Yellow | Mitch Lilly's Rant!

LEHIGH vALLEY

TB Veteran
Credits
I titled this post like this so that one of the Company boys out in Overland Park would make damn sure Mr. Lilly gets this.
Ok now on to the heart of the matter.

1. Idle reduction
If I'm inside at a customers dock then yes, The truck is shut off. If I'm over the road and at the diner then yes, The truck is not running.
However if it's 98 degrees or 20 degrees out and I'm told to wait in the cab for an hour while they load/unload then My policy against freezin or heat stroke comes in to play.

2. Enroute fueling.
Why are the units put on the ready line at a break/relay with out enough fuel to make a full trip? This really comes in to play with EOL Drivers.
Here's an example, 211-East. There would be no reason to fuel if the truck was full at 211. I have heard the stories of trying to get fuel out of 211 after a certen time as they have no one on duty to fuel
Now if an EOL uses the Unit then they should fuel the unit BEFORE the Road Driver starts the run.
However if you give a Road Driver a Tractor to run a 450-500 mile trip and he has less than 1/2 a tank just what in the hell is he suppose to do? Pray? Hope the damn fuel gauge is wrong?
Company policy puts the Driver into the position of not having fuel. Make sure the Unit has enough fuel BEFORE the Road Driver reports for duty. Problem solved!
No Fuel at the EOL? That's not the drivers problem now is it? He reports the problem, Management fixes it!

3.Technology For P&D operation.
I hope you will get input from the Dispatchers, And Drivers. They know more about local runs that any computer program. No technology can replace an dispatcher or I.B. supervisor who knows what the hell He/She is doing. The best run Operations I have seen is where the Supervisor(s) will actually listen to what some old timer tells them about why this run has a van & the others runs has a pup & so on. Your front line people know more about their operation that any computer program. Use the resourses you have!

4. Accelerated Service.
Kudos to whomever came up with this! It seems to be working!

5.In cab technology,
Still thinks it's a waist of time. I've went 40 years without "Big Brother" watching me. Yes it many do some good with accidents but I still worry about how it can be used. Another story for another time.

I titled this post like this so that one of the Company boys out in Overland Park would make damn sure Mr. Lilly gets this.
Ok now on to the heart of the matter.

1. Idle reduction
If I'm inside at a customers dock then yes, The truck is shut off. If I'm over the road and at the diner then yes, The truck is not running.
However if it's 98 degrees or 20 degrees out and I'm told to wait in the cab for an hour while they load/unload then My policy against freezin or heat stroke comes in to play.

2. Enroute fueling.
Why are the units put on the ready line at a break/relay with out enough fuel to make a full trip? This really comes in to play with EOL Drivers.
Here's an example, 211-East. There would be no reason to fuel if the truck was full at 211. I have heard the stories of trying to get fuel out of 211 after a certen time as they have no one on duty to fuel
Now if an EOL uses the Unit then they should fuel the unit BEFORE the Road Driver starts the run.
However if you give a Road Driver a Tractor to run a 450-500 mile trip and he has less than 1/2 a tank just what in the hell is he suppose to do? Pray? Hope the damn fuel gauge is wrong?
Company policy puts the Driver into the position of not having fuel. Make sure the Unit has enough fuel BEFORE the Road Driver reports for duty. Problem solved!
No Fuel at the EOL? That's not the drivers problem now is it? He reports the problem, Management fixes it!

3.Technology For P&D operation.
I hope you will get input from the Dispatchers, And Drivers. They know more about local runs that any computer program. No technology can replace an dispatcher or I.B. supervisor who knows what the hell He/She is doing. The best run Operations I have seen is where the Supervisor(s) will actually listen to what some old timer tells them about why this run has a van & the others runs has a pup & so on. Your front line people know more about their operation that any computer program. Use the resourses you have!

4. Accelerated Service.
Kudos to whomever came up with this! It seems to be working!

5.In cab technology,
Still thinks it's a waist of time. I've went 40 years without "Big Brother" watching me. Yes it many do some good with accidents but I still worry about how it can be used. Another story for another time.
Great Idea's brother,but they won't listen its pass the buck,We are the fall guys.Our time will come in 2019 ,Or it will be over and most of us.Will ride of in the sunset of our lives.Screw then they haven't heard us now and won't later.

In the big picture at least it appears they are starting to actually try to manage this company for the first time in 8 years. I think they are getting a lot of input from the execs they hired from Conway and fedx. So I would look for many more changes that will make us look more and more like those 2.

You want change? 2 months before contract talks begin show up @ your Local & let them know exactly what changes you expect in your new contract. Come vote time, make sure your vote reflects the changes you wanted when you informed your Local what you were expecting. Anything less, expect your new rules & wages to have an effect you might not like. von.

Great Idea's brother,but they won't listen its pass the buck,We are the fall guys.Our time will come in 2019 ,Or it will be over and most of us.Will ride of in the sunset of our lives.Screw then they haven't heard us now and won't later.
I know but at least I can get it off my chest!

You want change? 2 months before contract talks begin show up @ your Local & let them know exactly what changes you expect in your new contract. Come vote time, make sure your vote reflects the changes you wanted when you informed your Local what you were expecting. Anything less, expect your new rules & wages to have an effect you might not like. von.
IMO,
The Union will give them more of what they (The Company) want and when we vote it down Hoffa will shove the worthless contract up our asses! (Like the UPS Deal?)
Remember what the International thinks of the Freight division? Were a bunch of whinny bitches and they have more problems with us than any other Division in the Union.

Now you know where you stand!

IMO,
The Union will give them more of what they (The Company) want and when we vote it down Hoffa will shove the worthless contract up our asses! (Like the UPS Deal?)
Remember what the International thinks of the Freight division? Were a bunch of whinny bitches and they have more problems with us than any other Division in the Union.

Now you know where you stand!
That's exactly how I feel too, I'm fed up with Hoffa and company.

Off topic a second.
Who's building next to your terminal Lehigh Valley?
Wasn't that Roadways drop lot?
OD is building a 70 door terminal. Nice to see a company plan for the future while we have to deal with our cramped, little dock.

But again it seems that nobody in Overland Park wants to do anything about it. All we hear is talk----------- And talk-------------------------------------------------------------------------And more talk.

Another company ready for more damage claims it seems. Brodhead road is like driving on the moon. Like speedboating on rough waves.

Another company ready for more damage claims it seems. Brodhead road is like driving on the moon. Like speedboating on rough waves.
That's why when I leave, no matter where I'm going I go west on Brodhead to get to Rt.22. It's a little smoother. Going eastbound out of the terminal? Blatt! Wrong! too damn rough!