Mississippi location.

Discussion in 'Central Transport/Vitran' started by Johnson1234, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Johnson1234

Johnson1234 New Member

Any drivers how's the money and job. Says start time 7pm to 7am. Do you guys work the dock.

2. xhubdriver

xhubdriver Member

How is the insurance and benefits?

3. preston01

preston01 Member

this video explains it all of your questions. would you like french fries and cigarette butts in your tractor?

trh1978 likes this.
  4. trh1978

trh1978 Active Member

Don't forget the mold growing in the dash :spam1: CT steak in a can :438:

5. runawaytrain

runawaytrain Wear their scorn with pride.

Love that video and the man that made it should be awarded the Medal of Honor ... I'm never one to defend this crap hole of a company but I must say they have finally got some new tractors although I'm sure in a year or two they will look like the old Sterlings. These guys are the true bottom feeders in LTL. The terminals, forklifts and trailers remain bottom of the barrel still. And the owner deserves to rot in hell for screwing over thousands of people. This place is a stepping stone for guys to move up to some of the legitimate players in LTL. This company shall always remain the ultimate cesspool in LTL TRUCKING. Good day drivers.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    sjones22 and trh1978 like this.
  6. tlandry90

tlandry90 New Member

The old video these guys continue to post.....I drive a brand new Pete and love it.

On to the insurance question - central just upgraded to blue cross/blue shield this yer. i got my new cards in the mail a couple weeks ago.

sjones22 likes this.
  7. drummerforhire

drummerforhire Well-Known Member

That's cool. The insurance they had before was a complete joke. Glad things are looking up over there. It's going to take a looooong time to reverse the damage that's been done to CT's reputation.

How's linehaul paying now? When I left 7 years ago I was getting a flat rate that worked out to about 31.5 cpm and nothing to hook or break a set.

8. tlandry90

tlandry90 New Member

It really depends which lane you're on. some are mid/high fortys and some are up in the mid 50s/

sjones22 likes this.
  9. drummerforhire

drummerforhire Well-Known Member

Still way behind the norm... I'm at 63 cpm, driving a new KW, home every day, and no dock work ever.

Hopefully CT catches up the rest of the way with most of the rest of the LTL carriers. Glad you're happy there but my advice to anyone would be to look elsewhere first.

Frootloop likes this.
  10. PistonRing83

PistonRing83 Well-Known Member

I'm amazed they can even find drivers at that scale. Most of the LTL world is in the low to mid 60's by now.