TForce | MO to OR transfer

luci

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello all,

I have a road driver opportunity at a Midwest UPS Freight terminal. I have never before been a union member, but believe in them and want to join.

My question is this: I plan on moving to Oregon within 3 years, and am wondering 1) how common are UPS freight driver transfers and 2) what parts of my seniority would transfer?... Would my 5 years to vestment in pension be started over, would mileage pay go back to new higher status... ETC

Or, if anyone can point me to the right place to ask these questions would be great. Thanks.

If I were currently a member I am sure there would be advice from the Local, but I am not in that position.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

When you transfer your amount of years towards your pension transfer with you. You would be keep whatever pay rate you would be at, at the time of transfer.

When you transfer your amount of years towards your pension transfer with you. You would be keep whatever pay rate you would be at, at the time of transfer.
Yes, it's like transferring from prison to prison. The amount of time served is vested. You start out like fresh meat again when you arrive at a new location.

I appreciate all of the input. I now have to make a decision. If I am going to start over somewhere it will be UPS. It seems like the kind of place I would be proud of working at.

The biggest obstacle is the possibility of only 1,500 miles a week at first.

Last edited:
I appreciate all of the input. I now have to make a decision. If I am going to start over somewhere it will be UPS. It seems like the kind of place I would be proud of working at.

The biggest obstacle is the possibility of only 1,500 miles a week at first.
1500 x .71 = around $1000. Can’t make it on that for a while?

1500 x .71 = around $1000. Can’t make it on that for a while?
If I started at 71.5 cents a mile I would have never posted on here. I would have been to busy getting my job at UPS. :biggrin:

The scale progression is somewhat slow too. I gross around $90,000 now. UPS, obviously, pays more for the same job, stepping down is a little scary even though there is a big pay off down the line. However, I probably wouldn't see more money until I had been at UPS for 3 - 4 years. Money is not the entire picture though.

According to to other UPS freight drivers here I really would only get about about 1500 miles a week for a while.

Last edited:
If I started at 71.5 cents a mile I would have never posted on here. I would have been to busy getting my job at UPS. :biggrin:

The scale progression is somewhat slow too. I gross around $90,000 now. UPS, obviously, pays more for the same job, stepping down is a little scary even though there is a big pay off down the line. However, I probably wouldn't see more money until I had been at UPS for 3 - 4 years. Money is not the entire picture though.

According to to other UPS freight drivers here I really would only get about about 1500 miles a week for a while.
Sounds like you have it all figured out