MONEY

Discussion in 'Estes Express Lines' started by Cajuntex, Apr 3, 2016.

1. hotrodd

hotrodd Active Member

They wanted two volunteers to take off on Tuesday at our terminal.

2. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

HAR,CHA and the bigger terminals are going to get their guys out first, including their extraboard.. If you're a vistor, you're getting the scraps... Might as well accept it..

3. shins

shins Member

I think they use extra board drivers at the hotel before using extra board drivers at home.

4. Starkravinloon

Yeah, they are suppose to, but I've seen them sit and they get theirs out first. The buddy system ya know...

5. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Memphis was terrible about this at one time.Finally called Central and they told me to call them next time,instead of the terminal..

6. Starkravinloon

Central is 4 states away, Memphis does what Memphis wants to do... I've seen that proven on several hundred occasions..

7. a9faninnc

It may be four states away,but they got me a set of empties to get out of that :shit: hole town,lol..

8. mildew

mildew Super Moderator Staff Member

I keep getting texts saying how much freight is out there and how many miles drivers are getting

9. drummerforhire

drummerforhire Well-Known Member

Averaging close to 4 million pounds a day for the past month. Twice the normal volume for this time of year.

10. Starkravinloon

Relay terminals.. They get credit for breaking the trailer seal, even if they don't move but one piece... It's all about how to manipulate the numbers...

11. a9faninnc

Yep..Delay a schedule for an hour,just to squeeze 1 pallet on a full pup...

12. drummerforhire

drummerforhire Well-Known Member

Regardless of who's getting credit for the load, there's still 2 million pounds more than normal coming through Memphis, including relay trailers that don't touch the dock. We're busy as hell right now and it's welcome.

troubleman84 and Frootloop like this.
  13. Frootloop

Frootloop Well-Known Member

Yesterday Memphis ran me on 10 with a 600+ miler. What a blessing. Almost seemed too good to be true.

14. Starkravinloon

That would be fine if you guys were getting to move the freight.. How many contractors still run outta there? When I was still getting news from up there, there was around 25 to 30, which constitutes roughly 60 loads a week that never gets to a company driver.. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, because Estes is going to do it anyway.
    And it has everything to do with the credit, the smaller terminals are told they can't claim it.. That's the inequality that Estes projects.. What's good for one, ain't good for another..

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  15. dnr1262

dnr1262 Member

I mainly run northeast, and midwest. Rarely go south. Crossed GW twice yesterday. Went empty 125 miles to run 870 lbs 92 miles. Only to sit a total of 5 hours last night. If we were compensated for wait time that would come to a complete stop. I'll go anywhere they say and not complain but this wait time is becoming a JOKE!!

Frootloop likes this.
  16. Starkravinloon

They won't pay because the incompetency and doubt in their dock supervision... Just like the whining and complaining about cross docking. They don't want to cross dock and they won't let it work because it ties the feet to the floor of the supervisors to be accountable... And it's the easiest process known to mankind. They need field trainers, not Regional VP's...

hotrodd likes this.
  17. mildew

Hard to get miles in the Northeast. It's always been that way for any company. Seriously doubt I'd drive a truck if I lived up there

troubleman84 likes this.
  18. dnr1262

dnr1262 Member

I'm out of North Carolina. Miles are hard to come by and the waiting us getting worse.

19. mildew

I think the terminal you run out of plays a big part in it. Have a friend on extraboard. He gets 3,000 every week. He stays out an extra day every now and then. I would think even with only, 2200 miles at $.6250 and a few hooks would be enough cash for anyone in trucking. I'm sure the money made here is plenty more than drivers bargained for when they decided trucking was what they wanted to do

drummerforhire and dnr1262 like this.
  20. mildew

When I first started running extraboard I was thinking a 450 mile run was s good run and plenty of money until everyone told me it wasn't. I'm glad I got away from thinking I need 600+ miles a day to survive. It's hard on the body.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016