Minimum wage debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toby, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

as always, these people hurt the most the people that they claim they want to help
    that of course has me really worried because now, they want to help the middle class :hide:

2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Your twisting this is the oldest trick in the Liberal playbook. This is reality here, not left wing loonyville. You can say this b.s. in every post if you chose to......but it still doesn't make it accurate. How does this trick read in the Rules for Radicals? Maybe something like........"If you say the same thing often enough, people will eventually believe it?" You need to get some new material, you're making yourself look foolish.

And never lump my statements that are directed at you, in with other truck drivers, because they are directed to you. Nice try at "rallying the troops" against the old Flashman, but we all see right through your b.s.

3. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

Soooo true

4. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

You said it, not me.

5. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

Well the thing is It will not be a all at one time $3 jump. .It will be eased in and it will take 3 years . I see your point if it came all at once. It will come in small increments All you guys that have small business would do well if more people had a little more spending money to buy off you all .

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

That's why I ask, if paying more artificially doesn't hurt the economy, than why raising it over 3 years?

7. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

like the frog in the pot
    turn up the heat gradually

of course now business does usually long term plan

8. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Not every year does the profits manage to increase Pup... Like I said, I have very pleased employees and dedicated... I think I'm doing something right.. BTW, how many employers hire folks at or above minimum wage and the employee finds out he can't cut it? That's money that the employer just threw out the window... So take three years to get to top pay? What of the employee finds something else during that time? There's no federal allocation to cover that... "Turning up the heat gradually"(bubbas analogy) will run you out of business.. Like I said, there are only 2 to 3 percent of the workforce carry the minimum wage badge.. And it's not all about "paying them more so they will spend more to buy off you all", it's about the person keeping a bit of their self-worth.. A sense of accomplishment... Meaning of existence... Not being just another "paycheck" collector..... I don't need the government to tell me what my people are worth, they can't run there own business and you want them to tell me how to run mine? No thanks..

9. Northern Flash

So today the Happy Meal is $7.00 and in three years it's $10.00, and that won't affect everyone? Then once it gets to 10 dollars in three years, we can start the process over again. So that means in 6 years we're paying 13 dollars for a Happy Meal.

Stoney's question is spot on. Why not just bump minimum wage up to 15 dollars over night if it is so great for everyone?

If I can't make a profit, the employees aren't needed, so they get cut loose and make no money. Which kills the economy. Kind of like the affects of BarryCare. It's cutting deep into my bottom line, so do you think I will raise wages for anyone. Heck no, I have to make cuts if anything.

10. kantgetryte

kantgetryte Well-Known Member

11. Northern Flash

12. Starkravinloon

You showed it not me... What's with the avatar? You trying to get all religious on us or what? Atheists usually don't display a religious symbolism... Not even sarcastically...

13. Northern Flash

I didn't say any such thing. Just more crap that you made up.

Mags used to fill the day with foolish posts, but since he's ridden off into the sunset, I'm glad to see you picking up the slack.

14. Starkravinloon

Argumentative people tend to to do that.... They have no base....

15. CCXdriver

Yes you did, look....

You're a hotshot big businessman, and I'm just a stupid truck driver. That's OK, it's the Internet, anyone can be anything they want.

And it was because of this question, which you wouldn't answer:

I'd really like to know. Have you be required to buy health insurance for your workers? Are they happier now? Why not just let them get their own? Is it less expensive for you to pay for it?

16. CCXdriver

What makes you think you know anything about me, or Atheists, for that matter?

In answer to your question, it is a bit sarcastic, thank you.

17. Northern Flash

You are the only one that has said anything close to "me" being some big shot. I've said a thousand times that I own a small business. What part of small don't you understand?
    You said it, not me. But that doesn't mean all truck drivers are as stupid as you are.

I've never said a single thing that was inaccurate about my personal life. You just keep reading into things that just don't exist. In fact, I'm honest to a fault because I have nothing to hide.

I might not have answered because it's none of your business. Do you think that I'd give you more bait to spin the way you want to? You just keep telling things any way that you want, and of course, making yourself look stupid. I enjoy watching it.

18. Northern Flash

By the way CCX, You yourself said that you were a driver "a couple of jobs ago". Which would leave me to believe that you are no longer a driver. Or was that just an internet lie that you speak of?

19. CCXdriver

No it's true. It's been awhile since I've been behind the wheel. But I remember what it's like, and never would refer to drivers as "steering wheel holders". I still treat them with the repeat they deserve.

20. CCXdriver

That's your right. But you did bring it up, without anyone asking.