Holland | Money In The Bank

tsr

TB Lurker
Credits
This just shows you how yrc operates and its quest for greed. USF Holland president made this statement to our TM when he was on his monthly visits. "Quote" YRC has enough money in bank to sustain Holland indefinitely" YRC is squeezing us dry and banking the money. If tis doesn't beat all !!!!:Flame-On: Well YRC can :butt kiss:

First of all the statement should have given you something to be hopeful about. Secondly, YRC owns us, it's their money now, not ours. As much as I wish this were not true, that is how it is.

First of all the statement should have given you something to be hopeful about. Secondly, YRC owns us, it's their money now, not ours. As much as I wish this were not true, that is how it is.

Hopeful yes.......but to a small degree. over this weekend I ran into a couple of fellows whom were with Preston Trucking. Well they have been following the course and events of HOlland since yellow purchased us. And their response was its almost identical the way they handled Preston and you know what happen to Preston:thumbsdown:

YRC can not afford to close up Holland due to the cost of the unfunded liability to be paid to the pension fund.

YRC can not afford to close up Holland due to the cost of the unfunded liability to be paid to the pension fund.

That's laughable, Who's going to force yrc to pay up the liability? Active U S A pulled out of Charlotte nc ( mt holly)owing 8 million to central states and is still not paid. However it has only been about 6 years so maybe there is still hope.

Hopeful yes.......but to a small degree. over this weekend I ran into a couple of fellows whom were with Preston Trucking. Well they have been following the course and events of HOlland since yellow purchased us. And their response was its almost identical the way they handled Preston and you know what happen to Preston:thumbsdown:

But....Yellow Corp did not own Preston when it went out of business....diid they tell you that?

YC spun it off on its own to a group of former Preston executives I beleive....and you know what happened later....KK

That's laughable, Who's going to force yrc to pay up the liability? Active U S A pulled out of Charlotte nc ( mt holly)owing 8 million to central states and is still not paid. However it has only been about 6 years so maybe there is still hope.
Well I see the union is going after Conway for 662 million that they owe them ,lets see what happins.

yrcw

maybe yrcw will spin holland off to lose the central states libility. They could spin them off at a cut rate and save big money in liabilities.

Yellow did not buy Preston for Preston they purchased Preston Corp for the nonunions(Saia and Smally) which were merged into Saia. Afterwhich Preston The 151 Line operated for 5 more years and only 1 quarter of the 5 years showed a profit. The reason for the Preston Corp purchase was being the fact that Teamster President Ron Carey would not negotiate a shorthaul (regional) contract with Yellow Freight.So this being the Holland board and not wanting to step on any toes and since were in the same boat here, also I'm one of you(Teamster)so be easy on me. Yellow, YRCW, Whatever they call themselves now did not purchase just Holland They purchased all USF CO's(Reddaway,Dugan,Bestway,Glen Moore,Holland) I'm not defending this Corp.YRCW But I find it hard to believe they would take such a big loss intentionally at these economic times but maybe I'm just plain in denial. Whatever were just numbers Good Luck to all of us.

Nothing wrong with you telling it the way it was Bob. We know we're all just resources for the company to use. Labor, equipment, land or structures, they'll use any of their resources, anyway they wish just to show a small profit, thats business. Its not fair to treat people the way they do, but I guess we're either an asset or an impairment for them and they won't ever see us any other way.

KK does yrc have anything as far as holding left at Saia Truck Lines, the non-union division left? I do know they own them around the same time they own Preston

It was my understanding Yellow sold off Saia completely. KK might say differently, but thats what I was told a long time ago DS.