Minimum wage debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toby, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Which one? The heart? The kidney? Lung?

Sorry couldn't resist.lol

2. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

He does kinda sound like Trick Dick, doesn't he.. Knows all.. Sees all. Done it all...LMAO.. Thing is, at least Tricky Dick was all the above...

3. Starkravinloon

How many million do you have under your belt buttercup? Some on here have probably drove more backing one up than you have driving one forward....LOL

4. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

First off let me say that I understand what your saying about small business owners. I understand for example that if your making mouse traps that sell for a quarter you don't have much room for raises . So I see the differences from the small folks verses the large mega corporations world wide Micky D ,Wal Mart Wendy's etc . that profit in the billions whats the down side to taking care the people that work for them . I don't know if you heard that Wal Mart had a food drive for the employees over the past holidays ? O and BTW the food had to be bought from Wal Mart . I doubt that you or the Loon or anyone else here would not take care the employees that are doing a good job in raising the bottom line if you made the profits they do .

5. Starkravinloon

But I have no desire to go world wide... But if I did, I would have done it younger than Dave, Sam and Koche... I would have made sure my company remained devoted to the customer... Try going into a Wal Mart, Wendy's or Micky D's and asking for something out of the ordinary.. They'll look at you like you stole something.,.... If your customer sees you are at least trying to help, they will return.... You may not be able to help them then, but your effort goes a long way, even if you area WalMart or Wendy's.. And you train your employees to react the same.... Their jobs depend on "the customer", and so does my business... I've completely given up on McDonalds.. They are strictly corporate to me.. I don't even go there anymore....

6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Then what brand of laxative to you use? White Castle? lol

7. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

He's cajun so it's Popeye's

8. Starkravinloon

I'm still pretty regular NF... Don't need help yet....LOL

9. Starkravinloon

No fried foods for me gamecock... Strictly healthy food.... I do eat my shrimp,crawfish and fish though.. But it's grilled or boiled... I still would like a bowl of that South Carolina stew though.... Man, that stuff is goooood....

10. Dick Dastardly

You've put me in the mood for a low country boil. I might have to break out my King Cooker outdoor pot this weekend. I love seafood.

11. Dick Dastardly

Why is it that people say raising the minimum wage would cause the cost of goods to sky rocket? Raising the minimum wage would only cut into obscene profits of corporations like Wal-Mart. If the cost goods go up, it is only because the greedy pigs refuse to give up a sliver of their lavish lifestyle. Watch as the Congressman from Tampa side steps the question of coming to work with an employee of Arbys for a day:

Congressman Tells Low-Income Worker: Higher Minimum Wage Is 'Not Right' | ThinkProgress

12. Dick Dastardly

The concept that some would say is that more money flooding the market devalues the dollar and "the cost of a big mac would be ten dollars" Well here is the problem with that argument. It would not be more money on the market, it would be the same amount of money, only distributed differently. The cost of production wouldn't change unless the greedy(there is that word again) refused to give up some, not all, of their obscene profits.

13. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Sooner or later Republican leadership like Rincus Pinkus had better come up with better talking points that what that Republican congressman said; Because it’s not right. Economically, it’s not right. It does more harm to our economy.

Then they wont' help the low income people out with a bite to eat or some heath care. If you won't help them with a raise and you won't give them something to what are they suppose to do to survive?

14. Dick Dastardly

15. Dick Dastardly

16. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

They could start at the bottom. .and work there way up.

17. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

You two never started anything ....you shouldn't even be allowed to vote.

18. Magoo

19. Magoo

I seen this guy in the same meeting answring questions about repealing Obama care.
    Bottom line is his answer to Health Care is Medical Savings Accounts
    WTF if I can't save enough for a cheap new car, how do I save for heart surgery?

20. Magoo

I wouldn't say that after all we got you started:36: