ABF | Modern Day Politics

Have you read the Old Testament of the Bible?
Have you read the Old Testament of the Bible?
Yes I have but VERY limited, Old & New version Bible information. The one thing that comes to mind is just how contradictory it can be. Like a couple of quotes, 'an eye for an eye', 'and thou shall not kill'. The bible is a great piece of literature that can be interpreted many different ways. If someone kills my family the good book says I should kill his family (eye for an eye). But, it also says 'thou shall not kill', so should I stand by while my family is slaughtered & do nothing? In a lot of places of our Federal Government, on our money for one, states 'In God We Trust'. And I do. But I & I hope a lot of our Truckingboards Family members believe that our great country DID NOT achieve what it has today by standing by while someone or a group of people slaughtered their family. Hebrews 11.1 sums up my belief in Religion, ‘Faith is the substance of things hoped for, & the evidence of things not seen” As to religion in general, more people in the history of this planet have died in the name of Religion than for any other reason. Now if you look @ my post I said people who advocate my death for not following their religious practice should be killed. And I reaffirm that belief. But because of conflicting literature in the Bible am I going to Heaven or Hell? By reading the good book there is no definitive answer. Back to Hebrews, I have great faith & when I die & my Spirit leaves my body, then & only then will I have that definitive answer. Von.

Yes I have but VERY limited, Old & New version Bible information. The one thing that comes to mind is just how contradictory it can be. Like a couple of quotes, 'an eye for an eye', 'and thou shall not kill'. The bible is a great piece of literature that can be interpreted many different ways. If someone kills my family the good book says I should kill his family (eye for an eye). But, it also says 'thou shall not kill', so should I stand by while my family is slaughtered & do nothing? In a lot of places of our Federal Government, on our money for one, states 'In God We Trust'. And I do. But I & I hope a lot of our Truckingboards Family members believe that our great country DID NOT achieve what it has today by standing by while someone or a group of people slaughtered their family. Hebrews 11.1 sums up my belief in Religion, ‘Faith is the substance of things hoped for, & the evidence of things not seen” As to religion in general, more people in the history of this planet have died in the name of Religion than for any other reason. Now if you look @ my post I said people who advocate my death for not following their religious practice should be killed. And I reaffirm that belief. But because of conflicting literature in the Bible am I going to Heaven or Hell? By reading the good book there is no definitive answer. Back to Hebrews, I have great faith & when I die & my Spirit leaves my body, then & only then will I have that definitive answer. Von.

Hah! Bro. Von.........Mark Twain told a story about a dying man who asked a preacher whether Heaven or Hell was more preferable........... and the preacher deferred choosing, ........ saying that both places had their advantages.......... One for the climate, and the other for the company..........

Hah! Bro. Von.........Mark Twain told a story about a dying man who asked a preacher whether Heaven or Hell was more preferable........... and the preacher deferred choosing, ........ saying that both places had their advantages.......... One for the climate, and the other for the company..........
Now if that is not funny, I don't know what funny is. Thanks, that made my day. von.

As a former member of our military, I was sworn to protect and defend this country and it's Constitution to the best of my abilities. (those "abilities" included a weapon assigned to me that I was trained to use, not just to carry around, clean or look at).
Under the UCMJ article 99, I was also required to act accordingly in the face of danger or facing an enemy. That included killing any enemy that threatens, tries to kill or kills other members of my unit or any other American. To me the same applies to anyone that threatens with a weapon, harms or kills any of my family members - no matter WHAT the Bible says about "forgiveness" or "turning the other cheek". I WILL do my utmost to kill that other person or persons before they do any harm to me or my family.

Last edited:
I could throw the theory that when Trump says he will restore law and order really means beat'em and kill'em but I won't. You can class the generation X movement to the democratic leadership just cause they're more liberal minded than you.
I don't recall Trump ever saying "Beat 'em and kill 'em" but since you have the gift of extrasensory perception, telepathy or clairvoyance and have the ability to read the thoughts of others - I guess it must be true.

Amen brother

I don't recall the democrats supporting violent protest either.
I guess you just choose not to recall - Obama in Germany 11/17/16 - Obama on 1/31/17 (through spokesman Kevin Lewis) - Hillary on 1/21/17 - Hillary on 1/31/17 encouraging Womens March violence, to just name a few. Hillary or Obummer never once asked that the violence stop and only demonstrate peacefully (as 1st amendment intends) Many more "March On" encouragements were spouted by both.
If you choose to find all the dates and places, they are on record - even on CNN - if you choose to look. But I'm just guessing you don't. (I don't have the gift of extrasensory perception like you do so I can;t read what is in your mind - I'm just guessing).

Last edited:
As a former member of our military, I was sworn to protect and defend this country and it's Constitution to the best of my abilities. (those "abilities" included a weapon assigned to me that I was trained to use, not just to carry around, clean or look at).
Under the UCMJ article 99, I was also required to act accordingly in the face of danger or facing an enemy. That included killing any enemy that threatens, tries to kill or kills other members of my unit or any other American. To me the same applies to anyone that threatens with a weapon, harms or kills any of my family members - no matter WHAT the Bible says about "forgiveness" or "turning the other cheek". I WILL do my utmost to kill that other person or persons before they do any harm to me or my family.
Thank you for your service.

Did you ever say you wouldn't follow the orders of a commanding officer because someone else was due to take over or you simply did not agree?

I ask because I'm curious as to how you view the refusal of the majority in the senate to follow through on their constitutional duty to offer advice and consent when President Obama offered a nominee for the Supreme Court.

Your posts point toward a belief in law and order and your sense of duty to this Country and the Constitution. How do you square this total disregard of the law by those SWORN to uphold it?

While reading , I saw this potential solution - ::shit:: or get off the pot. In otherwords , the Senate has a given amount of time to act , and if they don't it's considered a waiver of their power , allowing the President to move forward with an appointment.

Did you ever say you wouldn't follow the orders of a commanding officer because someone else was due to take over or you simply did not agree?

I ask because I'm curious as to how you view the refusal of the majority in the senate to follow through on their constitutional duty to offer advice and consent when President Obama offered a nominee for the Supreme Court.

Your posts point toward a belief in law and order and your sense of duty to this Country and the Constitution. How do you square this total disregard of the law by those SWORN to uphold it?

While reading , I saw this potential solution - :::shit::: or get off the pot. In otherwords , the Senate has a given amount of time to act , and if they don't it's considered a waiver of their power , allowing the President to move forward with an appointment.
While I agree with you I must confess...at this particular time I am thrilled that this and the Electoral College worked the way they did.

I guess you just choose not to recall - Obama in Germany 11/17/16 - Obama on 1/31/17 (through spokesman Kevin Lewis) - Hillary on 1/21/17 - Hillary on 1/31/17 encouraging Womens March violence, to just name a few. Hillary or Obummer never once asked that the violence stop and only demonstrate peacefully (as 1st amendment intends) Many more "March On" encouragements were spouted by both.
If you choose to find all the dates and places, they are on record - even on CNN - if you choose to look. But I'm just guessing you don't. (I don't have the gift of extrasensory perception like you do so I can;t read what is in your mind - I'm just guessing).
Never got your reply on Trump will allow undocumented immigrants citizenship.

While I agree with you I must confess...at this particular time I am thrilled that this and the Electoral College worked the way they did.
For now , yes , I agree with you. But I have doubts and concerns about Trump - number one being that he has a long track record of having been a Democrat , a Democratic supporter , being a New York Liberal , and spending other people's money ( while preserving his own ) - I believe in being fiscally conservative and having governmental accountability. The laws that govern the rest of us SHOULD also apply to those that write and enforce the laws.

So far , Trump and his administration have set a less than stellar example. Trump is a leader which means you SET the example that others follow. I can't ignore all of the stupidity that swirls around him just because he's done a few things I approve of.

Here is the article on march I can't find where she inciting violence http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/22/politics/hillary-clinton-tweet-womens-march/index.html you said it was on CNN

DID double the Nat'l debt TO $20 trillion. What did we get out of it ? What do we have to show for it? Food stamp recipients went from 28 million in 2012 to over 48 million just a year later. 11 million illegal immigrants have crossed the southern border. Each one of those are getting better care than our military vets. Obama left a mess behind that's going to take a boatload of money to try to clean up. Our military strength is now lower than it has been for over 50 years while that of both China and Russia are growing rapidly. Obama cut everything in our military through sequesters over the last 8 years. Now we have to play "catch up" just to keep up with our two main enemies and an "out of control" Iran and No. Korea, both threatening nukes. Hopefully a very healthy economy in the years ahead will more than take care of the costs that are needed.
Just in case you forgot still waiting on that Trump immigrant reply

I can't ignore all of the stupidity that swirls around him just because he's done a few things I approve of.
I won't deny that he has said a lot of things that didn't need to be said and at times he even makes me wince. However, I concentrate more on the things that I am looking to be done and he is a singing my song. No, I'm not a world economist but some of these things are soooo simple that a blind man could see it. Additionally, I have read a few pieces on him and opinions on his MO and I watch what he does. Using OP money is nothing new for anyone and I do it to a certain extent. i e I buy most of my stuff with a credit card and pay the bill when it comes in. Why pay cash when I can keep the cash for a few more weeks? No, the savings isn't big but it is a savings. I also have a home equity loan out while I have more than enough money in the bank to pay it off...and I am usually not into paying interest if I can help it. That speech he gave on Tuesday was so good that even the news agencies could hardly pick it apart. And even a blind man can see that most of them are biased against him. Then I was provided with this little clip that you should enjoy. There are other versions of it on YouTube if you don't like this particular one.

I won't deny that he has said a lot of things that didn't need to be said and at times he even makes me wince. However, I concentrate more on the things that I am looking to be done and he is a singing my song. No, I'm not a world economist but some of these things are soooo simple that a blind man could see it. Additionally, I have read a few pieces on him and opinions on his MO and I watch what he does. Using OP money is nothing new for anyone and I do it to a certain extent. i e I buy most of my stuff with a credit card and pay the bill when it comes in. Why pay cash when I can keep the cash for a few more weeks? No, the savings isn't big but it is a savings. I also have a home equity loan out while I have more than enough money in the bank to pay it off...and I am usually not into paying interest if I can help it. That speech he gave on Tuesday was so good that even the news agencies could hardly pick it apart. And even a blind man can see that most of them are biased against him. Then I was provided with this little clip that you should enjoy. There are other versions of it on YouTube if you don't like this particular one.
On top of it, if you search YouTube for other videos on it you will find some with Trump balking at government waste and how just eliminating that would save a boatload of money.

While reading , I saw this potential solution - :::shit::: or get off the pot. In otherwords , the Senate has a given amount of time to act , and if they don't it's considered a waiver of their power , allowing the President to move forward with an appointment.
I will answer honestly - (The military oath we swore to uphold is on-line to read) I took the oath prior to basic training at San Diego in 1962. I was 17 years old and I remember it being the proudest day of my life. All of a sudden I knew what being an American was all about. I remembered that a cousin died at the Normandy invasion. I remembered my brother who fought in Korea in '51-'52. I remembered another cousin who fought at Iwo Jima. Now it was my turn to serve my country. I wasn't a kid anymore. My Dad died when I was 12, so I was doing this for him, too. I could not and would not fail. It was a turning point in my life.
A short time after taking the oath, I asked what a lot of other "boots" were thinking, too. "If we are ordered to do something that seems like it will get us killed - can we suggest another plan?" We were told the oath is simple, straightforward and direct. You WILL do as ordered by your superiors and the President. To NOT do so is cowardice, treason, dereliction of duty or desertion, depending on circumstances, all covered in the UCMJ Article 99. I was then told a quote that pretty much covered it all "in a nutshell". "Your DUTY is not to question why, but simply to do or die". I didn't find out till years later where that quote came from, but it has always stuck with me as to what DUTY stands for. That is exactly what USN "Chief" Owens of Seal Team 6 and his team-mates did in Yemen on Jan 29. They know danger (it was Ryan Owens' 12th deployment to the war zone) and they know DUTY. Being former Navy myself, I understand their commitment to duty and country and even more, their commitment to their fellow team members. They are family.
Getting back to your questions - No, I did not EVER question any of my superiors (at least not vocally) In my mind, I may have had some doubts - but I always followed orders. It has to be that way in the military, or the whole chain of command will break down. Missions will fail, people will needlessly die. Military commanders cannot sit around and argue and play political games like politicians do for months at a time. When an opportunity to hit the enemy comes up - it has to be done quickly using the best people to do the job. On Jan 29 - SEAL Team 6 was chosen to hit Yemen. They are the best of the best, but they each know every mission could be their last. They did what they swore to do in that oath.
As for the members of our Congress (House and Senate), they too take an oath (which also is on-line to read). They swear to : "defend the Constitution against all Enemies foreign and domestic" - "will bear true faith and allegiance" will do so "without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion" and "will faithfully discharge my duties".
In my humble opinion a very large portion of Congressional members are guilty of dereliction of duty. Yes, they are allowed to question and debate, but when they question the results of an election, question the legality of the Electoral System, intentionally try to undermine a new President, refuse to attend government functions, allow a former President (Obama) to sabotage his replacement by "leaking" confidential information to his "insiders" before leaving office, (then these "insiders" attempting to impeach a sitting president), illegally allowing these "leakers" to pass secret or confidential info on to hostile "news" outlets knowing the "news" outlets will not divulge the source, claiming 1st amendment confidentiality rights, then trying to discredit every member of a new president's cabinet choices with "gotcha" questions that are then used out of context to further stall and destroy our government - then THAT and many other things that are now going on are just political warfare by the Democrats designed to destroy the sitting President, his cabinet and his agenda. This is directly against what they swore to do when they took the oath.
THEY have become the "domestic enemies" of the American people - by blocking the elected president's attempt to do anything.
THEY are not bearing true faith and allegience.
THEY ARE using "mental reservation and evasion" for political reasons in their attempt to destroy a president and regain power.
and THEY ARE NOT faithfully discharging their duties when they refuse to attend some official debates and hearings and they instead listen to their POLITICAL LEADERS (Schumer - Pelosi) when told to "sit on their hands" and "do not stand" and simply oppose everything - to stall and hopefully destroy a sitting legally elected president and his cabinet.
According to what I was told when I took MY oath in 1962. an intentional refusal to abide by my oath was an act of treason, dereliction of duty and everything else in the UCMJ Art. 99, punishable by death, prison or dishonorable discharge.
Now the members of Congress can selectively choose to ignore their oath simply because their political party lost the last election? Remember these people at the next election - write, call or e-mail them now.

Last edited:
Just in case you forgot still waiting on that Trump immigrant reply
You Dems keep forgetting to say "illegal" or "unvetted". Why is that? Are you in favor of another 11 million illegal immigrants streaming across our southern border? Are you OK with allowing just anybody, with no knowledge of their intentions or past possible connections to terrorist organizations, into this country? How's that working out for Germany, France, Sweden and Denmark?