Estes | Mission Impossible

teamster elvis

TB Veteran
Credits
The latest group of posters have came and gone . Posters that try to censor the truth about Estes. They come here and try to discredit me and others who speak out about the unfair treatment of hard working drivers, and others who want better pay and bennies and work rules that are fair for all, not just the managers' favorites. They come here and try to gang up on me. They fail at this task because a) Their arguments are full of personal attacks, instead of facts. b) They are completely out numbered by people that agree with my posts. I WANT DRIVERS AT ESTES TO GET WHAT THEY DESERVE!!!! I have a challenge to all who read these posts, and agree with me. Instead of quietly reading and agreeing, get involved here and voice your complaints. Richmond is monitoring this site, so nows your chance. If I haven't lit a spark under your azz, then all of this has been in vain. Elvis out and waiting.....

There is nothing in the rules that says a poster in Estes forums has to work at Estes. Have you read the rules? Do you see anything that says you should tell anyone to leave this or any other forum?

Rule #1 is an excellent rule to memorize. Kinda like the Golden Rule that my Grand Daddy used to quote to me when I was a wee little Tad Pole.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

go back to ya ups freight boards fool

Why? I kinda like it over here. I have made a home here. I know you think you are my land LORD, and you wish you could evict me. But, I haven't broken any rules to get evicted. So whether you like it or not, we are room mates. Turn the heater up, tuck your self in. It's going to be a long, cold, bitter winter with Elvis in your house. Why don't you go over and visit the ups freight forum? They won't be as nice to you as I have. They will strip you down, and beat you profusely with a stupid stick. UPS FREIGHT has proved that they are comitted to providing a fair and equittable workplace for all of their hard working employees. The teamster contract ,just ratified , is proof of this. There is no reason why an Estes driver should be expected to except any thing less. So I say to you. I have never been nor shall I ever be anybodys' fool. Elvis out....:funky:

Guys, Keep the personal attacks out of this please. Attack the subject, not the person posting it.

Thanks

C fer you see the topic its mission impossible. some guys have to attack thats all they got:hide: :duh: :holysheep: :Poke:

This is a greatly thought piece. Everyone has the chance to talk about Estes get it out and let people know what is going on Elvis is right stop what is going to happen. Or maybe you all should get ready for the steam roller

onesided ex empoyee!

aww but if they did that the forums would go back to the one sided ex employee view on here, and that sir would be a bad thing. :1036316054:
i guess you consider me one side? :biglaugh: Im only hear to tell the truth just like it says in the good book THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE! there are a lot of guys who have seen how bad it really is and just want to support there familys and be treated with respect. I hope some day Richmond can see how we truck drivers will never become billionaires like R Estes but being compansaided for all you time on the clock and drivers who come across those great delays that estes claims they don't have it's not right that you have to leave your family and punch at your start time and have to sit for 3 hours and not get a dime or those poor guys who are on the side of the road broke down and can't start there delay for 3 hours or when they pull into the fuel station and not get paid for that! this company makes billions! :hysterical: :smilie_132:

yeah but still 80k a year is good money to me.

I'm not sure how you're making 80k per year but running almost 3000 miles per week doesn't pay me that. I've never come close to that because they end up leaving us home too much for lack of freight and not paying us for the time we are actually at work. If you are making that much without being away from home all week long I can see why you are for Estes. You my friend are in the minority unless you know something that I don't. I had a run that paid over 3100 miles per week and the most I made was 68k because they cancelled it all the time. Maybe I'm in the minority. Ya'll truck em safe.:smilie_132:

I think I have something that you might want to hear. Imagine that. If you are one of the senior drivers who are still earning that kind of cash at Estes, then listen to me and don't reply back with a wisecrack about conspiracy theories. They are watching you closely. They are not a bit happy about paying that kind of money to any driver who works for Estes. This is a fact not fiction. So if I were you, I would start putting some of it aside, while you can. I know I'm not your financial adviser. Just trying to help. Believe it or not. Elvis out....

I'm not sure how you're making 80k per year but running almost 3000 miles per week doesn't pay me that. I've never come close to that because they end up leaving us home too much for lack of freight and not paying us for the time we are actually at work. If you are making that much without being away from home all week long I can see why you are for Estes. You my friend are in the minority unless you know something that I don't. I had a run that paid over 3100 miles per week and the most I made was 68k because they cancelled it all the time. Maybe I'm in the minority. Ya'll truck em safe.:smilie_132:

Estes west, upper tier, senior drivers earn 52.5 cents a mile. And they get $9.50 to break a set and they get $9.50 to hook a set. Some of these guys get a hook at their home terminal and they may stop at two or three terminals before they arrive at their destination terminal, where they get to break their set. Your'e looking at $19.00 to go through a terminal and break a set and hook back up a set. That adds up quick. The only problem is they hate paying this. And they will find a way to reduce this cost. Your only saving grace is the fact that they hate me even more than paying this cost. So you might just get to keep these double hooks and breaks just to make Elvis look like he's spreading rumors. How do you like that for a no spin zone? Elvis out....

oh so true and the topic here by the way guys was to discuss Estes and the problems with it, not the problems that some here have with others. i tell you what Jesus guy try and say something nice about Estes, something valid that they have done either for you or for the company wide (employee wise and i mean blue collar) that no other trucking company of equal stature does to keep there employees working for them. do this everytime you feel the need to tell people here that your right and there wrong, keep in mind like i have seen so many times in other posts, Elvis never gets threatened to be banned, he speaks his mind (as this is a forum) and its about Estes good or bad.

I look forward to a response from you sir and yes i worked for Estes over 10 years and like Elvis is pointing out i was pushed out the door because i went and got a side job to supplement my income to take care of my family because Estes cut my hours and days, for this i was punished because it was a union shop that i worked for on the side and no i didnt tell them it leaked out (drivers gossip like women you know that) and i definetly didnt try and make a drive to unionize anyone. But i will say this when the stuff hit the fan i was asked to quit or be fired and noone gave a crap about my family or my finances. I went and talked to my part time employer and he did the right thing and put me on full time. i wont even go into the whole end result as far as what was owed to me (vacation, sick days etc), i just didnt get them. I remember when there was a waiting list to get the job i had you had to know someone now they cant find anyone of experienced stature they are hiring straight out of school.

:1036316054:

I made $80k too!

I also made 80k going to Reno and chico for the year doing three trips a week getting my breaks and hooks at the terminals!bUT I WAS ONLY HOME on Saturdaynights and sunday to 5pm and back to Chico that was with no delay pay or breakdown pay or fueling pay or over 13hours in the motel pay like we had when it was GI or else i would of made more!$$$ Plus having to pay$ 68.00per week for my medical insurance and about 35 dollars more for extra deductions for vision and dentals . So about a $100per week thats $400per month by 12months =$4800per year and now thats only $75200.plus out of pocket 2000.per calender year you know were im getting at NO TIME AT HOME NO TAX DEDUCTION OR BREAKs and let alone any delays that i lost out on cause Estes does not pay them!ASK FOR BETTER !:smilie_132: