Minimum wage debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toby, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Yeah when they like your comment you got to figure you put it together wrong.

But you did mention your friends grocery has union membership. The unions need to organize the fast food shops all over America, tought to do most people work in one shop a short time then move to a competator

2. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Mickey D's, Wendy's, Burger King and the rest will never go for it.... People are addicted to fast food, the people will stand behind them...

3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Now why would someone do something as "uncool" as that when there's a govt. teat just waiting for you to latch on to.

4. Northern Flash

Or he lifted his head up out of the sand. Give it a try. lol

5. Northern Flash

The same people who want the minimum wage raised to 10.10 per hour, are the same people that eat 90% of their meals there, and will be forced to pay more for their food once the minimum wage goes up. They'll never get it.:duh:

6. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

Yes, it's union. It's not just a little grocery store, it's a major supermarket chain. If you're from the NE, you'll recognize it's name.

I said he created around 100 jobs, I was off. It's closer to 300. Right in the middle of Obamas Presidency, and Obamacare, and all that, he took his money, invested it, and created jobs. Some people think that's not happening.

7. Northern Flash

Based on the sluggish economy and job growth......it's not happening enough.

8. Magoo

People would want labor disputes solved in order to get their burgers

9. Magoo

Business is always a gamble, he took it and hopefully he does really well. A competitor may have wanted that location too but failed to act on it they lose out your friend wins.
    In Clearwater a number of years back the owner of a large mobile home park decided he was going to build commercial and forced all out of the park. Once these mobiles reach a certain age they just get scrapped out so the people have NOTHING. I was glad to see it sat empty for years (paying property taxs for no income)because of the depression. Just recently they built a Walmart grocery a WaWa is going in and half or the acreage is going to apartments.
    So I see here things are being built now so its no longer dead the economy is growing.
    Its a good time to open a good business, you just have to know what your doing, its not for the amateur. i would never attempt it again(maybe a boiled peanut and hot dog cart)

10. Starkravinloon

Nor is it for the nervous or weak minded.. I constantly have to be on the top of my game, just to keep up with techno stuff and taxation.. It's a dog eat dog world out there trying to run a business, and you don't always make the right decisions...

But, if you ahve good people around you, the business will run itself... I'm not big enough to be union, and these days, I don't know that I would support it willingly...

11. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

There is no way in h@#L...I would except 3% profit...lol. I've spent my entire life improving, and I gotta pay these losers a monthly ck.
    not preparing for the future is insanity. .. actually, we shouldn't even be talking about this..wtf.
    dont give me the tough childhood crappie either. Recover and seek help to improve. No Excuses !!

12. Starkravinloon

In our store, we could profit more, but it's around 10 to 20 percent.. But I'm small time too, and I pay my people well.. The larger stores or chains profit only 3 or 4 because of their overhead.. I would think that WalMart profits more, but they have a lot of irons in the fire too..

13. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

I hear ya. I'm tired of writing checks for people not working also. LMAO

14. RacerX69

RacerX69 Retired Gear Jammer/IBEW Retired/Wingnut

Must have.

Nope. You didn't.

Nope. Never said that.

Yep. Sure did.

Yep. I said that too.

Think whatever you wish, but no one was complaining. We took it upon ourselves to get a better wage package.

One of the other units (building maintenance) worked together and got their wage structure adjusted. Some of our guys noticed, and we talked it over, and then did the same thing.

The only people complaining were the management pukes who felt that they lost out after we negotiated a better pay scale. There was a union/management battle going on long before I hired in there in the late 1970's, it went on for the entire 30 years I worked there, and it continues today.

15. Magoo

This is what needs to be taken away, that there is no last time, no last great battle to wage, forces continually oppose each other and always will.
    Stop fighting and fall behind that is the way of the world
    that is why today the rich are richer than they have ever been and poor workers toil for a wage they can't provide for themselves.
    Big battles loom on the horizon

16. Ruffian 72

Ruffian 72 Well-Known Member

Well, just went to a Burger King. As useless as the cashier was, minimum wage is toooooo much for her. Knowing the manager's attitude to crappy workers, this young lady's crappy attitude and lack of ambition will get her fired. Then she can join the ranks of those who blame others for their crappy life. Oh, the manager started out as a cashier 3 years ago, due believe she makes mid 40's now.

17. Magoo

The Burgar King here is similar.
    I think its a poor management operation, they are there for socializing not serving the customers.
    Don't blame her poor skills blame her management

18. Ruffian 72

Ruffian 72 Well-Known Member

Actually I don't blame her management since they worked their way up from cashier position. 1 of 3 are not worth minimum wage due to poor work/entitlement ethics instilled by leftist indoctrination. Raises and promotions are regular, based on performance. I worked fast food as a second job long time ago. Made shift supervisor in 30 days being a part timer. Like I said, certain people are not even worth minimum wage.

19. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Its always management or owners fault,lol...That,s Union-Democrat 101..

20. Starkravinloon

So no self-worth or drive is needed? I wished I would have known that, my body wouldn't be in the shape it's in now, if that was the case.... I guess the Manager needs to wake her up in the morning, bring her coffee and drive her to and from work?

I don't visit the fast food places, but not because of Management or the workers, I just don't like fast food... My Mother always told me, that good food took time.. If you ain't got the time, don't expect good food or service..

No accountability....