging in his cell phone from what I read in an article. If it was me I would be tried and fried.......:hide:

Well there has to be more to the story than what your hearing. It is odd that they aren't saying more about why the high bail, usually the press wants to blurt out anything wrong that a truckdriver has done.