ABF | Modern Day Politics

Let me stir the pot. I believe that ANY religion that preaches death to anyone who does not believe in their religious practices should be wiped off the face of the earth. Stood up against a wall & shot. Or hung in the public square like they used to. Their physical places of worship burned to the ground. Now, comment on that. Peace brother. von. I forgot, if this post makes me a *****, or anyy other name you want to describe me, so be it.

This is a General Information post, and not directed toward anyone in particular......

The Jewish "Yahweh", the Muslim "Allah", and the Christian " Jehovah" ........ are all variations of the same name.... We are all praying to the same God.

To try and convince me that one of the world's major religions,.......... preaches only murder and death....... does not make common sense.

You may show me a hundred verses where the Qu'ran can be construed as calling for death to infidels,....... what about the thousands of verses of peace and light? What about the love sonnets Mohammed sang to his many wives?

I'm sure you can go through the Bible and find many, many bloodthirsty passages....... of laws we no longer use........ stoning for adultery and false idol worship,........ "eye for an eye"......

Just because politicians use race-baiting to score political points off their opponents,...... doesn't mean that we have to.

You can have a box of "facts"......... In this day and age of "alternative facts",.... the partisans on both sides are churning them out right and left....

But........ if what you're told as "fact" ...... flies in the face of common sense,....... then use your common sense.

Mark Twain....( yeah here we go again....) said : " There are lies, damned lies, and statistics..."........ which only goes to show that the "alternative facts" problem has been around for quite a while......

So....... The Muslims,..... all 1.8 billion of them,......... for the past 1400 years, .......Have been fomenting death and destruction,....( while praying to the same God the Christians do).......On all Christians.......And the Jews.....( same God, too)..

Doesn't make sense,........Unless we're all praying to a homicidal, schizophrenic God....

The actions of a small group of religious terrorists.........( See North Ireland and the IRA in case you don't think there's Christian terrorists.....) should not be used to paint with a broad brush, an entire religion.

There are people in Muslim countries who are doing the same thing........ inventing "facts" and pulling passages from the Bible and the Torah, to "prove" that us bloodthirsty Christians and Jews are trying to wipe out the Muslim religion out of hate and intolerance........ starting with the Crusades.

Don't fall for the demogogery of race-baiting politicians trying to stir up the basest element of the electorate........ for their own advantage. Use common sense. That trumps "facts" every time.

Brother Henry J,......, I apologise for calling you a ***** .......I don't think you really are one, you seem too intelligent,....... and I think you got caught up in the rhetoric.

But it was getting a little personal there, with the "liar" and the "low intelligence" and the personal veiled threats.

I'm kind of casual about giving out personal information about myself here......I don't use the anonimnity of a screen name to hide behind. I think it's evident who I am and where I'm from........I really aren't concerned someone will show up here and say :" Did you post that?" .........

So I really didn't appreciate the veiled allusion to the work I do with Local #30. That's not civilized debate.

Whether you accept my apology is up to you.......I'm afraid we're going to have to agree to disagree on many things.

One of us is a *****. You're right,.....Conversation over.
Ahh, yes.....the race card. The Democrats "go to" tactic whenever they can no longer defend their position. I was wondering when you were going to pull that one out. Enjoy your "make believe" world living with your fictional "Milo Mindebender" - whoever that is. Now go take your meds.

Ahh, yes.....the race card. The Democrats "go to" tactic whenever they can no longer defend their position. I was wondering when you were going to pull that one out. Enjoy your "make believe" world living with your fictional "Milo Mindebender" - whoever that is. Now go take your meds.
So in the next 4 years there will be a significant sign of progress in the economy, foreign policy, and far greater plan than Obamacare (mind you Trump stated in speech last night we shall have a better choice in healthcare plan thru expanded HSA)?

Last edited:
Brother Henry J,......, I apologise for calling you a ***** .......I don't think you really are one, you seem too intelligent,....... and I think you got caught up in the rhetoric.

But it was getting a little personal there, with the "liar" and the "low intelligence" and the personal veiled threats.

I'm kind of casual about giving out personal information about myself here......I don't use the anonimnity of a screen name to hide behind. I think it's evident who I am and where I'm from........I really aren't concerned someone will show up here and say :" Did you post that?" .........

So I really didn't appreciate the veiled allusion to the work I do with Local #30. That's not civilized debate.

Whether you accept my apology is up to you.......I'm afraid we're going to have to agree to disagree on many things.
I believe the asked for resignation is a face- saving maneuver. General Flynn lied to V.P. Pence about the calls, V.P. Pence defended him publicly,............And then after the resignation, V.P. Pence had to read about it in the Washington Post,.... because no one ,....... for whatever reason, .... or lack of reason..... had bothered to let him know General Flynn had resigned.

Very lackadaisical/unprofessional/disrespectful.

I listened to the NPR report about the seriousness of the charges, and their conclusion that the calls themselves did not warrant a violation of law. General Flynn's lying about the calls initially is what brought about the lack of confidence.

By the way, the Logan Act was only used once before ......during the Nixon administration, when certain of his Yorba Linda friends attempted to "pave the way" with the Chinese Communists prior to Nixon's China visit. He didn't really trust Kissinger because of Kissinger's hatred of the Chinese ..,....... so he attempted an "end-,run" around his diplomatic corps.

Boy, I really hate to see parrellels between the Trump administration and the Nixon regime. .........
What did we do when Bubba Clinton gave secret missile and rocket guidance technology to China in 1999 ? Answer - NOTHING .
Is China one of our friends or an ally? NO

Let me stir the pot. I believe that ANY religion that preaches death to anyone who does not believe in their religious practices should be wiped off the face of the earth. Stood up against a wall & shot. Or hung in the public square like they used to. Their physical places of worship burned to the ground. Now, comment on that. Peace brother. von. I forgot, if this post makes me a *****, or anyy other name you want to describe me, so be it.
Have you read the Old Testament of the Bible?

What did we do when Bubba Clinton gave secret missile and rocket guidance technology to China in 1999 ? Answer - NOTHING .
Is China one of our friends or an ally? NO
You say Obama nearly doubled the national debt by $20 trillion? Seems Trump is on the way of topping that with cuts in taxes to the middle class and cut the corporate tax. Trying to figure where he is going find the money to fund his border wall, increase in military and infacstructure spending.

You say Obama nearly doubled the national debt by $20 trillion? Seems Trump is on the way of topping that with cuts in taxes to the middle class and cut the corporate tax. Trying to figure where he is going find the money to fund his border wall, increase in military and infacstructure spending.
DID double the Nat'l debt TO $20 trillion. What did we get out of it ? What do we have to show for it? Food stamp recipients went from 28 million in 2012 to over 48 million just a year later. 11 million illegal immigrants have crossed the southern border. Each one of those are getting better care than our military vets. Obama left a mess behind that's going to take a boatload of money to try to clean up. Our military strength is now lower than it has been for over 50 years while that of both China and Russia are growing rapidly. Obama cut everything in our military through sequesters over the last 8 years. Now we have to play "catch up" just to keep up with our two main enemies and an "out of control" Iran and No. Korea, both threatening nukes. Hopefully a very healthy economy in the years ahead will more than take care of the costs that are needed.

I question these moves myself and all I can do is wait and see how it pans out. At this time I am against any tax reductions for anyone except, maybe, to keep business here, lower taxed business is better than no business. However, I also believe that there is an amazing amount of waste and poorly spent money that, if corrected, could go a long way towards fiscal responsibility.

One of us is a *****. You're right,.....Conversation over.
***** ? No. - ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ ? No - Your comment really pissed me off. In my life I have lived among a lot of black people while in the Navy serving on 5 aircraft carriers and at 3 Naval Air Stations. We shared close quarters on all those ships and did NOT have private rooms at the Naval bases, so we all got along. Those ships and air bases also had large contingents of Marines. We all got along. After the Navy, I worked with, worked for and had good friends that were black. As in any group of people, there were a few that were A-holes, but most were good guys, some very good guys, some were supervisors or dispatchers (one was a TM in Indy). Some of the office girls I knew were good people, too (also black). We all got along. When someone like you just assumes I am a ***** or a ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ because I don't share their political viewpoints, it pisses me off. Maybe that was the way it was while you were in the Air Force, but it wasn't so with me. If you are encountering people that constantly refer to blacks as (the N-word you used) you need to find different friends or just tell them to clam up. I do believe that was one of the "disingenuous comments" that you made in your post # 11. There are a lot of other "intentional misrepresentations" in your posts, too, that would take up too much space to list. One big one was your claim to be a volunteer, unpaid treasurer of the political PAC at your local. To claim that you are unpaid and are still in charge of writing checks and choosing who gets the political donations from the local, is a stretch. I have been a member of my local for most of 37 years and I know NOBODY does anything there for free. Even the stewards get paid by their companies for any missed time spent on union business. The IBT or the local picks up the tab for their travel expenses, meals, tips, bar tab and hotel stays.Every employee of the locals get paid very well. Even the janitor at the local gets good pay.(0ver $20. an hour)
As for your admiration for everything Muslim I still suggest you read the two links I have provided.. One provides proof of the requirement of a good faithful member of Islam to lie to the infidels in order to gain their trust https://sites.google.com/site/muslimdeception/taqiyya is one and the other is www.thereligionofpeace.com . about the "less than peaceful" intents of Islam. The content of these sites is directly from the Quran and from the Muslim prophet Muhammad which directly contradicts your quote in post # 11 "The Islamic religion does not teach hate or killing" (109 verses of violence)
Maybe this is "fake news" from the year 634 AD. If so, I'm sure Brietbart or Rush Linbaugh is responsible.

Now, I'm done.

I question these moves myself and all I can do is wait and see how it pans out. At this time I am against any tax reductions for anyone except, maybe, to keep business here, lower taxed business is better than no business. However, I also believe that there is an amazing amount of waste and poorly spent money that, if corrected, could go a long way towards fiscal responsibility.
Nothing can get done - good or not so good so long as the childish Democrats keep blocking and delaying every move in the choosing and confirmation of cabinet picks. I did not know until this morning that even though the Democrats have the minority in the Senate, they can require 30 hours of debate on every prospective candidate for Trumps cabinet posts that need Senate approval. There are 7 more that need Senate approval and the Democrats will "run the clock out" and use the full 30 hours of debate on every one of them. If ANY of them are rejected, the 30 hour clock starts again for the next choice. This doesn't even include at least 2000 other vacancies in the Trump administration that needs to be filled. I'm sure the Democrats will figure out a way to stall those appointments, too. In the meantime, the American people are not being served. The Democrats still are insisting on playing political games. The televised Trump speech before the full Congress last night showed that. The Dems have no intention of being inclusive in Government. Compromise and cooperation are not in their vocabulary. Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi instructed her Democrat House members to "sit on their hands" and do not stand for any Trump proposal.in his speech. 99% of them did exactly as they were told. Disgusting.

DID double the Nat'l debt TO $20 trillion. What did we get out of it ? What do we have to show for it? Food stamp recipients went from 28 million in 2012 to over 48 million just a year later. 11 million illegal immigrants have crossed the southern border. Each one of those are getting better care than our military vets. Obama left a mess behind that's going to take a boatload of money to try to clean up. Our military strength is now lower than it has been for over 50 years while that of both China and Russia are growing rapidly. Obama cut everything in our military through sequesters over the last 8 years. Now we have to play "catch up" just to keep up with our two main enemies and an "out of control" Iran and No. Korea, both threatening nukes. Hopefully a very healthy economy in the years ahead will more than take care of the costs that are needed.
Seems like Trump has changed course again he wants to keep them here nowhttps://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/01/us/politics/trump-undocumented-immigrants.html

***** ? No. - ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ ? No - Your comment really pissed me off. In my life I have lived among a lot of black people while in the Navy serving on 5 aircraft carriers and at 3 Naval Air Stations. We shared close quarters on all those ships and did NOT have private rooms at the Naval bases, so we all got along. Those ships and air bases also had large contingents of Marines. We all got along. After the Navy, I worked with, worked for and had good friends that were black. As in any group of people, there were a few that were A-holes, but most were good guys, some very good guys, some were supervisors or dispatchers (one was a TM in Indy). Some of the office girls I knew were good people, too (also black). We all got along. When someone like you just assumes I am a ***** or a ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ because I don't share their political viewpoints, it pisses me off. Maybe that was the way it was while you were in the Air Force, but it wasn't so with me. If you are encountering people that constantly refer to blacks as (the N-word you used) you need to find different friends or just tell them to clam up. I do believe that was one of the "disingenuous comments" that you made in your post # 11. There are a lot of other "intentional misrepresentations" in your posts, too, that would take up too much space to list. One big one was your claim to be a volunteer, unpaid treasurer of the political PAC at your local. To claim that you are unpaid and are still in charge of writing checks and choosing who gets the political donations from the local, is a stretch. I have been a member of my local for most of 37 years and I know NOBODY does anything there for free. Even the stewards get paid by their companies for any missed time spent on union business. The IBT or the local picks up the tab for their travel expenses, meals, tips, bar tab and hotel stays.Every employee of the locals get paid very well. Even the janitor at the local gets good pay.(0ver $20. an hour)
As for your admiration for everything Muslim I still suggest you read the two links I have provided.. One provides proof of the requirement of a good faithful member of Islam to lie to the infidels in order to gain their trust https://sites.google.com/site/muslimdeception/taqiyya is one and the other is www.thereligionofpeace.com . about the "less than peaceful" intents of Islam. The content of these sites is directly from the Quran and from the Muslim prophet Muhammad which directly contradicts your quote in post # 11 "The Islamic religion does not teach hate or killing" (109 verses of violence)
Maybe this is "fake news" from the year 634 AD. If so, I'm sure Brietbart or Rush Linbaugh is responsible.

Now, I'm done.
I have to disagree on steward issue. If you have a steward who fights for the membership at the panel he/she should be compensated for time lost IF they're doing there job to the best of their ability.

Nothing can get done - good or not so good so long as the childish Democrats keep blocking and delaying every move in the choosing and confirmation of cabinet picks. I did not know until this morning that even though the Democrats have the minority in the Senate, they can require 30 hours of debate on every prospective candidate for Trumps cabinet posts that need Senate approval. There are 7 more that need Senate approval and the Democrats will "run the clock out" and use the full 30 hours of debate on every one of them. If ANY of them are rejected, the 30 hour clock starts again for the next choice. This doesn't even include at least 2000 other vacancies in the Trump administration that needs to be filled. I'm sure the Democrats will figure out a way to stall those appointments, too. In the meantime, the American people are not being served. The Democrats still are insisting on playing political games. The televised Trump speech before the full Congress last night showed that. The Dems have no intention of being inclusive in Government. Compromise and cooperation are not in their vocabulary. Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi instructed her Democrat House members to "sit on their hands" and do not stand for any Trump proposal.in his speech. 99% of them did exactly as they were told. Disgusting.
So your saying the GOP never dragged any bill/ confirmations out when Obama was in office instead of bipartisanship?

So your saying the GOP never dragged any bill/ confirmations out when Obama was in office instead of bipartisanship?
Not to this degree of pure hatred. Sure, there was some obstruction by the Republicans, but there were not destructive demonstrations, flag burning, cars being torched, threats to "blow up the White House, massive damage on college campuses or the opposition openly dishonoring a fallen American soldier like we saw during the speech on Tues night. Peaceful opposition is expected and protected by 1st amendment, but destruction of property & doing physical harm to police officers is not. The actions by disgruntled Democrat politicians that openly encourage more violent demonstrations is disgraceful. Whatever happened to the "peaceful transition of power" in this country that Hillary was bragging about just 6 months ago?

I have to disagree on steward issue. If you have a steward who fights for the membership at the panel he/she should be compensated for time lost IF they're doing there job to the best of their ability.
They ARE - at least in my local. As part of the contract, they are paid any time lost at their regular job (line haul run or dock time or city p & d). There is no lost money. The stewards are paid for any time lost until they are no longer a steward. They are also paid for lost company time for attending "steward workshops" at remote locations (usually golf courses), wife included, all expenses paid.

Not to this degree of pure hatred. Sure, there was some obstruction by the Republicans, but there were not destructive demonstrations, flag burning, cars being torched, threats to "blow up the White House, massive damage on college campuses or the opposition openly dishonoring a fallen American soldier like we saw during the speech on Tues night. Peaceful opposition is expected and protected by 1st amendment, but destruction of property & doing physical harm to police officers is not. The actions by disgruntled Democrat politicians that openly encourage more violent demonstrations is disgraceful. Whatever happened to the "peaceful transition of power" in this country that Hillary was bragging about just 6 months ago?
I could throw the theory that when Trump says he will restore law and order really means beat'em and kill'em but I won't. You can class the generation X movement to the democratic leadership just cause they're more liberal minded than you.